Broke up with girlfriend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Broke up with girlfriend
Tonight I broke up with my girlfriend. Idk what happened it just happened.

We've been having trouble for months now, ever since school started. We have rarely hung out and started talking less during school. And things have just been going down hill. We've had the convo about all of this many times. And tonight, I just said that we can't work out anymore. I'm not happy and ur not happy. I do nothing but make you upset. And ended it there after countless arguments. I feel really bad, this was my first real relationship and I just felt like I wasn't treating her right no matter what I did. And so did others. Which is why I ended it. I want to still be friends. We trusted eachother with a lot of things before, and I want to keep the trust there. I just don't know if it would be wise. She was just always someone I could talk to. The relationship part of it though just wasn't working anymore in my eyes.

I guess I just needed to vent. Sorry for it being so long. I can just be thankful that it didn't end as bad as it could've. And i needed to get it straightened out before Christmas. Thanks for reading, if you actually read. If not. Oh well. Still counts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: Broke up with girlfriend
You're still figuring out who you are and what you want, so relationships will come and go and you'll learn something from them. Don't stress too much, just try to be nice and remember how to do better in your next relationship.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
13-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Hug

It sounds like you did the best thing for both of you. Take note of your successes and failures and move on.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 4 users Like Ohio Sky's post
13-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Do you feel anything about it at all? I mean, you're a self-described "gamer," so did she get in the way of your joystick time or what? It just sounds like no energy was put into having a relationship to begin with, and yet you call it a "real" relationship.

But I think you made the right decision. If you guys were fighting all the time, it sure wasn't going to get any better in the long run. But don't just let this slip by unexamined. Really think about what made it fail: what she did, but especially what you did. And why you would have ever wanted to be around someone who was apparently toxic to begin with. If you don't take time to really think about it, trust me, you'll dive into the same thing all over again, and again, and again.

Good luck, Ghost.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2013, 06:20 AM
good advice so far, I just wanted to add that you can be close friends again, but usually its best to just let things cool off and let it go for a couple months. Give each other space to find your footing and being comfortable without a date.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys. Y'all rock
13-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Sounds like you made a good choice. I don't see the point of having a relationship that is more stressful than not. If the thought "You're unhappy, I'm unhappy" was mutual..or even existant, then yeah get out of there and move on with your life.

I'm sort of going through a break up as well. But for us it's more like, "you're happy, I'm happy. You want to marry me, I don't know that I want to marry you, and I don't think I should continue wasting your (and my) time if I can't commit." No matter what, breakups suck.

But hey man, good luck in your future romantic endeavors.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.