Brownback sees the light.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Brownback sees the light.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/us...oogle.com/

Finally we're going to be rid of this fucker, but he's moving up. Ambassador of religious freedom? To the rest of the world? Dafuq does that even mean?

Phew, at least he's not in any position to actually do anything anymore. At least here in kansas. He's done enough damage.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
26-07-2017, 09:14 PM
RE: Brownback sees the light.
That has to be Pence's handiwork

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
26-07-2017, 09:17 PM
"Religious ambassador"? That's 'murrican for 21st-century crusades, ain't it? Bringing democracy *and* Jesus to them brown folk all over the world, eh? Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
26-07-2017, 11:11 PM
(26-07-2017 09:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/us...oogle.com/

Finally we're going to be rid of this fucker, but he's moving up. Ambassador of religious freedom? To the rest of the world? Dafuq does that even mean?

Phew, at least he's not in any position to actually do anything anymore. At least here in kansas. He's done enough damage.

I think they call that "being kicked upstairs". Nice title, commensurate office, the occasional photo-op with someone more important than Norman Dinkelstadt of Bootlick, KS, population 56.

Now he can go argue with the Saudis about how their god is false and his is true.

The only real shame is that we're stuck paying his salary.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-07-2017, 11:25 PM
"...the Office of International Religious Freedom"

Holy shit this sounds like something from the Onion.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
26-07-2017, 11:26 PM
(26-07-2017 11:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Now he can go argue with the Saudis about how their god is false and his is true.

The only real shame is that we're stuck paying his salary.

Let him. And as a Kansan I propose we as a state pay his salary as long as he stays the fuck out. It would be well worth the investment. I'd almost support a special tax just to see that happen.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
26-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Send him to Yemen and tell him not to come back until he converts all the fuckers or dies trying.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
26-07-2017, 11:46 PM
If you were to call someone in Australia a "brownback" it'd immediately suggest all sorts of negative connotations—and none of them... uh... savoury. Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-07-2017, 11:36 AM
(26-07-2017 11:25 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  "...the Office of International Religious Freedom"

I know, right? I never heard of such an office until today (maybe they just created it today?), and I'm still scratching my head over that title. The only "religious freedom" our current government would care about is the freedom to be Christian -- and to push that on everyone else. I can't believe they're the least bit concerned about religious freedom for Jews or Muslims or atheists.

I have to admit that the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw this headline was "I'll bet the people of Kansas are happy about this!" If only they would have taken Walker (governor of Wisconsin) too!
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
27-07-2017, 12:33 PM
(27-07-2017 11:36 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 11:25 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  "...the Office of International Religious Freedom"

I know, right? I never heard of such an office until today (maybe they just created it today?), and I'm still scratching my head over that title. The only "religious freedom" our current government would care about is the freedom to be Christian -- and to push that on everyone else. I can't believe they're the least bit concerned about religious freedom for Jews or Muslims or atheists.

The Office of International Religious Freedom...defending your right to say "Merry Christmas" no matter where the fuck you live...

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post