Bribery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Bribery
My mother has asked me to go to church this year in exchange she'll buy all of audiobooks I want for Christmas I'm not sure whether or not I should me offended by her trying to bribe me into Christianity. What do you guys think?Personally I am mostly just shocked and a little disgusted.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 08:51 PM
RE: Bribery
Sounds like she doesn't require you to claim to be a Christian in order to get the audiobooks, just to go to church, do I understand correctly? If that is the case, and you're willing to sit through the church services in exchange for the books, I see no issue. It's not like you're going to be converted, or 'see the light'. Might prove to her that that sort of thing isn't going to work, and you are who you are.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
30-11-2013, 08:59 PM
(30-11-2013 08:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  It's not like you're going to be converted, or 'see the light'.

[Image: ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
30-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Sounds like easy 'free' audiobooks to me.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
30-11-2013, 10:24 PM
(30-11-2013 08:47 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  she'll buy all of audiobooks I want

So go, and then have her buy you a bunch of books of atheism and evolution.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 12 users Like Ohio Sky's post
01-12-2013, 12:48 AM
(30-11-2013 08:47 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  My mother has asked me to go to church this year in exchange she'll buy all of audiobooks I want for Christmas I'm not sure whether or not I should me offended by her trying to bribe me into Christianity. What do you guys think?Personally I am mostly just shocked and a little disgusted.

Why does she wants you to go?
Does she want to convert you?
Is she embarrassed if you do not go because of Christian family and friends?
Go to Church this year, means once or every week?
01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
(30-11-2013 10:24 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 08:47 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  she'll buy all of audiobooks I want

So go, and then have her buy you a bunch of books of atheism and evolution.

IRONY

IT IS SO PAINFUL

Shy
01-12-2013, 03:10 AM
I can understand being offended, as if your beliefs can be bought off, but if you look at it from her perspective she is likely trying to save your soul from eternal damnation. It's a desperate move for her. Do whatever you feel. Personally, I would not go. It may set a precedent which I would not be willing to set.

However....OS has a pretty good idea as well.

01-12-2013, 06:22 AM
I would agree if she also agreed to let you also have a seeing eye dog. It will change your world and make you so much more self assured, safe and independent. If I would accept bribery, I would ask for more, and a dog is in your case the best thing you can possibly get.

Also, how old are you? It matters in that you will be setting a precedence for future years...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-12-2013, 01:50 PM
(01-12-2013 06:22 AM)Dom Wrote:  I would agree if she also agreed to let you also have a seeing eye dog. It will change your world and make you so much more self assured, safe and independent. If I would accept bribery, I would ask for more, and a dog is in your case the best thing you can possibly get.

Also, how old are you? It matters in that you will be setting a precedence for future years...

I'm 21
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user