Brexit In Court

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Brexit In Court
(02-10-2016 08:15 AM)Gert Heide Wrote:  ...
and what makes it impossible to create a United States of Europe in the twenty-first century.

Which is a pity because events will overtake them.

Industrie 4.0 (a term coined by the Germans, ironically) will change they way humans interact with an impact on the scale of the Agricultural Revolution, the printing press and the original Industrial Revolution.

Nations / states / provinces etc. will become increasingly irrelevant as regulators and increasing more powerful as investors.

The bigger shareholders will hold the power (as ever) so smaller (poorer) nations must act fast to reach trade agreements to increase their influence e.g. Singapore, NZ, Brunei and Chile expanding their existing deal to build the TPP. Failure to do so will mean ... damn! I wish I knew how to say more that "hello" and "I love you" in Mandarin.

The next couple of decades ... interesting times.

Skynet, anyone?

Weeping

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-10-2016, 09:22 AM
I never fail to be amazed at the contrast between how much Australians imagine people in Britain think about Australia and how little people in Britain ever give the place so much as a second thought. A sign of over-inflated egos down under? Any thoughts?
02-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Smaller nations, as you say, will have to cooperate and form trading blocs and sign agreements in a world where power is so cynically, incompetently and criminally abused by corporations. This is a world apart from arguing that trading blocs and parties to multi-lateral treaties have to proceed from these steps to signing away their political sovereignty and forming the sort political federation that the EU's most rabid fans more or less admit to being their goal. It's not only trading blocs and free trade organisations that need to act to restore the balance between corporations and people. The moral burden should also direct the policies of pro-actively and responsibly governed nation states. Of course, many states have governments that sadly believe that engagement in their people's economic welfare 'upsets business', and is to be avoided. The Milquetoast Theory of Politics.

The world has numerous free trade organisations. There is not a single example of any of them in which nation states want to kiss good-bye to their independence and swap it for, say, the patronising colonialism which the EU's great and good [by which, of course, I mean the governments of France and Germany only] employ to sort out problems caused by the pygmies and peasants who've been fooled into believing they're equal partners around the table at Brussels.
[+] 1 user Likes Gert Heide's post
02-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Us Brits were sold a lie. We left upon false promises that leaving would inject 300 million plus into the NHS and that immigration levels would come down.

That is of course following on from the original lie in the 70's when britain was asked to join the common market. People voted for that. They never voted for the European parliament, or the EU flag and national anthem.

Thats why the majority of out voters (the older generations) wanted to leave as they were the first ones who remember voting for a trade deal and ended up with multicultarilism that they had no say in, nor that they wanted. The younger generations wanted to stay as they knew nothing and BOTH sides were sold fear and lies.

The older generation were sold that immigration levels would come down and that the money saved would be spent on essential services. The younger generation were sold that travel would become harder and that britain would collapse economically overnight. All of the above is bullshit.

Its caused great divide between people, strong opinions on both sides that are even manifesting in this thread right now. It was never about "you or me", its part of the bigger picture of the death of capitalism. Its a breaking up of the old systems, caus their fucked, their dying, their spent. It's the systems going into self preservation mode.

People can say that "the UK will be made an example of".... Yeah? Go and look at the current state of italy, france and spains banking industry! Go and have a read of how 'well' Deutsche Bank, the keystone of Europes economy is doing and tell me how anyone is going to make an example out of anyone else right now?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
02-10-2016, 09:46 AM
The news say that article 50 will be triggered by the end of March 2017 at the latest. Well, that's what Theresa May declared anyway.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]