nice little video.

http://www.astronomy.com/en/News-Observi...0Moon.aspx

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
20-05-2013, 02:58 PM
RE: Bright explosion on moon
Wow - that was a big one. It would really be cool if we could send a human or at least a robot, to check it out. Oh well, it's going to be great when they get around to photograph the impact crater. Nice vid. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-05-2013, 03:31 PM
That's what happens when aliens drink and drive.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 5 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
20-05-2013, 08:20 PM
That reminds me...

Ever hear of a little thing called, Project A119?
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
27-05-2013, 05:30 AM
Awesome.

Both links in this thread are awesome.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2013, 08:04 AM
The moon has been and will always remain one of my favorite astronomy targets. I did a video for my YouTube channel March 21, 2013 featuring Mare Ibrium and Mons Hadley, the location of this meteor impact (and landing spot of Apollo 15), with no knowledge of the impact at the time.

My telescope is slightly smaller than the telescope used by the monitoring program (they use a 14", I use an 11"), but you can still see almost as much detail because the moon is relatively close at a mere 240,000mi away.

My goal is to capture an impact like this both on the moon and eventually on Jupiter as well. I suspect impacts on both bodies are far more common than we realize.

Front Yard Astronomy Blog / YouTube

“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church.”
-Ferdinand Magellan
[+] 1 user Likes FYAstronomy's post