Britain in the midst of severe biscuit shortage!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2016, 10:47 PM
RE: Britain in the midst of severe biscuit shortage!
The article didn't mention a cardboard shortage in Britain, so cut up a few boxes into rectangles, poke some decorative pinholes…problem solved.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
09-03-2016, 01:52 AM
(08-03-2016 03:26 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I must admit that I like a bit of crumpet now and then. Tongue

Problem is, that you need to pass yourself off as a crumpet in order to get one.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
09-03-2016, 10:05 AM
(08-03-2016 05:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 03:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Laugh out load Um. What we call crumpets is an English muffin. What you call a biscuit is a cookie here. What you call a cookie is a biscuit to us. What you call chips is a French fry. What the hell happened between the US and the UK? We've been such good friends for the last 100 or so years and yet our food is out of alignment. Blink

Crumpets are not English muffins. No, no, no! Facepalm

I love crumpets. They have a completely different texture from English muffins. I have not found crumpets for sale in the last 20 years at least. I only once found them in California decades ago, and they were imported.

Americans do not know how to bake crumpets! Or else, they don't know how to appreciate them. English Muffins are a poor substitute. Weeping

Well, now I have to find a recipe for crumpets. Rolleyes I drink tea two and three times a day and a little crumpet accompanying the tea sounds great. Drinking Beverage

Edit: Um, according to the smilie I need to be reading a book too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.