Broken Egg Timer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Broken Egg Timer
Hello all. I am from Maine, USA.

As a five-year-old, I'd received a play kitchen set that included an egg timer. I broke the egg timer apart because I had to know for sure whether it was salt or sugar inside. That kind of curiosity and the 'need to know' what is true based on empirical evidence ultimately delivered me from the grip of religion.

After being molested for years by my father from the age of nine, I began to 'break apart' the religious beliefs so ironically taught to me by him. I wondered why he could go to heaven by simply asking for forgiveness for what he did to me, while I would go to hell for simply questioning my beliefs.

So despite the serious emotional damage he caused by the molestation that's lasted all my life, I can be grateful that the seed was planted by the abuse to question, and finally discard my god beliefs.

"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly."
~ Aristotle
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2014, 09:16 PM
RE: Broken Egg Timer
(28-06-2014 02:57 PM)GawDamn Wrote:  Hello all. I am from Maine, USA.

As a five-year-old, I'd received a play kitchen set that included an egg timer. I broke the egg timer apart because I had to know for sure whether it was salt or sugar inside. That kind of curiosity and the 'need to know' what is true based on empirical evidence ultimately delivered me from the grip of religion.

After being molested for years by my father from the age of nine, I began to 'break apart' the religious beliefs so ironically taught to me by him. I wondered why he could go to heaven by simply asking for forgiveness for what he did to me, while I would go to hell for simply questioning my beliefs.

So despite the serious emotional damage he caused by the molestation that's lasted all my life, I can be grateful that the seed was planted by the abuse to question, and finally discard my god beliefs.

Hello Gawdamn.

What a rough start in life. I know that is never easy. No

Sounds like you'll make a nice addition to the group. Glad to have you join us!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
28-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Well gaw damm. Welcome friend, pull up a chair. Good to have you.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
01-07-2014, 07:26 AM
Thank you, CindysRain, and evenheathen for your warm welcomes!

"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly."
~ Aristotle
[+] 1 user Likes GawDamn's post
01-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Welcome!!! Big Grin love your username Yes

People used to laugh at me when I would say "I want to be a comedian". Well nobody is laughing now!

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
01-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi Smile and welcome!
I'm with Smercury44 on your name Shy Awesome Big Grin

01-07-2014, 04:14 PM
@Smercury44 and TheGulegon - I'm glad you like my username. I do too, gawdamnit!

~ Aristotle
[+] 2 users Like GawDamn's post
01-07-2014, 05:55 PM
[Image: port-jackson.png]

Sleepy

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
02-07-2014, 01:56 AM
There's plenty of life ahead and we will live it to the fullest.

Here's your welcome panda.

[Image: 2012061814362186306.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.