Breatharians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 09:30 AM
RE: Breatharians
I wonder if they use Breathe Right strips to take in more calories? Consider Tongue

[Image: breathe%20right_08132010121752.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like jennybee's post
13-07-2017, 09:33 AM
So does that make snoring " playing with your food"???

Consider

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 7 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-07-2017, 01:55 PM
(13-07-2017 07:02 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 12:42 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Breatharians - people who believe you can live off 'the cosmic energy of the universe' and don't need food or drink.

Shouldn't breatharians be defined as - people who managed to convince some idiots that they don't need food or drink?

> I'm surprised that Penn & Teller never did a Bulls*#t episode on these phonies. Consider

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
14-07-2017, 03:01 PM
It would be fun to offer these charlatans big money to spend a hundred days in a plush, highly supervised quarantine, just to see how many hours they would go before breaking down and begging for a cheeseburger.......

We could take bets on when the fuckers would fold.....

I'm betting McDonalds or KFC would sponsor it..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-07-2017, 03:58 PM
>.> There's a small part of me (maybe a large part of me) that says if people wanna fucking starve to death like idiots, well then more food for me..... (cough)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like JesseB's post
14-07-2017, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2017 04:27 PM by JesseB.)
>.> I'd just like to say, I got a bowl of roasted lightly salted pumpkin seeds in front of me? Anyone who doesn't taste this shit is out of their fucking minds. Air never fucking tasted THIS good NOM NOM NOM NOM

Edit^ on a more serious note, I can go 4 days without food without looking like I'm gonna die like the girl in Dr H's video. In fact I can go a lot longer than 4 days though eventually I'll get kinda murderous and find some way or something to eat.... I have before far more times than I'd like to remember. But that's never been by choice. Poor people in Murica deserve to starve, or so everyone seems to think.

What I can't do is go 3 days without fucking water. THAT MINDLESS CUNT WENT 4 DAYS WITHOUT WATER!!!???!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT SHE WAS AT DEATHS DOOR WHEN THEY RECORDED THAT!

She didn't get a choice the instant they were done recording she was put on an IV or she'd have died before the 5th day most likely. What they should have done was filmed THAT too and her recovery because those black eye's n shit would go away real fucking quick once she's got an IV in her and her body stops cannibalizing itself to survive. Though building back up her muscle mass would take months, in fact some of the damage from that kinda extreme experience might never go away fully.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
14-07-2017, 09:23 PM
(14-07-2017 01:55 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 07:02 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I'm surprised that Penn & Teller never did a Bulls*#t episode on these phonies. Consider

To be fair, a lot of shit people eat is on a regular basis is linked to deaths as well. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
15-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Breatharians, the con-men only able to con the gullible and delusional. There isn't a single living organism on earth that is able to subsist on nothing. The human body needs calories in order to function, water to stay hydrated. Even microbes need to eat. This is the kind of thing that is so laughable that bringing it should cause people to laugh themselves to death. And yet that doesn't happen. What happens is that there are people who believe this; people who have clearly never heard of or watched or read anything by James Randi. It's absurd. And if it was possible to subsist on air alone, these Breatharians are monsters for not going to countries suffering from famine and drought and teaching those people how to survive. I haven't even watched the video in the OP because I think it's entirely unnecessary. Anyone with an elementary understanding of the human body should be able to dissect and destroy the lies these people perpetuate.
[+] 2 users Like RedgraveStorm's post
15-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Around thirty years or so ago there was a 'thing' called air plants. You didn't need to water them, they didn't need sunshine, no fertilizer, nutrients, nothing---just hang 'em on your wall in a pot and ignore them. Since I've always had terrible luck with inside plants someone gave me an air plant. It died. We were heavy smokers back then.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
15-07-2017, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2017 03:20 PM by JesseB.)
(15-07-2017 01:16 PM)RedgraveStorm Wrote:  Breatharians, the con-men only able to con the gullible and delusional. There isn't a single living organism on earth that is able to subsist on nothing. The human body needs calories in order to function, water to stay hydrated. Even microbes need to eat. This is the kind of thing that is so laughable that bringing it should cause people to laugh themselves to death. And yet that doesn't happen. What happens is that there are people who believe this; people who have clearly never heard of or watched or read anything by James Randi. It's absurd. And if it was possible to subsist on air alone, these Breatharians are monsters for not going to countries suffering from famine and drought and teaching those people how to survive. I haven't even watched the video in the OP because I think it's entirely unnecessary. Anyone with an elementary understanding of the human body should be able to dissect and destroy the lies these people perpetuate.

Well..... I mean yea you're mostly made up of water but that's not the biggest reason you need to consume water. Those Calories you mention are burned through a chemical process that requires water. So you need both food and water for energy, if you don't consume water it'll take it from your body which will eventually leave your organs without enough to survive, and once you loose an organ it is kinda a cascade failure. Once you hit that point you're already dead.

The Dr in Dr H's video said in as professional a way as she could "You fucking let this chick go without food and water any longer than she already has and you'll be culpable for murdering her." That woman DID eat and drink after that episode was aired because if not she would be dead now. So you're totally right it's just there's more to drinking than just hydration.

Edit^ I spent a year making Acetylene gas for Air Liquide, mix Water with Calcium Carbonate and you'll get lime, water, and Acetylene gas (along with a mixture of other gasses in lesser quantity). It's the same with eating. Water is the active ingredient if you will. When I was a kid I used to make Acetylene bombs >.> Put a trash bag or sandwich bag and fill it with a mix of Oxygen and Acetylene gas tape it up good with something sticking out serving as a wick light and run...... Lets just say it was a dumb as fuck thing to do so no one try it. I had an uncle, he died like a few weeks ago. He was a demolitions expert, I was around some other's as well.... they were apparently a bad influence on me lol

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post