Bribery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2013, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 02:04 PM by BrokenQuill92.)
RE: Bribery
(01-12-2013 12:48 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 08:47 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  My mother has asked me to go to church this year in exchange she'll buy all of audiobooks I want for Christmas I'm not sure whether or not I should me offended by her trying to bribe me into Christianity. What do you guys think?Personally I am mostly just shocked and a little disgusted.

Why does she wants you to go?
Does she want to convert you?
Is she embarrassed if you do not go because of Christian family and friends?
Go to Church this year, means once or every week?

She wants me to go because she thinks she can reconvert me, then by some miracle that will make see again. And yes she is embarrassed that I dont go, but think she's more embarrassed at me not seeing and not attending church somehow she's linked the two things together. My problem is I know what will happen if I go. One she will think she's won. Two people will try to pull that faith healing crap (without my permission) grabbing me and such like. I REALLY don't like being touched without permission, and when I'm in a church somehow it always turns into "Grab the Blind Girl and Heal Her Day". One of my short comings is being unable to protest such action (it's always so sudden and I'm either too shocked to stop someone or just afraid of being rude and labeled as an "Angry Cripple")
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 02:04 PM
About your being able to see again - are you actively keeping track of all new findings regarding sight?

I would not be at all surprised if new developments would pop up that would make this possible. Advances are being made constantly. Have you explored transplants?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
01-12-2013, 02:10 PM
(01-12-2013 02:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  About your being able to see again - are you actively keeping track of all new findings regarding sight?

I would not be at all surprised if new developments would pop up that would make this possible. Advances are being made constantly. Have you explored transplants?

Yes I do the latest in coming from Russia is bionic nerve replacement, I asked Doctor Este about it last month but he said I have to have enough live responsive nerves and I dont. Not to mention the operation is a 50/50 toss up if it's successful fine, but if not I would lose the light perception I have.
01-12-2013, 02:18 PM
(01-12-2013 02:10 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 02:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  About your being able to see again - are you actively keeping track of all new findings regarding sight?

Yes I do the latest in coming from Russia is bionic nerve replacement, I asked Doctor Este about it last month but he said I have to have enough live responsive nerves and I dont. Not to mention the operation is a 50/50 toss up if it's successful fine, but if not I would lose the light perception I have.

Well, that doesn't sound like a good gamble at all. I am glad though that you are actively looking. People give up, and things change constantly...

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
(01-12-2013 02:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 02:10 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Yes I do the latest in coming from Russia is bionic nerve replacement, I asked Doctor Este about it last month but he said I have to have enough live responsive nerves and I dont. Not to mention the operation is a 50/50 toss up if it's successful fine, but if not I would lose the light perception I have.

Well, that doesn't sound like a good gamble at all. I am glad though that you are actively looking. People give up, and things change constantly...

It's not like that, some people just accept theyre blind and adjust, thinking its too much of a risk to have surgery.
01-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I suppose it also has to do with how much you have to lose - whether there is any light perception left and how much. And yes, I guess one adjusts. To me, it's scary.

01-12-2013, 04:22 PM
If I was you BQ I would go to a faith healer if only to expose them, and maybe play a little pocket pascal Smile

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
01-12-2013, 08:33 PM
(01-12-2013 04:22 PM)sporehux Wrote:  If I was you BQ I would go to a faith healer if only to expose them, and maybe play a little pocket pascal Smile

ORRR, say you prayed to Satan and got your blindness healed. Went to church, Satan took it away again Evil_monster She might not ask you to go to church again.