Brother thinks rape is "God's will"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Brother thinks rape is "God's will"
I doubt that there's much you could say that would make much of a dent in that level of ignorance.

I agree that we should leave the GOP douche in Bubba's cell overnight and see if that influences his outlook.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
26-04-2017, 04:21 PM
(26-04-2017 01:17 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  If you haven't heard recently there was some GOP guy who said rape was God's will. My brother is a Christian now so he decided to express his opinion after my father shared the link about the story on FB, and apparently, my brother agrees that "rape is God's will" because "everything is God's will". How would you handle this situation? I'm considering not talking with my brother anymore after he moves out.

Well then, tell him if he ever gets raped, you can only hope he has a lovely time. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Well if he is a Christian, then he is absolutely right because his God made everybody the way they are, so he made the rapist a rapist and he placed the victim in his path. In addition to that, his God chooses not to intervene.

How would I deal with this situation?
Here is what I actually did with one of my brothers. I dropped all contact with him. The issue was a different one but I will always choose my own well being and mental health above other's.

Not telling you that you should drop contact with your brother, maybe it is still possible to talk reason to him?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
26-04-2017, 10:41 PM
(26-04-2017 04:33 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Well if he is a Christian, then he is absolutely right because his God made everybody the way they are, so he made the rapist a rapist and he placed the victim in his path. In addition to that, his God chooses not to intervene.

Here is what I actually did with one of my brothers. I dropped all contact with him. The issue was a different one but I will always choose my own well being and mental health above other's.

Not telling you that you should drop contact with your brother, maybe it is still possible to talk reason to him?

I don't think so. He became a Christian as a result of ruining his life, so it's basically his identity now.

27-04-2017, 05:58 AM
(26-04-2017 10:41 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I don't think so. He became a Christian as a result of ruining his life, so it's basically his identity now.

URGH, the worst kind of religious person, in my opinion.

I honestly have nothing on this. I highly doubt there is anything you could do to change him mind other than just saying "look, if you honestly believe that, I'll leave it with you, but don't ever say that in front of me, or any other sane person again".

Get his girlfriend to "peg" him during the night, I bet he wouldn't think that was gods will.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
27-04-2017, 09:12 AM
I hope he's pro choice, since abortion must be god's will. And pro gay marriage since that must also be god's will. Come to think of it, if you punch him in the groin, that will also be god's will.
[+] 4 users Like Jedi Rainbow Dash's post
27-04-2017, 09:22 AM
(26-04-2017 10:41 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 04:33 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Well if he is a Christian, then he is absolutely right because his God made everybody the way they are, so he made the rapist a rapist and he placed the victim in his path. In addition to that, his God chooses not to intervene.

I don't think so. He became a Christian as a result of ruining his life, so it's basically his identity now.

That is the worst reason to fall for ANY religion. Malcolm X cleaned himself up too, did so in prison, but no Christian would claim because he stopped committing crime that made Allah the one real god.

I still have my own issues today, but regardless, none of my problems are the result of any old book of myth, or a super hero battling with a guy in red leotard over my neurons trying to get me to do good or bad.

If your brother cleaned himself up that's great, but there was no cosmic hero doing that for him, he simply in reality got tired of being self destructive. Mental health and drug addictions I will say you cant simply "buck it up" and stop cold turkey with no support, but it still takes you wanting to do something to make the attempt to get help. No magic man involved.

Replacing one crutch with another might be a diversion, but it really isn't addressing the physical problems. It merely makes you hide the issues.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
27-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Have to agree, those are typically the worst christians.

They are using their religion to 100% condone their reprehensible and shitty behavior - past or present.
And worse, they typically use their newfound religious zeal to judge others (looking at you, born agains)

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
27-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Everyone who believes in god's plan is saying rape is god's will. They just won't admit it because they don't like the logical conclusion of their beliefs. Horrific though it is, at least this guy is being consistent.

The question would be, "Why would you want to worship a being that wills rape?"

But then, worshipping is also god's will. So we're mere puppets.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Robvalue's post
27-04-2017, 01:41 PM
(26-04-2017 01:17 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  If you haven't heard recently there was some GOP guy who said rape was God's will. My brother is a Christian now so he decided to express his opinion after my father shared the link about the story on FB, and apparently, my brother agrees that "rape is God's will" because "everything is God's will". How would you handle this situation? I'm considering not talking with my brother anymore after he moves out.

Wonder how he'd feel about that if it was his wife or daughter getting it thrown to them???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.