Brown and the word "robbery".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2014, 08:16 AM
RE: Brown and the word "robbery".
(22-08-2014 06:39 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Now if some fucking idiots here want to make the struggle at the car the issue, then blame the cop.

Two witnesses agree that there was a struggle at the car through the window. If the cop thought Brown was that dangerous wouldn't it make more sense to stop a distance behind him instead of pulling up next to them? I think this cop merely got pissed that Brown did not respond fast enough or in the manor he wanted and lost his cool.

It would be interesting knowing if he had been on a call how long he had been on duty, and the other stresses the may have had in the days leading up to this.

But even without this all the witnesses agree, Brown ran away, got shot in the back, turned around and got shot several times more, but none of them say that when he turned around he was rushing the cop.

This cop simply lost his cool.

Perhaps, but I still think we need to wait for ALL the facts to come out before passing judgment. The riots that followed were a knee-jerk reaction and unjustified.

My blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2014, 10:08 AM
A whole lot of '"WHITES" this', and '"blacks" that' going on in here...

I have absolutely no idea what happened, and haven't been following it. It seems though, that a white cop shot a black man, and now EVERYBODY is getting butt-hurt about it. Was the cop racist? Maybe; I don't know. It was his decision to shoot, and the reasons were his own. There are idiotic mobs ready to band together for almost any reason. The main driving force behind most of these groups is misinformation and ignorance. Let's not make it some big race issue, when it may or may not even be a single racist issue.

If the cop knowingly acted inappropriately, I'd like to see him fired and charged. Same would go for a black cop shooting a white guy.

And the term redneck or hill-billy is just awful... The correct term is hill-william. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
26-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Yea that's the way Ferguson... riot, loot and throw molotov cocktails at police, that'll change the countries opinion about you...

The kid was on drugs and had earlier committed aggravated robbery (that wasn't piety theft. He walked in and intimidated the store owner and later man-handled him.). He was not the right person to make some sort of black rights "matyr"...
All this is going to achieve is a few white cops MIGHT lose their job and white people will hate black people in Ferguson because they (black people) rioted and fucked up the town. Whenever this kids story is brought up the drugs in his system and his earlier crime are going to be brought up right along side it. This kids story has no bite to it because of those downfalls. Martin Luther King Jnr was such a powerful force because he was effectively a saint and got shot for standing up for equal rights. This kid got shot because he charged a cop... see the difference?

I applaud people standing up for equal rights and putting a stop to discrimination etc.. but you sure as shit don't achieve that by rioting and looting and throwing rocks and firebombs at police lines. There's a time and place for that sort of escalation but it sure as shit isn't in the US regarding civil rights...

And yes the Police fucked up, but that doesn't excuse either sides behavior.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
26-08-2014, 09:41 PM
(20-08-2014 02:59 PM)TheBear Wrote:  MULTIPLE WITNESSES back up Wilson's version of what happened.

Not sure how reliable/credible this is, but thought I'd reference what I saw the interwebs...
26-08-2014, 10:50 PM
(26-08-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea that's the way Ferguson... riot, loot and throw molotov cocktails at police, that'll change the countries opinion about you...

The looters were most likely out-of-town opportunists.

(26-08-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The kid was on drugs and had earlier committed aggravated robbery (that wasn't piety theft. He walked in and intimidated the store owner and later man-handled him.).

So? You can test positive for THC for weeks after you smoke it, doesn't mean he was high at the moment, doesn't mean he was anything more than a recreational pot user; it certainly doesn't justify his death. Also, the cop was UNAWARE of both his drug use and the earlier robbery, so neither should have been factors in what happened.

Neither are crimes worthy of execution in the street.

But it's good to see that character assassination is still alive and well, and people still fall for it.

(26-08-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  He was not the right person to make some sort of black rights "matyr"...
All this is going to achieve is a few white cops MIGHT lose their job and white people will hate black people in Ferguson because they (black people) rioted and fucked up the town.

Except they're not rioting, they're protesting peacefully; and are being met with tanks and machine-guns aimed at them, teargas shot into the protests, and the systematic attempt to muzzle the press.

(26-08-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Whenever this kids story is brought up the drugs in his system and his earlier crime are going to be brought up right along side it.

Once again, irrelevant in regards to what happened between Michael Brown and the cop.

(26-08-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This kids story has no bite to it because of those downfalls.

14th Ammendment to the Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Equality before the law. What happened to Brown does not appear to be at all justified in context, and almost certainly wouldn't have happened if he was white. Ferguson has a history of racial tension, and a lot of that stemming form an almost entirely white police force consisting almost entirely of out of town cops. They're not part of the community, they're not officers of the peace; they're treating the citizens obstinately under their 'care' as the enemy, and acting with all the grace of an occupying military force.

(26-08-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Martin Luther King Jnr was such a powerful force because he was effectively a saint and got shot for standing up for equal rights. This kid got shot because he charged a cop... see the difference?

MLKJ also had many extra martial affairs, associated with communists, and probably plagiarized part of his doctoral thesis; still irrelevant to his message. None of that justified his assassination, just as Brown's pot usage and theft don't justify his killing.

(26-08-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I applaud people standing up for equal rights and putting a stop to discrimination etc.. but you sure as shit don't achieve that by rioting and looting and throwing rocks and firebombs at police lines.

Zero evidence for firebombs or Molotov's. The police have body armor, riot shields, and fucking tanks; and they respond to thrown rocks and water bottles with teargas and death threats. Neither the rocks or the water bottles can hurt them, and they respond to those with overwhelming force. They're not keepers of the peace, they're cops with toys and they're itching to use them on their own citizens. It's a travesty of law enforcement.

(26-08-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  There's a time and place for that sort of escalation but it sure as shit isn't in the US regarding civil rights...

If not now, when? Here in the United States, I can drive across the country without fear of being stopped and accosted by police simply because I am white. If I were black, statistically I would get pulled over any number of times for no other reason than the color of my skin. Racism still exists, it is institutionalized, and the laws are not applied equally. You would NEVER see this police response in an affluent white community. But look at the media smear campaign, trying their best to undermine American citizens expressing their Constitutionally protect right to protest, and dismissing them as rioters.

(26-08-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And yes the Police fucked up, but that doesn't excuse either sides behavior.

The police are beyond fucked up, and the protesters (and the press covering them) don't warrant this response. They are American citizens expressing their protected civil rights, not a foreign occupying force. If the police see the protesters as their enemy, instead of the citizens they are sworn and duty bound to protect and serve, that is the problem!

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
26-08-2014, 11:22 PM
(26-08-2014 10:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  that is the problem!

The problem is knee-jerk reaction from every party involved in this situation.

Nobody who has responded in any way, from either side, has done so intelligently or with any intention of handling things like rational human beings. Every reaction so far has been born from a preconceived notion about how things should be, but not about what the actual facts about this situation are, because nobody has any straight facts yet.

That is the problem. You can't expect to make an effective statement on how society should act when you prematurely throw all of your eggs into a basket that nobody has a clear head about in the first place.

I sympathize with the peaceful protestors and I agree with their complaint of unfair treatment and most likely profiling and abuse by the police, but I can't say that this situation helps their argument because I haven't heard any confirming evidence one way or another as to whether or not the shooting was justified.

The troublemakers who are looting and assaulting police deserve what they get because that behavior is unacceptable by anyone for any reason, and it's sad that they are inciting the police to use more force against even the peaceful people who deserve to be heard.

There is no winner here, even this thread is evidence that we are unable to put our own shit down for a second and just talk about what really needs to happen. This isn't about another black kid shot by a white cop, it's about a struggle for power in a country that can't handle its own growing pains because violence is all it has ever known and lack of education and common goddamn sense is the reason that we can't and won't get past it any time soon.

I honestly don't understand what it is that makes everyone so blind.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Quote:The looters were most likely out-of-town opportunists.

But it happened because Ferguson people were rioting.

Quote:So? You can test positive for THC for weeks after you smoke it, doesn't mean he was high at the moment, doesn't mean he was anything more than a recreational pot user; it certainly doesn't justify his death. Also, the cop was UNAWARE of both his drug use and the earlier robbery, so neither should have been factors in what happened.

You took that quote out of context. I'm not saying that's an excuse to shoot the kid.
I'm saying that's what is going to be brought up every time his name is mentioned.

Quote:Except they're not rioting, they're protesting peacefully; and are being met with tanks and machine-guns aimed at them, teargas shot into the protests, and the systematic attempt to muzzle the press.

They got teargassed when they threw firebombs at police.

Quote:Once again, irrelevant in regards to what happened between Michael Brown and the cop.

I never said it was relevant. I'm not commenting on the shooting, I'm commenting on the riots.

Quote:Equality before the law. What happened to Brown does not appear to be at all justified in context, and almost certainly wouldn't have happened if he was white. Ferguson has a history of racial tension, and a lot of that stemming form an almost entirely white police force consisting almost entirely of out of town cops. They're not part of the community, they're not officers of the peace; they're treating the citizens obstinately under their 'care' as the enemy, and acting with all the grace of an occupying military force.

I'm not commenting on Ferguson's situation either, I'm simple commenting on the riots.

Quote:MLKJ also had many extra martial affairs, associated with communists, and probably plagiarized part of his doctoral thesis; still irrelevant to his message. None of that justified his assassination, just as Brown's pot usage and theft don't justify his killing.

I never said it justified his killing.
And just to say, an affair is hardly equal to an aggravated robbery...

Quote:Zero evidence for firebombs or Molotov's.

I'm just relaying what I read in the news.

Quote:If not now, when? Here in the United States, I can drive across the country without fear of being stopped and accosted by police simply because I am white. If I were black, statistically I would get pulled over any number of times for no other reason than the color of my skin. Racism still exists, it is institutionalized, and the laws are not applied equally. You would NEVER see this police response in an affluent white community. But look at the media smear campaign, trying their best to undermine American citizens expressing their Constitutionally protect right to protest, and dismissing them as rioters.

Because they are riots.

Quote:The police are beyond fucked up, and the protesters (and the press covering them) don't warrant this response. They are American citizens expressing their protected civil rights, not a foreign occupying force. If the police see the protesters as their enemy, instead of the citizens they are sworn and duty bound to protect and serve, that is the problem!

Hey, I got an argument against the Police going a tad overboard... No doubt if there was a river deep enough they would sail an aircraft carrier up to police the town.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-08-2014, 05:33 PM
(27-08-2014 02:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:The looters were most likely out-of-town opportunists.

But it happened because Ferguson people were rioting.

Nope. Not what happened MuffinStuffin. Popo saw a bunch of darkies massing for a street protest and their initial response was SWAT, riot gear, armored vehicles, machine guns and teargas and stun grenades 'cause you know, they're darkies and shit. Popo wasn't responding to riots, popo iwas inciting riots.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post