Breatharians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Breatharians
I've seen some stupid conspiracy theories but this one takes the cake. Breatharians - people who believe you can live off 'the cosmic energy of the universe' and don't need food or drink. I'd think, if they were sincere about their beliefs, this would be a very, VERY small group of people.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
13-07-2017, 12:42 AM
RE: Breatharians
Breatharians - people who believe you can live off 'the cosmic energy of the universe' and don't need food or drink.

Shouldn't breatharians be defined as - people who managed to convince some idiots that they don't need food or drink?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
13-07-2017, 02:44 AM
I cant watch that "busted" video now, but I'm assuming they have been caught eating?

It's genuinely amazing to me that they've convinced some people that you won't eventually die, by not eating/drinking.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
13-07-2017, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I've heard about this. Scary as shit.

In my opinion, there are two types of Breatharians: liars seeking attention; and genuinely deluded people who have convinced themselves they are not eating/drinking.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
13-07-2017, 04:52 AM
Their imaginary system is actually a design I would expect to see if there was a creator. Why ingest organic matter to survive when you could live off of sunlight or radiation?

It's a far more efficient and reliable means of sustenance.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-07-2017, 05:02 AM
(13-07-2017 04:52 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Their imaginary system is actually a design I would expect to see if there was a creator. Why ingest organic matter to survive when you could live off of sunlight or radiation?

It's a far more efficient and reliable means of sustenance.

Absolutely.

Why need anything, in fact? Apart from the ridiculous notion that it wants things to die so they can move on to the next arbitrary place, why have death at all?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
13-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Supposedly they are able to take in sustenance by deeply breathing.....

Move to Bejing motherfucker... The air there is thick with enough smog to qualify as a smorgasbord.......

Blink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-07-2017, 07:02 AM
(13-07-2017 12:42 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Breatharians - people who believe you can live off 'the cosmic energy of the universe' and don't need food or drink.

Shouldn't breatharians be defined as - people who managed to convince some idiots that they don't need food or drink?

> I'm surprised that Penn & Teller never did a Bulls*#t episode on these phonies. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
13-07-2017, 07:04 AM
(13-07-2017 07:02 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 12:42 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Breatharians - people who believe you can live off 'the cosmic energy of the universe' and don't need food or drink.

> I'm surprised that Penn & Teller never did a Bulls*#t episode on these phonies. Consider

It's not like idiocy like this needs debunking. Or at least I hope so.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
13-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Facepalm

INEDIA (breatharianism)

"I tried breatharianism once, except I thought it was called anorexia." —Oshinn Cerra

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post