Breatharians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 02:10 PM
RE: Breatharians
(14-07-2017 04:21 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Edit^ on a more serious note, I can go 4 days without food without looking like I'm gonna die like the girl in Dr H's video. In fact I can go a lot longer than 4 days though eventually I'll get kinda murderous and find some way or something to eat.... I have before far more times than I'd like to remember. But that's never been by choice. Poor people in Murica deserve to starve, or so everyone seems to think.

What I can't do is go 3 days without fucking water. THAT MINDLESS CUNT WENT 4 DAYS WITHOUT WATER!!!???!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT SHE WAS AT DEATHS DOOR WHEN THEY RECORDED THAT!

Yep. I've gone 3 or 4 days without food a number of times. I do it basically for mental discipline when I'm starting a new workout cycle. But I always have plenty of water, and I've never deliberately planned to extend it beyond a couple of days. At first you burn fat, but if you reach the point of burning lean tissue you're doing harm, not good.

During the 1981 IRA hunger strike, some of the strikers made it as long as 70 days or so without food. But that was with plenty of water, and after 30-40 days most of them weren't moving around much. Ten of them died, some after just over 40 days. The idea that anyone can live for 100 days without food or water is a delusion of grand proportion.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
17-07-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Breatharians
(15-07-2017 01:16 PM)RedgraveStorm Wrote:  Breatharians, the con-men only able to con the gullible and delusional. There isn't a single living organism on earth that is able to subsist on nothing. The human body needs calories in order to function, water to stay hydrated. Even microbes need to eat. This is the kind of thing that is so laughable that bringing it should cause people to laugh themselves to death. And yet that doesn't happen. What happens is that there are people who believe this; people who have clearly never heard of or watched or read anything by James Randi. It's absurd. And if it was possible to subsist on air alone, these Breatharians are monsters for not going to countries suffering from famine and drought and teaching those people how to survive. I haven't even watched the video in the OP because I think it's entirely unnecessary. Anyone with an elementary understanding of the human body should be able to dissect and destroy the lies these people perpetuate.
Some of the really gullible have died trying to do it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...alone.html

http://www.caic.org.au/miscult/breathari...20cult.htm

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply