Bricks have and will continue to be shat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Bricks have and will continue to be shat
Played some Destiny alpha last couple days (it ended today).

It basically went like this: Gasp + Big Grin + Shocking + Drooling + a half a teaspoon of Bowing

Off my tits pumped for this. Looking like a combination of Borderlands + mmorpg elements single player and Halo + battlefield multiplayer.

The single player had three types. There was explore, which is just like Borderlands, plus you can do mini-quests and shit scattered around. Big events and stuff can happen too, like my flatmate was playing and a big walker thing event fired and a big ship flew in and dropped a giant walker thing with a huge cannon on its back that destroyed my flatmate. There was other people running around too.
There's the story mode thing which is story missions.
And dungeon like things where you team up with two other people and go through a linear zone killing monsters with a couple big bosses.

The multiplayer was just one game type (it was alpha, and there are others, they just weren't playable). The vehicles seemed very balanced, you could be on foot and have a fighting chance for example. The fusion rifle (or pulse rifle, whatever it was called, it's a secondardy) was pretty fucking OP, which was fine with us because we seemed to be the only ones that had it ><. The snipers seem good and require a headshot to one hit kill. The shotguns are decent but only at close range. Can't snipe with assault rifles (yay!), they're pretty useless beyond a certain point. Grenades feel balanced and can't be spammed (they're on a cooldown). I'm not sure how I feel about each classes power move thing, maybe delay the time it takes to do it. The maps were meh. The matchmaking was very nice. It was a lot of fun, it looks like it would be a very good multiplayer game on it's own (without the added bonus of the great singleplayer).

The game looks beautiful by the way.

I don't know why people aren't more pumped for this, it looks like it'd be one of if not thee best fps game ever.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2014, 04:17 AM
RE: Bricks have and will continue to be shat
(17-06-2014 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Played some Destiny alpha last couple days (it ended today).

It basically went like this: Gasp + Big Grin + Shocking + Drooling + a half a teaspoon of Bowing

Off my tits pumped for this. Looking like a combination of Borderlands + mmorpg elements single player and Halo + battlefield multiplayer.

The single player had three types. There was explore, which is just like Borderlands, plus you can do mini-quests and shit scattered around. Big events and stuff can happen too, like my flatmate was playing and a big walker thing event fired and a big ship flew in and dropped a giant walker thing with a huge cannon on its back that destroyed my flatmate. There was other people running around too.
And dungeon like things where you team up with two other people and go through a linear zone killing monsters with a couple big bosses.

The multiplayer was just one game type (it was alpha, and there are others, they just weren't playable). The vehicles seemed very balanced, you could be on foot and have a fighting chance for example. The fusion rifle (or pulse rifle, whatever it was called, it's a secondardy) was pretty fucking OP, which was fine with us because we seemed to be the only ones that had it ><. The snipers seem good and require a headshot to one hit kill. The shotguns are decent but only at close range. Can't snipe with assault rifles (yay!), they're pretty useless beyond a certain point. Grenades feel balanced and can't be spammed (they're on a cooldown). I'm not sure how I feel about each classes power move thing, maybe delay the time it takes to do it. The maps were meh. The matchmaking was very nice. It was a lot of fun, it looks like it would be a very good multiplayer game on it's own (without the added bonus of the great singleplayer).

I don't know why people aren't more pumped for this, it looks like it'd be one of if not thee best fps game ever.

Give us some gameplay footage muffs.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-06-2014, 04:26 AM
I think your thread title would be greatly improved with the addition of some punctuation. Consider

"Bricks have, and will continue to be, shat"

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
17-06-2014, 06:15 AM
(17-06-2014 04:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I think your thread title would be greatly improved with the addition of some punctuation. Consider

I did actually think of that, I spent a little while thinking it through (not what punctuation to use but if to use it or not) and decided not to go for the punctuation because that's what the grammar nazi's would want (me to use it).

I was not let down.

(17-06-2014 04:17 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Played some Destiny alpha last couple days (it ended today).

Give us some gameplay footage muffs.

It's my flatmates ps4 (twas only on ps4 and I have an xboner, not a ps4) and we didn't record anything.
Youtube is a thing though I hear.

17-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Is this a PS4 exclusive?

Never mind, it's Destiny. Yeah I have a few friends who with for Bungie. Can't wait for the game.

Atir aissom atir imon
17-06-2014, 08:46 AM
The alpha was ps4 exclusive. The actual game is on everything. xboner, ps4, 360, ps3, n64, gbc, everything.

17-06-2014, 10:54 AM
(17-06-2014 06:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 04:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I think your thread title would be greatly improved with the addition of some punctuation. Consider

I did actually think of that, I spent a little while thinking it through (not what punctuation to use but if to use it or not) and decided not to go for the punctuation because that's what the grammar nazi's would want (me to use it).

I was not let down.

Well, would you like your Grammar Court summons now or later? Consider

18-06-2014, 07:26 AM
(17-06-2014 08:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The alpha was ps4 exclusive. The actual game is on everything. xboner, ps4, 360, ps3, n64, gbc, everything.

Yeah I skimmed through your OP and missed the word "Destiny" and just saw "Alpha", so I thought it was another game.

I was getting mixed reviews on it, people either love it or hate it so far, at least to my knowledge. Though I will probably end up getting this along with Dying Light (definitely worth checking out if you like post-apocalyptic/zombie type games).

Atir aissom atir imon
18-06-2014, 07:49 PM
(17-06-2014 10:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 06:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I did actually think of that, I spent a little while thinking it through (not what punctuation to use but if to use it or not) and decided not to go for the punctuation because that's what the grammar nazi's would want (me to use it).

I was not let down.

Well, would you like your Grammar Court summons now or later? Consider

Ummmm, I better go for now, get it over and done with.

Quote:Yeah I skimmed through your OP and missed the word "Destiny" and just saw "Alpha", so I thought it was another game.

I was getting mixed reviews on it, people either love it or hate it so far, at least to my knowledge. Though I will probably end up getting this along with Dying Light (definitely worth checking out if you like post-apocalyptic/zombie type games).

People that don't like it are cunts.

And I'll check it out.

18-06-2014, 11:07 PM
(18-06-2014 07:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 10:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, would you like your Grammar Court summons now or later? Consider

Ummmm, I better go for now, get it over and done with.

Well, fortunately for you Kiwis don't have an extradition treaty set up for Grammar Court, so here's a cat instead.

[Image: grammar+nazi+cat.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post