Britains parliamentary debate regarding Trumps state visit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2017, 04:43 AM
RE: Britains parliamentary debate regarding Trumps state visit.
(23-02-2017 04:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh...

You wankers in London can just, you know, keep him.

For realsies.
Hey now, it was your wankers that elected him, he's yours.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2017, 05:03 AM
(22-02-2017 10:11 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  ...
For the life of me I cannot understand why May would be cozying up to Trump the way she did. Perhaps because of Brexit

Brexit was just the first step in the larger plan:

[Image: 1984_World-Map_597x311.gif]

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
23-02-2017, 07:04 AM
(23-02-2017 12:21 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  My wife said that there's an ancient English law which says that, in certain scenarios, the queen can lawfully kill such a visitor with a sword. (Yeah, I being serious!)

I have seen something along those lines mentioned on a satire website, but isn't the Queen above all laws anyway? She probably could kill him but I would hate to be around for America's reaction.

(23-02-2017 02:10 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  No, we voted to keep all foreigners out Tongue

And to kick out anyone who looks a bit foreign. Britain for the British!

It really is baffling if any racists (I'm talking real racists here, the word is thrown around too much) did vote to leave as they are in for a surprise when immigration from the Commonwealth increases. Proposals to fast track CW visas are due to be debated on Feb 26 and it is likely that immigration from other countries will increase as well as a result of future deals.
[+] 2 users Like Lucipurr's post
23-02-2017, 07:26 AM
It will be interesting to see if Trump fucks up when meeting the Queen. The Brits go mad if someone even puts a hand on her shoulder when they meet. I hope Trump gives her a big hug, holds her hand or, grabs her by the pussy. I'm sure there will be some "royal gaffe" that will get the Brit tabloids going.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 4 users Like Marozz's post
23-02-2017, 07:39 AM
(22-02-2017 10:11 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  For the life of me I cannot understand why May would be cozying up to Trump the way she did. Perhaps because of Brexit she's willing to throw her self-respect under the bus. I don't know.

It's not that hard to understand. It's a mixture of brexit panic mode and the illusion of grandeur all the british conservatives display one way or the other. Special relationship and all, even it's a special relationship with a clogged toilet.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
23-02-2017, 07:43 AM
(23-02-2017 07:26 AM)Marozz Wrote:  It will be interesting to see if Trump fucks up when meeting the Queen. The Brits go mad if someone even puts a hand on her shoulder when they meet. I hope Trump gives her a big hug, holds her hand or, grabs her by the pussy. I'm sure there will be some "royal gaffe" that will get the Brit tabloids going.

Oh dear, I hope he doesn't give her the Trump handshake

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
23-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Hi
(23-02-2017 04:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh...

You wankers in London can just, you know, keep him.

For realsies.

Yup, you can fuck right off with that idea mate, we totes do not want the orange slug ™ in our vegetable patch any longer than necessaryNo Tongue
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
23-02-2017, 08:04 AM
(22-02-2017 09:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/20...StateVisit

Above is the link to the transcript of the debate in parliament regarding the petition to downgrade the orange slugs ™ visit to the UK.

My own feeling is that we (Britain) have rolled over and prostituted ourselves forgetting the true values of our country, what do you guys think ?

Paul Flynn reminds us that English is a living language.

*The first petition suggests that cancelling the state visit would in some way deprive President Trump of his ability to speak freely, when in recent days we have had a ceaseless incontinence of free speech from him—the man is everywhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The other petition is saying not that he should not come here—he should come here, on business or other matters—but that he should not be accorded the rare privilege of a state visit.*

*There is no question of any disrespect towards the United States, but there is a great feeling of concern, which has welled up in this petition. The day after the inauguration, 2 million people, mostly women, marched on the streets of America and 100,000 people marched in this country. It was an expression of fear and anxiety that we had someone like this in the White House wielding such enormous power. The President’s power is enormous, but unfortunately his intellectual capacity is protozoan. We are greatly concerned about the extraordinary actions he has taken. He has blundered into frozen conflicts around the planet that needed delicate handling; they needed the microsurgery of decisions such as those that have been taken in the past by statesmen. He has gone in and caused problems in every area in which he has become involved: the South China sea, Ukraine, Israel-Palestine.*

*It is extraordinary that Trump, from the cavernous depths of his scientific ignorance, is prepared to challenge the conclusions of 97% of the world experts on this matter. He makes a bad science conspiracy theory conclusion when, apart from the nuclear issue, climate change is the most important issue of our time.*

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
23-02-2017, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 08:29 AM by Vera.)
(23-02-2017 07:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yup, you can fuck right off with that idea mate, we totes do not want the orange slug ™ in our vegetable patch any longer than necessary

Slugs, eh? Drinking Beverage

[Image: C4Rh2mYVYAAH9YJ.jpg]

DLJ, I still think we're headed for a Butlerian (as in Octavia Butler) dystopia, climate change gone completely out of hand and all.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
23-02-2017, 08:36 AM
(23-02-2017 08:25 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 07:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yup, you can fuck right off with that idea mate, we totes do not want the orange slug ™ in our vegetable patch any longer than necessary

Slugs, eh? Drinking Beverage

[Image: C4Rh2mYVYAAH9YJ.jpg]

Damn it, I thought orange slug was my idea/invention but it looks like someone has beaten me to it. Angry
Oh well nevermind, if only a sprinkling of salt could solve the problem of this particular slug eh ?