Brown and the word "robbery".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 10:43 AM by zaybu.)
RE: Brown and the word "robbery".
I'm not interested in all the philosophical verbiage that has come out in this incident. I'm interested in the facts: 1) it is said that the cop involved was unaware of the robbery that took place before the shooting; 2) that the victim had knelt down and raised his hands before the shooting. If 1) is true then what happened so that the cop had to use his gun? If 2) is true, then again why did the cop shoot? We need to know more, as it stands people are speculating without knowing the facts, and that only adds to the tragedy.

My blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 11:01 AM
FACTS DO MATTER

Now take your pick? Did the officer constitute his approach on jaywalking, or petty theft? Should not matter why still wouldn't justify the cop suddenly jumping out without warning and trying to pull him into the car. The cop approached him with suspicion in the first place, something blacks face far too much on a far bigger scale every single day.

Cop "They are jaywalking" =I'll get out of my car and assume guilt and turn something minor into a human death"

Cop, "Hey I see stolen cigars, I will assume he is a murderer"

WHY the cop even decided to confront them matters. His own training from the start also matters. His perceptions of the society he works in matters.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
16-08-2014, 11:02 AM
You cannot address this one case without looking at the psychology of human behavior.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
16-08-2014, 11:34 AM
(16-08-2014 11:01 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  FACTS DO MATTER

Now take your pick? Did the officer constitute his approach on jaywalking, or petty theft? Should not matter why still wouldn't justify the cop suddenly jumping out without warning and trying to pull him into the car. The cop approached him with suspicion in the first place, something blacks face far too much on a far bigger scale every single day.

Cop "They are jaywalking" =I'll get out of my car and assume guilt and turn something minor into a human death"

Cop, "Hey I see stolen cigars, I will assume he is a murderer"

WHY the cop even decided to confront them matters. His own training from the start also matters. His perceptions of the society he works in matters.
But you are still speculating. You could be totally wrong in this case. It's better to wait for all the facts to come out before making one's mind. All you're doing is add oil to the fire.

My blog
[+] 1 user Likes zaybu's post
16-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Lets face it, the government does not like minorities.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
18-08-2014, 08:10 AM
(16-08-2014 07:23 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  The use of the word "robbery" is bullshit. I have seen bar fights and fights as a teen between white people, where police show up and no one dies. I worked at a 7-11 and saw WHITE PEOPLE shoplift. One WHITE GUY stole several cartons of cigarettes and got physical with our store manager while trying to escape.

I did stupid shit when I was a teen myself. I drank beer, smoked pot, and even in college saw plenty of physical confrontations and no one died. I even stupidly smashed private property for fun. If I had been caught I would have deserved to be punished but death?

No matter what you saw on that tape, it still does not justify shooting an unarmed person after they put their hands up That was shoplifting, and that shove, if done by a white person, wouldn't have even been called felony assault.

The fact remains that blacks on average will be judged more harshly for the same similar actions than whites. I have seen far worse done by whites than what you see on that video.

Now here is the truth, if we as a collective society don't want it to be about race, then we as a society should fact it is a race issue. There is a disparity in how minorities are economically impacted and viewed by law enforcement . Blacks do have to worry about being black in public. If anyone thinks they only have themselves to blame they are assholes and are ignoring our nation's history of institutionalized deep seeded bigotry.

Race is where republicans, and the rich want the conversation to be. It is also where the gun industry wants the conversation to be. Maintain the economic disparity between the top and bottom, you can gett hurting white and poor republicans to point the finger at blacks instead of pointing it at the right enemy, greedy assholes pitting us against each other.

Like I have said, as a teen and young adult, seeing my white friends do far worse, to know that this video is bullshit and is merely race baiting and still would not excuse the cop from murdering an unarmed teen.

Now the other aspect of this is, if you rightfully recoil at the overly armed police AND I AGREE, that is also a product of big industry writing law for us so they do what they want regardless of how it harms the rest of us. You cannot have it both ways. You cant have a free for all market where the public is armed to the teeth then stupidly expect law enforcement not to be able to be safe. If they have to constantly fear an armed society, they are going to be trained to fear the worst and assume the worst. If we do not want that then we have to consider ourselves the AMOUNT of guns floating around.

I am sick of people blaming blacks and even any poor person in general. I am sick of republicans and libertarians and Ayn Rand assholes claiming that "get government out of the way" helps. None of our social ills can be fixed by allowing one class of people write laws while blaming everyone else for the flood of money they pump into politics to pit working people against each other.

I am also tired of quoting RICH people and companies that AGREE WITH ME. The bottom line is that this kid did not deserve to die. The only way to take race out of the issue is to fight the real enemy, economic disparity, and that is affecting more and more white middle class and white poor people as well.

Ok I do agree that it was definitely an excess amount of force to shoot an unarmed man and don't get me started with waiting day's to even mention the robbery. The whole damn thing is full of bs. BUT why are we(black people) still in this mindset of being the victim. We seriously have some huge problems as a culture. Just the weekend before this shooting there were over 50 black on black deaths in Chicago alone yet no one marches, no press conferences, no Al Sharpton, no NAACP statements, nothing. What the hell? I'm sorry to say it but anyone who participates in these marches or online protest are silly. Let the law handle this and if they don't then that's when you go to your congressman/woman and see what can be done. That's how civilized adults handle situations by talking them out calmly with some damn self control. Not losing their minds. All this barbaric marching and chanting just shows that we haven't progressed as black people. So why would they treat us as if we did? Again do I agree with the way the officer handled this situation? Hell no but before we start pointing the blame we should really assess how mike brown acted once facts about the altercation are out. There is always more to a story.
18-08-2014, 08:15 AM
According to Huffington Post today, Brown was shot 6 times, twice in the head.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/17...86672.html
18-08-2014, 02:13 PM
My question is why is this still here in the first place? Why is it that when I white person does the same crime a black person does they get more leniency?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
19-08-2014, 08:57 PM
I have been reading about this. This is a open and shut case really. Two young black men were walking in the middle of a residential street. They were unarmed, and the police had no reason to believe they were connected to any crime. There is some kind of verbal altercation. The two men run off, one of them is shot six times. None of the other facts matter. This is murder. I can't remember ever feeling this outraged about something like this. Terrible miscarriage of justice. The worst part is that officer that shot the Mr Brown is on paid administrative leave, and it looks very likely that he will never face charges. Fucking outrageous.
20-08-2014, 01:59 PM
(16-08-2014 11:01 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  FACTS DO MATTER

Indeed.

Did Wilson shoot Brown because he stole cigars from a convenience store?

Was Wilson even aware that Brown stole cigars minutes prior to the shooting?

Is the narrative of "gentle giant" an accurate description of Brown?

Was Brown shot from behind?

Was Brown just standing still with his hands in the air when Wilson shot him?

Was there a struggle for Wilson's gun?

How did Wilson sustain his eye socket injury?

If police are trained to kill someone for stealing cigars, have any of the ensuing looters been killed over stealing and property damage?

Please answer with just the facts. Thanks.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post