Brought to you by Google :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2016, 01:13 PM
Brought to you by Google :)
Hey there

We live for stories don't we? So here is a short one.

While I may be a norwegian born to christian parents, and I did endure some attempts at brainwashing in my upbringing: it simply did not stick. I remember my mother telling me once before I was going to bed. That if you pray for something you will get it, seemed easy to disprove so I tested it. I prayed for a Playstation, and it did not appear, so that was my one and only attempt at a pious life. Angel

Miscellaneous

Being an atheist does not mean I believe in the big bang theory or evolution, because to me such theories are hearsay until I have thoroughly explored them myself, and I do not find the past very interesting, because the biggest mystery in the past is not solvable, and that is -how can anything exist at all-, how can something come from nothing, and there will never be an answer. So I am content with the knowledge that I will never know, and I wish more people would accept such a simple truth instead of striving for answers through fiction.

Now if you read this much already then you are the sort of person who has enough patience to deal with me.
I've had a very quiet life, with a lot of time to think, I choose my words carefully and try to always be decent and honest, and hoping there may be some more like-minded people in this godforsaken place Smile.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Brought to you by Google :)
Welcome. I too came from google. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Welcome. You should be aware, however, that some of the members here have degrees in physics, or in my case biochemistry, and accept evolution (common descent, if you prefer) on the simple basis of: it's easily-demonstrable reality. But you're quite right to not accept them until you have investigated the claims for yourself. Please allow me to highly recommend that you do so.

Meanwhile, welcome to TTA. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Welcome!
27-11-2016, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2016 03:10 PM by Loom.)
Welcome!

Nothing wrong treating things with a healthy dose of skepticism!

I highly recommend you research those topics, they're very interesting and there is a lot of evidence to support evolution and the big bang (we at least know that everything came from a super hot singularity, any further than that and things get weird).

talkorigins.org is a great place to start.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
27-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Welcome.

The thing is evolution isn't something to believe in - evolution is a fact (these words are also a title of great book by Jerry Coyne). And as far as I know BB was confirmed by observation - https://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews...istory.cfm

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Bill Nye's Undeniable is a great starter book as well.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Welcome to the forum.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
27-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Welcome aboard!