Bring It On!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
12-08-2017, 04:09 AM
Bring It On!
Malaysia's atheists fearful following calls by a minister to ‘track them down’

Unsure

Quote:On Tuesday (Aug 8), Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Shahidan Kassim said the government should track down atheists. “I suggest we track them down and identify each of them. After that, we have to bring them back to the right path,” he said. This is a religious country. We have Islam, we have other religions - Christianity, Buddhism, Confucianism and Hinduism - there is no one without a religion."

Wanna bet?

Blush

Bring it, the fuck, on!

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like DLJ's post
12-08-2017, 04:15 AM
RE: Bring It On!
Wonder what they will think next? Yellow fish of Darwin so atheist scum can't pass for righteous citizens?

Fucking fascists.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
12-08-2017, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 05:26 AM by sea_tiger.)
(12-08-2017 04:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Malaysia's atheists fearful following calls by a minister to ‘track them down’

Unsure

Quote:On Tuesday (Aug 8), Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Shahidan Kassim said the government should track down atheists. “I suggest we track them down and identify each of them. After that, we have to bring them back to the right path,” he said. This is a religious country. We have Islam, we have other religions - Christianity, Buddhism, Confucianism and Hinduism - there is no one without a religion."

Wanna bet?

Blush

Bring it, the fuck, on!

Drinking Beverage

I don't know about the sociopolitical environment there.You know it better.
They are not going to act on it or something along those lines.Right???Unsure
That would be half-witted.
[+] 2 users Like sea_tiger's post
12-08-2017, 06:40 AM
(12-08-2017 04:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Malaysia's atheists fearful following calls by a minister to ‘track them down’

Unsure

Wanna bet?

Blush

Bring it, the fuck, on!

Drinking Beverage
Lazy spiritual leaders with no fresh ideas looking for something provocative and attention-getting to spout, have said things like this since forever. Mostly it is their fantasy of an ideal world, not too well thought out, and in most countries there's zero chance of this actually being legal or overlooked. Most. Not all. I suspect it's becoming more common, though.

I well remember various individuals in the pulpit railing in this way against imagined enemies and the forces of evil. At the time I didn't think of it as the hate speech that it is. It was that normal and accepted. But part of why I wasn't uncomfortable / didn't have to confront it within myself was that there was no chance of it actually happening in the good ol' U S of A. I did not understand how it could become a reality one day.
[+] 4 users Like mordant's post
12-08-2017, 06:45 AM
(12-08-2017 06:40 AM)mordant Wrote:  I did not understand how it could become a reality one day.

I think a lot of people don't realise how easily the world can change. Especially for some social convention like freedom of religion. I mean, what the fuck even is that?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-08-2017, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 07:48 AM by Cosmo.)
Yikes. To all the atheists across the ocean from me, stay safe.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 3 users Like Cosmo's post
12-08-2017, 09:17 AM
It's code for "Open season on atheists. Murder one and the government will look the other way."
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
12-08-2017, 09:20 AM
(12-08-2017 09:17 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  It's code for "Open season on atheists. Murder one and the government will look the other way."

Yep. And I sometimes think it could happen here too.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
12-08-2017, 09:03 PM
(12-08-2017 05:21 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  ...
I don't know about the sociopolitical environment there. You know it better.

Pretty much the same as everywhere...

"The town": educated, employed in the knowledge economy, science-based wisdom, tech-enabled and tolerant of diversity.

"The farm": mis-educated, living off the land, from the sea and tourism (idyllic beaches etc.) superstition-based wisdom, tech-afraid and tolerant of assimilation (only).

(12-08-2017 05:21 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  ...
They are not going to act on it or something along those lines. Right??? Unsure

Fortunately we don't have a Fox News as a magnifier but we'll wait and see what happens on social media.

And I want my day in court, dagnammit!

(12-08-2017 09:17 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  It's code for "Open season on atheists. Murder one and the government will look the other way."

Possible, but this isn't Bangladesh. It could be a test of the principle of non-separation i.e. church (mosque) subordinate to state.

Unsure

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
12-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Still think being an atheist is cool?