Breaking silence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2013, 11:06 AM
RE: Breaking silence
(07-07-2013 05:12 AM)NL Atheist Wrote:  Being a normal guy with normal, loving parents and a normal, loving family I can't imagine what it's like being treated so badly by your the people you're supposed to trust. I can only imagine it's very hard.

I can only give you lots of cyber-hugs Hug

I have a fantastically loving family. (I would never want to be normal though, fuck that boring shit. Smile )

Just because something bad happens to someone it does not shape their whole being and does not mean they dont have a fantastic family.

The Out Crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-07-2013, 11:07 AM
(07-07-2013 08:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  So what do you guys think of this remark:

Quote:simgiran Wrote: The main points I remember are: Never make the victim feel responsible for the abuse. (Unfortunately there is still too many people who do. It can make horrible harm.) Be there for the victims, tell them that what happened to may feel them bad, feel damaged and that in such case you are there for them.

Would you have preferred if your abuser had comforted you and told you he was there to support you?

As a 4 year old, I would have eaten that up and gotten further under his spell. I think it just makes it easier for the abuser to come back for more. It doesn't help the victim at all to be comforted by the abuser, quite the opposite.

What do you think?

If the person had still been alive and contacted me now.......well lets just say its better he hanged himself.

The Out Crowd.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-07-2013, 11:27 AM
(07-07-2013 11:06 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 05:12 AM)NL Atheist Wrote:  Being a normal guy with normal, loving parents and a normal, loving family I can't imagine what it's like being treated so badly by your the people you're supposed to trust. I can only imagine it's very hard.

I can only give you lots of cyber-hugs Hug

I have a fantastically loving family. (I would never want to be normal though, fuck that boring shit. Smile )

Just because something bad happens to someone it does not shape their whole being and does not mean they dont have a fantastic family.

Oh, no don't get me wrong, nothing like that was implied. I was just trying to express the fact that I've never been in a situation like that, and I did so in a slightly more artistic way than maybe necessary.

[Image: godtroll.php]
[+] 1 user Likes NL Atheist's post
07-07-2013, 11:28 AM
MSBB and Dom - I wish there was something I could do to make this go away. Please don't let this keep you away from here. We need you both! If you ever need to vent feel free to vent on me. We can't let them win.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-07-2013, 11:29 AM
(07-07-2013 11:27 AM)NL Atheist Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 11:06 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a fantastically loving family. (I would never want to be normal though, fuck that boring shit. Smile )

Oh, no don't get me wrong, nothing like that was implied. I was just trying to express the fact that I've never been in a situation like that, and I did so in a slightly more artistic way than maybe necessary.

Cool beans. And I'm glad you havent had those problems.*HUGS*

The Out Crowd.
07-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Blaugh. Disgusting

The Out Crowd.
07-07-2013, 11:35 AM
(07-07-2013 11:30 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Blaugh. Disgusting

What is?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2013, 11:42 AM
(07-07-2013 11:28 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  MSBB and Dom - I wish there was something I could do to make this go away. Please don't let this keep you away from here. We need you both! If you ever need to vent feel free to vent on me. We can't let them win.

Thanks. I am not planning on leaving, and if I do it won't be because my feelings are hurt, it will be because I disagree with the basic philosophy of the forum. Which I don't, but I do think that it is not being run in a humane fashion. Free speech and treating members in a humane fashion are not mutually exclusive.

And boy, I have been on a venting spree here. Smile

I just hope mom is still ok, and I worry about the others who fled this place in haste trying to avoid further injury. I hope they got out in time, and if not, I hope they come back so we can help them deal with it.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
07-07-2013, 11:45 AM
(07-07-2013 11:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 11:30 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Blaugh. Disgusting

What is?

Sent you a PM

The Out Crowd.
07-07-2013, 11:50 AM
(07-07-2013 11:45 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 11:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  What is?

Sent you a PM

K. Not everything feels good to say in public. Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post