Brother-in-law going to Lourdes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 12:34 AM
Brother-in-law going to Lourdes
My brother-in-law and his wife are going to Europe. Two of their stops will be Fatima and Lourdes. He's been in poor health for years. I think he's planning on drinking the water.

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2017, 01:03 AM
RE: Brother-in-law going to Lourdes
Always be well hydrated, particularly in summer. Good plan! Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
02-06-2017, 01:22 AM
Lourdes eh?

One of the tackiest of tacky places I have ever been to.

Truly awful.Lecture_preist

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
02-06-2017, 08:32 AM
(02-06-2017 12:34 AM)f stop Wrote:  My brother-in-law and his wife are going to Europe. Two of their stops will be Fatima and Lourdes. He's been in poor health for years. I think he's planning on drinking the water.

> I've heard from more than one source that the water at Lourdes contains an unacceptable bacterial level for Americans to drink. Also, he will be possibly exposing himself to pilgrims afflicted with communicable diseases. Consider

> I had a first cousin who was suffering from a brain tumor. He visited Lourdes and Medjugorje in a futile search of a cure. He died a slow, agonizing death a few years later. Sad
02-06-2017, 09:13 AM
(02-06-2017 08:32 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I've heard from more than one source that the water at Lourdes contains an unacceptable bacterial level for Americans to drink. Also, he will be possibly exposing himself to pilgrims afflicted with communicable diseases. Consider

At least the food is subject to stricter legislations in Europe. I also doubt that water is any less save than in the USA. The authorities wouldn't allow for something like that. Our legislations concering food and water are pretty strict. But one of the reasons why so many people are opposed to TTIP.

As for OP, him going to Lourdes neither helps nor hurts. Maybe it has some psychological effect on him to at least make him feel better.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
02-06-2017, 12:50 PM
http://www.michaelnugent.com/2014/11/25/...es-rte-tv/

Quote:The cure rate at Lourdes is about 1 cure for every 3 million pilgrims, far less than the statistics for spontaneous remission of cancer.

The last official cure was in 1989, so in the past 25 years you have a better chance of dying than being cured at Lourdes.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
02-06-2017, 01:55 PM
(02-06-2017 12:34 AM)f stop Wrote:  My brother-in-law and his wife are going to Europe. Two of their stops will be Fatima and Lourdes. He's been in poor health for years. I think he's planning on drinking the water.

People piss in that water.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
02-06-2017, 02:35 PM
In 1858, at a grotto by the river Gave near Lourdes, France, a 14-year-old peasant named Bernadette Soubirous claimed that the Virgin Mary, identifying herself as "the Immaculate Conception," appeared to her some 18 times. You'd think such a great number of visitations would have provided an opportunity to channel a short theological treatise of some significance. It seems, however, that the main message from the alleged "mother of a god" was: "Pray and do penance for the conversion of the world." Oh, and take a drink of the spring water.

To its eternal discredit, the Roman Catholic Church investigated Soubirous's claims for four years before approving devotion to Our Lady of Lourdes. Since then, the Church has validated 67 miracles at Lourdes (of the thousands that have been reported) and canonized the peasant girl. (Her body, which is on display, is alleged to be incorruptible, but the face and hands, which look so lifelike, are made of wax.)

It is estimated that in recent years about 5 million pilgrims a year visit the shrine at Lourdes. Over the past 150 years, some 200 million people have made the pilgrimage. For those who care, that's a success rate of 0.0000335% or 1 in 3 million.

Robert Todd Carroll

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post