Britains parliamentary debate regarding Trumps state visit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Britains parliamentary debate regarding Trumps state visit.
https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/20...StateVisit

Above is the link to the transcript of the debate in parliament regarding the petition to downgrade the orange slugs ™ visit to the UK.

My own feeling is that we (Britain) have rolled over and prostituted ourselves forgetting the true values of our country, what do you guys think ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2017, 10:06 AM
RE: Britains parliamentary debate regarding Trumps state visit.
(22-02-2017 09:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/20...StateVisit

Above is the link to the transcript of the debate in parliament regarding the petition to downgrade the orange slugs ™ visit to the UK.

My own feeling is that we (Britain) have rolled over and prostituted ourselves forgetting the true values of our country, what do you guys think ?

Please feel free to kick the man out of your country. Toss him in the North Sea. He's pimping the White House and doesn't represent the majority of American citizens.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
22-02-2017, 10:11 AM
(22-02-2017 09:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/20...StateVisit

For the life of me I cannot understand why May would be cozying up to Trump the way she did. Perhaps because of Brexit she's willing to throw her self-respect under the bus. I don't know.

And with well over a million people signing a petition against the visit (last I saw it was 1.8 million) it's clear that May has misread the feeling of the electorate on the matter.

It's truly unfortunate that the Queen is essentially being forced, by protocol, to host the orange shitgibbon.

That said, she's had to host distasteful leaders before and she's always done it with grace, class and elegance. DJT is just another in that sorry list.

It was heartening, though, to hear Common's Speaker John Bercow shred the shitgibbon so eloquently. Source: Donald Trump should not be allowed to speak in UK parliament, says Speaker
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
22-02-2017, 10:18 AM
(22-02-2017 10:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Please feel free to kick the man out of your country. Toss him in the North Sea. He's pimping the White House and doesn't represent the majority of American citizens.

I'd love to, unfortunately our stupid government seems hell bent on ignoring the 1•8 million signatures calling for a downgrade from state visit to normal visit. Britain has most definitely become Trumps obedient whore.
22-02-2017, 10:23 AM
What happens if they decide to cancel the visit? How would the petulant orange baby react? Is it worth the risk? If he does come you can bet the press conference will be some of the best comedy out of the UK in recent years; not to mention another soaring opportunity for SNL.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
22-02-2017, 10:34 AM
(22-02-2017 10:23 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  What happens if they decide to cancel the visit? How would the petulant orange baby react? Is it worth the risk? If he does come you can bet the press conference will be some of the best comedy out of the UK in recent years; not to mention another soaring opportunity for SNL.
It's not gonna happen, the orange slug ™ will get the state visit denied to so many more worthy POTUS. If it was rescinded shitgibbon would go apeshit and probably cut all diplomatic ties, petulant man-child that he is.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Meh, as you've said, Trump is a major tosser, but in the grand scheme of things, not nearly as bad as some of the other heads of state we've hosted. Dealing with other people who may or may not be scumbags are a part of life, and diplomacy. And I'm sure the queen will be able to cope with Trump and his particular brand of bigotry - she's married to Phil after all.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
22-02-2017, 10:45 AM
(22-02-2017 10:34 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Meh, as you've said, Trump is a major tosser, but in the grand scheme of things, not nearly as bad as some of the other heads of state we've hosted. Dealing with other people who may or may not be scumbags are a part of life, and diplomacy. And I'm sure the queen will be able to cope with Trump and his particular brand of bigotry - she's married to Phil after all.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

True very true the queen will be able to handle him just fine, its just the image it projects to the rest of the world I struggle with. On the question of other unsavoury individuals being entertained by the monarch there a some very interesting points raised against this in the debate about half way down the transcript.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Fuck that dick potato. Keep him out.

I think it does have a lot to do with recognizing he's a moronic sociopath, and that denying him a visit could result in serious repercussions.

My wife said that there's an ancient English law which says that, in certain scenarios, the queen can lawfully kill such a visitor with a sword. (Yeah, I being serious!)

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
23-02-2017, 12:30 AM
(23-02-2017 12:21 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Fuck that dick potato. Keep him out.

I think it does have a lot to do with recognizing he's a moronic sociopath, and that denying him a visit could result in serious repercussions.

My wife said that there's an ancient English law which says that, in certain scenarios, the queen can lawfully kill such a visitor with a sword. (Yeah, I being serious!)

Off with his head! Laugh out load