Bring It On!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
12-08-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: Bring It On!
(12-08-2017 04:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Malaysia's atheists fearful following calls by a minister to ‘track them down’

Unsure

Quote:On Tuesday (Aug 8), Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Shahidan Kassim said the government should track down atheists. “I suggest we track them down and identify each of them. After that, we have to bring them back to the right path,” he said. This is a religious country. We have Islam, we have other religions - Christianity, Buddhism, Confucianism and Hinduism - there is no one without a religion."

Wanna bet?

Blush

Bring it, the fuck, on!

Drinking Beverage

You're a Jew. Your mother's a Jew, you're a Jew. Malaysia doesn't care what you say. ... wait ... I'm lookingt at that list "We have Islam, we have other religions - Christianity, Buddhism, Confucianism and Hinduism ... " ... don't see Jew. You're fucked either way.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-08-2017, 09:41 PM
(12-08-2017 09:33 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Still think being an atheist is cool?

It beats being gullible.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
12-08-2017, 09:42 PM

Yeah. And you still don't get to sit with the cool kids.

Go back to the pond you oozed out of Drinking Beverage

[Image: scum.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
12-08-2017, 09:44 PM

Heartlessness.

It has nothing to do with being cool. We analyzed the facts, and came to a conclusion. Hell some people here likely had their beliefs taken from them against their will when a thorough overview of scientific and historic fact was presented. I lost most of my friends, for instance, when I left the church.

You think I chose to lose most of my friends 'cuz it's cool?

I don't think atheists are atheists because they think it's cool. I think atheists are atheists because they think.

The only position that will leave you with no cognitive dissonance is atheism. I think it was Ayaan Hirsi Ali who said something along those lines.

Back to your cave now 'destructive spirit.'

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 10 users Like Cosmo's post
12-08-2017, 09:51 PM
(12-08-2017 09:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Possible, but this isn't Bangladesh. It could be test of the principle of non-separation i.e. church (mosque) subordinate to state.

Unsure

Be safe!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
12-08-2017, 10:07 PM
(12-08-2017 09:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 09:17 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  It's code for "Open season on atheists. Murder one and the government will look the other way."

Possible, but this isn't Bangladesh. It could be test of the principle of non-separation i.e. church (mosque) subordinate to state.

Unsure

I wanted to work in "Bangladesh" somewhere in my post but I don't know enough about Bangladesh or Malaysia to know if it was an apt comparison. Glad to hear it's not as bad as the reports out of Bangladesh, hope things don't get worse and more rational heads prevail.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
12-08-2017, 10:13 PM

So then, according to you, one is "what's cool", and what's cool is what the government wants.

Damn you are a fucking idiot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-08-2017, 10:14 PM
(12-08-2017 09:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  

Yeah. And you still don't get to sit with the cool kids.

Go back to the pond you oozed out of Drinking Beverage

[Image: scum.gif]

Oh look, it's Cunty McCuntface. Why do you love triggering me so much?
12-08-2017, 10:18 PM
(12-08-2017 10:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

So then, according to you, one is "what's cool", and what's cool is what the government wants.

Damn you are a fucking idiot.

Weeping
12-08-2017, 10:19 PM
I feel very sorry for people stuck by geography. For all the belly aching that goes on in America over freedom of and freedom from religion, we are so very very lucky to be living here.

But...as one poster mentioned, people have a normalcy bias and fail to recognize the sand shifting under their feet until they are sinking. Sometimes they don't even recognize that the change has occurred at all because they live in denial of the possibility and end up drowned in the shifting sand.

Great change can occur and the freedoms we have can disappear. The overwhelming apathy of the citizenry certainly makes it very possible.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 4 users Like Jeanne's post