Briefly: WHY ARE ATHEISTS CONCERNED ABOUT RELIGION?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2014, 06:29 AM
Briefly: WHY ARE ATHEISTS CONCERNED ABOUT RELIGION?
It is very often wondered why atheists even think about religion. Why do atheists care about religion if they aren't religious, why can't they just leave the religious alone and let people believe what they want? Continue....

WHY ARE ATHEISTS CONCERNED ABOUT RELIGION?

Your thoughts?

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression.
-- Thomas Paine,
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Forthright Atheist's post
25-05-2014, 06:37 AM
RE: Briefly: WHY ARE ATHEISTS CONCERNED ABOUT RELIGION?
Next best thing after "Why are you so angry at God?".

Then no matter what you say, they fill you up with No True Scotsmans and you know the conversation is over.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 10 users Like undergroundp's post
25-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Why do people always mix religion and atheism? They are not mutually exclusive.
There are plenty of religious atheists, Buddhists for example or Jainists.

Atheism is about a lack of believe in a god
Religion is a set of rules about how to worship something supernatural.
[+] 2 users Like RogueWarrior's post
25-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Dude, you just got here and now you're asking us to critique your blog?

I for one have the attention span of ... SQUIRREL!

Gimme the cut down version.

Cheers.

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
25-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Bosnia, Belgrade, Bangladesh, Botswana, Beijing, Beirut, Basra, Baghdad

Shall I continue with the letter C ?

Religious fighting and indoctrination perpetuates ignorance and glorifies the deaths of its followers.
Like the Spanish Flu of 1918, if we don't stop the spread of this virus of delusion it will stay with us and continue to have violent outbreaks all over the world.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 7 users Like Rahn127's post
25-05-2014, 08:08 AM
(25-05-2014 06:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Dude, you just got here and now you're asking us to critique your blog?

I for one have the attention span of ... SQUIRREL!

Gimme the cut down version.

Cheers.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - NO.

I posted to see your thoughts. The article was just an 'add-on'.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression.
-- Thomas Paine,
[+] 1 user Likes Forthright Atheist's post
25-05-2014, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2014 08:39 AM by Anjele.)
Here in America one of the biggest concerns is how religion is getting woven into laws. Religion is being used to keep basic human rights from people. Many atheists also have to deal with hiding their atheism to keep their jobs and to not be ostracized in their communities, schools, and families. In ways, big and small, religion is force fed to those who aren't religious. There is also the issue of the vast amount of taxes that aren't collected due to religious institutions being exempt.

Others have mentioned wars and other atrocities that are religion based.

We need to be concerned.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 10 users Like Anjele's post
25-05-2014, 08:16 AM
A better question is why are religious people concerned about Atheist? I mean think about it. Let's say I am one of those Kent Hovind creationist and I make an atheist not accept evolution, cosmology, or science in general anymore and make him think there might be some god. However after a week he comes back as a Muslim because he met on of those Zakir Naik creationist and he was more convincing. If anything religious people should take down rival religions first then turn in our direction for debunking.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 8 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
25-05-2014, 08:16 AM
(25-05-2014 08:06 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Bosnia, Belgrade, Bangladesh, Botswana, Beijing, Beirut, Basra, Baghdad

Shall I continue with the letter C ?

Religious fighting and indoctrination perpetuates ignorance and glorifies the deaths of its followers.
Like the Spanish Flu of 1918, if we don't stop the spread of this virus of delusion it will stay with us and continue to have violent outbreaks all over the world.
You forgot the letter A.
Alabama?lol
I often compare the spread of religion to the zombie apocalypse.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
25-05-2014, 08:32 AM
(25-05-2014 06:29 AM)Forthright Atheist Wrote:  It is very often wondered why atheists even think about religion. Why do atheists care about religion if they aren't religious, why can't they just leave the religious alone and let people believe what they want? Continue....

WHY ARE ATHEISTS CONCERNED ABOUT RELIGION?

Your thoughts?

Because idiots brainwash children into denying scientific facts and those children grow up to do the same to their own. Before you know it you have the most advanced nation in the world filled with scientifically illiterate idiots that thinks you can put two of every animal on the planet in a boat.
Beyond that I personally find religion a very interesting topic. Kinda like how my wife finds serial killers interesting.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post