Brexit In Court

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2016, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2016 09:24 AM by DLJ.)
Brexit In Court
Anti-Brexiters have taken the UK giver to court and won an application compelling the government to disclose its reasons for thinking it can leave Europe without consulting Parliament and can strip people of rights they have by virtue of being European citizens.
http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/anti-bre...53.article

This is part of a series of problems with Brexit. The process should have begun with public consultation and then a choice in the referendum which gave people a real choice of possible options, not just in or out. Each option should have been out in terms of whether it was possible. It is not possible, for instance to be in a single market without free movement of people so no one should have been misled into thinking a leave vote could allow the UK to be in the single market but restrict immigration.

All the negotiation is going to have to take place after Brexit is triggered and the negotiators have no guidance from the people through either the referendum or parliament as to what they are negotiating for. As it stands the only certainty of triggering Article 50 is that the UK would be out of the single market with no treaty possible due to a view that there can be no free movement of people.

Then they would be left poking silky and speculating on what the public vote meant. The problem is in the way this was set up and there is no way out of it for the government. They are wading into an ever-deepening swamp. The water is about to go over their boots. Next it will be up to their wastes and theme they will fall over, tangled in weeds which will suck them down and drown them.

I can't wait to see it unfold in all it's inevitable and ghastly horror.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Brevity in court
This thread should read Brexit in court but my Kindle Fire has an awful predictive text function which I thought I had disarmed.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
29-09-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Brexit In Court
(29-09-2016 09:23 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  This thread should read Brexit in court but my Kindle Fire has an awful predictive text function which I thought I had disarmed.

Brexit is the soul of wit.

I changed it for you.

Big Grin

29-09-2016, 09:26 AM
(29-09-2016 09:02 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I can't wait to see it unfold in all it's inevitable and ghastly horror.

That seems unnecessarily callous.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-09-2016, 09:41 AM
(29-09-2016 09:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 09:02 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I can't wait to see it unfold in all it's inevitable and ghastly horror.

That seems unnecessarily callous.

I think I see DB's pov, the more worms come out of the can the more political shenanigans get exposed, the better chance of a change to a fairer form of government.

You face something with a different trigger but then possibility of a different outcome in America. I your political system does not change, for the better, after this farce of an election campaign - there is little hope of sanity.

In the UK successive governments have treated the people like idiots. Now there is the Internet and a,lied tech to find the hidden stuff and more lawyers willing to support cases against the government there are fewer places they can hide the worms.

Yup, give them all the shit they deserve, make them squirm, make them back down! The indications are that many of the exiters now feel they were never given tbe full, honest, facts, that another referendum would reverse the vote in a hig way.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
29-09-2016, 07:06 PM
We're going to be leaving the EU whether they like it or not.
[+] 2 users Like Lucipurr's post
30-09-2016, 12:02 PM
(29-09-2016 09:02 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  This is part of a series of problems with Brexit. The process should have begun with public consultation and then a choice in the referendum which gave people a real choice of possible options, not just in or out.

Like half in and half out ?
They had all sorts of "public consultation".
They did the stupid thing. Now they get to pay the price.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Living in Australia—which some maternalistic Poms still think of as one of "their" colonies—I don't really give a flying fuck whatever they do or don't do re Brexit.

Britannia hasn't ruled the waves for more than a century. She's mere flotsam now. And when dear old Betty pops her clogs soon, I'm guessing Britannia will finally sink without trace.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
30-09-2016, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2016 05:19 PM by Lucipurr.)
(30-09-2016 01:02 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Living in Australia—which some maternalistic Poms still think of as one of "their" colonies—I don't really give a flying fuck whatever they do or don't do re Brexit.

Britannia hasn't ruled the waves for more than a century. She's mere flotsam now. And when dear old Betty pops her clogs soon, I'm guessing Britannia will finally sink without trace.

No, we haven't ruled the waves for a while now but what exactly have you aussies done? Quite frankly, we don't give a shit what you people do either.

You can bet your arse that we're going ahead with Brexit, we won the referendum and a bunch of retarded lefties protesting with EU flags isn't going to change jackshit.

And we're going to make a success of it.
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
01-10-2016, 08:21 AM
(30-09-2016 05:13 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  And we're going to make a success of it.

Well, best of luck, because the EU will do their best to make an example out of you.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post