Brother thinks rape is "God's will"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Brother thinks rape is "God's will"
If you haven't heard recently there was some GOP guy who said rape was God's will. My brother is a Christian now so he decided to express his opinion after my father shared the link about the story on FB, and apparently, my brother agrees that "rape is God's will" because "everything is God's will". How would you handle this situation? I'm considering not talking with my brother anymore after he moves out.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2017, 01:20 PM
RE: Brother thinks rape is "God's will"
(26-04-2017 01:17 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  If you haven't heard recently there was some GOP guy who said rape was God's will. My brother is a Christian now so he decided to express his opinion after my father shared the link about the story on FB, and apparently, my brother agrees that "rape is God's will" because "everything is God's will". How would you handle this situation? I'm considering not talking with my brother anymore after he moves out.

Well you brother better pray he never ends up in prison and drops the soap bar in the washrooms; he might learn the hard way what God's will is for him then.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
26-04-2017, 01:26 PM
(26-04-2017 01:20 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 01:17 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  If you haven't heard recently there was some GOP guy who said rape was God's will. My brother is a Christian now so he decided to express his opinion after my father shared the link about the story on FB, and apparently, my brother agrees that "rape is God's will" because "everything is God's will". How would you handle this situation? I'm considering not talking with my brother anymore after he moves out.

Well you brother better pray he never ends up in prison and drops the soap bar in the washrooms; he might learn the hard way what God's will is for him then.

He almost did. I suppose God decided to give him another chance, or something.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
26-04-2017, 01:27 PM

If everything is god's will then there is no "free" will.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 8 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-04-2017, 01:37 PM
You know, today is "Denim Day", a day for sexual violence awareness that began in the 1990s after a judge basically victim blamed a woman for being raped because her jeans showed off her body. So it's weird he chooses to do this jerk move now. Anyhow, I'd just not reply to him, or point out what dancefortwo said; if everything is God's will, then does he believe free will exists? And if free will doesn't exist, does God damn people to Hell before they're even born and allows them to be born only for them to go to Hell?

Victim blaming is never okay, and rape is a horrifying and despicable crime.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-04-2017, 01:41 PM

Depends if they can handle a civil face to face discussion, or if they will flip out if you question their logic. It also depends on how much you want them in your life too. I would say no matter what you decide to do, nobody has the right to suck the life out of you emotionally. If you can tolerate their bullshit and they can tolerate yours then that is still up to you.

But as far as the logic goes, that is sick. So when Polly Klass got raped and murdered as a kid, God sat up there and watched because he wanted her with him? He couldn't find a less painful way for her to die without horrifying conditions?

Then they resort to "that was the perp's free will" ok, so forget Polly, God didn't want to interfere with the perp's free will?

Ok, how many people would walk out of a Superman Movie, if during it he passed next to an ally, watched as a 4 or 8 or 12 year old girl/boy got raped, had their throat slit, they bled out, and Superman sat there with folded arms, watching knowing he could stop it, and only did something after the kid's death, how many people would find such a plot good or moral?

Then the believer tries to call it a "test". To who, the girl? Funny I always thought of a test as something you took to pass a class, or get on a sporting team, or get a job. "A test" to who? The parents? So they wouldn't want Polly around because God has her now? If Polly being with God is the goal, then why would anyone get angry at the perp, if it was God's will then the perp was doing exactly what God allowed and wanted. To be logically consistent, if one is to make such an argument, then logically you would not punish the perp. For me that logic makes no sense and I would want the perp punished.

Then you get "without suffering you can't feel joy". Still doesn't change the fact that the girl got raped and died, even if the parent goes on to create a law in her memory keeping track of child molesters and the parents feel joy that they did something in her memory.

Never argue with a theist letting them think you think this god character is real. Many like to think you are secretly rebelling but wont admit it.Always make it clear you are responding to their line of logic and not something you believe is real.

I say, "I cant be angry at something that is not real. But what I am responding to you saying claim "x" is true, this is the problem I see with that use of logic when you claim "x" is true."

Then give them the Superman example. They may not change, but if you give them that example it will make them squirm enough as into the future they may think twice about arguing that point to you.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 5 users Like Brian37's post
26-04-2017, 02:10 PM
I'd tell him it must be god's will that you think he's a disgusting person then.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
26-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Says more about the person saying that than the imaginary being who supposedly says that.
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
26-04-2017, 02:44 PM
No I hope his opinion changes...
26-04-2017, 03:08 PM
I would reply back "So was it God's will to make you a fucking asshole?"

Sorry, I know he is your bro, but I would have a REALLY hard time not ripping into him.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post