Bruce Jenner and other Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Bruce Jenner and other Christians
As some of you might know my daughter is transgender. She started her transition when she was 20 and is now in college and incredibly happy. Anyway, when she first told me she was transgender I sat down at the computer and learned as much as I could about it.

http://www.cakeworld.info/transsexualism...milarities

Some of the Christians I know haven't spoken to me since they found out. Meh, no great loss and actually it was a great reason to dissociate myself from them and find out who my real friends are.

But when Bruce Jenner came out as transgender I did a kind of a quick look at comments on different news feeds to see how much hate was out there, and yup, it's a lot. It seems to be most prevalent in the US and mostly among Christians. Somehow hating gender and sex variance is quite acceptable among many Christians and it doesn't matter that Bruce Jenner is also Christian, religious hate trumps everything.

It's so frustrating. Just sayin'.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-04-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: Bruce Jenner and other Christians
(29-04-2015 09:44 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  As some of you might know my daughter is transgender. She started her transition when she was 20 and is now in college and incredibly happy. Anyway, when she first told me she was transgender I sat down at the computer and learned as much as I could about it.

Some of the Christians I know haven't spoken to me since they found out. Meh, no great loss and actually it was a great reason to dissociate myself from them and find out who my real friends are.

But when Bruce Jenner came out as transgender I did a kind of a quick look at comments on different news feeds to see how much hate was out there, and yup, it's a lot. It seems to be most prevalent in the US and mostly among Christians. Somehow hating gender and sex variance is quite acceptable among many Christians and it doesn't matter that Bruce Jenner is also Christian, religious hate trumps everything.

I watched the Bruce Jenner interview. I expected Christians to go crazy over it. One of the (many) reasons I left the church was due to all of the hate and all of the dictating to others how they should live their own lives. As a straight woman, I fit into their little mold of what christians "think" is the appropriate way to be--however, it always bothered me when they would look down on others who weren't just like them. The fact that your daughter is happy is all that matters.
[+] 9 users Like jennybee's post
29-04-2015, 10:09 AM
(29-04-2015 09:44 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  As some of you might know my daughter is transgender. She started her transition when she was 20 and is now in college and incredibly happy. Anyway, when she first told me she was transgender I sat down at the computer and learned as much as I could about it.

Firstly, good for you and your daughter! I'm glad you sat down and took the time to do the research for this. Not many parents would do that in your situation. In fact, mostly everyone in my family would probably shun the ever living hell out of the person for even mentioning it. Hoping to change that with my generation, but we'll see. I hope one day, if this were ever a situation in my family, my son and daughter could each at least come up and express these types of things to me.

The hate in the US is astoundingly high. Someone being transgender doesn't affect me in the slightest, like, at all. So why should I even express a hate towards it?

The only reason they have for hating it is because God tells them it's "not natural/right/abomination/whatever". Otherwise, it doesn't matter.
[+] 3 users Like Dusky's post
29-04-2015, 10:24 AM
I didn't watch the whole interview with Bruce but I did catch a few things that he said that I didn't understand at all. When he said he has always thought of himself as a woman and then he said he was completely heterosexual (only sleeping with women), that did not make sense to me.

There was a woman that use to frequent the bar my family owned who had previously been a man and she also told me that she only likes women. So, would that have made her hetero as a man and Lesbian now as a woman?
[+] 1 user Likes OceanTherapist's post
29-04-2015, 10:29 AM
(29-04-2015 10:24 AM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  I didn't watch the whole interview with Bruce but I did catch a few things that he said that I didn't understand at all. When he said he has always thought of himself as a woman and then he said he was completely heterosexual (only sleeping with women), that did not make sense to me.

There was a woman that use to frequent the bar my family owned who had previously been a man and she also told me that she only likes women. So, would that have made her hetero as a man and Lesbian now as a woman?

I watched the whole interview and this is how they described it: "Sexuality is who you go to bed WITH. Gender is who you go to bed AS."
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
29-04-2015, 10:31 AM
(29-04-2015 10:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 10:24 AM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  I didn't watch the whole interview with Bruce but I did catch a few things that he said that I didn't understand at all. When he said he has always thought of himself as a woman and then he said he was completely heterosexual (only sleeping with women), that did not make sense to me.

I watched the whole interview and this is how they described it: "Sexuality is who you go to bed WITH. Gender is who you go to bed AS."

So since he thinks of himself as a woman, would he go to bed as a woman and then be considered a lesbian?

Or since he still is "technically" a man physically, he would go to bed with a woman as a heterosexual?
29-04-2015, 10:33 AM
(29-04-2015 10:31 AM)Dusky Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 10:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I watched the whole interview and this is how they described it: "Sexuality is who you go to bed WITH. Gender is who you go to bed AS."

So since he thinks of himself as a woman, would he go to bed as a woman and then be considered a lesbian?

Or since he still is "technically" a man physically, he would go to bed with a woman as a heterosexual?

I dunno...why do we need labels in society anyway?

PS I'm not that interested in Bruce Jenner's sex life lol
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
29-04-2015, 10:36 AM
It has to be a tricky tap dance for Christians to reconcile the notion of people being transgender with a belief in an all-knowing overseer who creates each of us as individuals and doesn't make mistakes. Being transgender means second-guessing the Almighty's plan for you and your body and I would imagine most Christians, or theists of just about any stripe, would oppose something like that. As far as Bruce Jenner, I couldn't give a shit. He'll mean as little to me as a woman as he always did as a man.
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post
29-04-2015, 10:41 AM
(29-04-2015 10:36 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  It has to be a tricky tap dance for Christians to reconcile the notion of people being transgender with a belief in an all-knowing overseer who creates each of us as individuals and doesn't make mistakes. Being transgender means second-guessing the Almighty's plan for you and your body and I would imagine most Christians, or theists of just about any stripe, would oppose something like that. As far as Bruce Jenner, I couldn't give a shit. He'll mean as little to me as a woman as he always did as a man.

Not a fan of the Kardashians? lol
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-04-2015, 10:41 AM
(29-04-2015 10:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 10:31 AM)Dusky Wrote:  So since he thinks of himself as a woman, would he go to bed as a woman and then be considered a lesbian?

I dunno...why do we need labels in society anyway?

PS I'm not that interested in Bruce Jenner's sex life lol

As long as the two people who are sleeping together are consensual, what does it matter what everyone else feels the need to label them as?
At the end of the day, it's still just two people who like each other enough to have sex, and it's nobody elses business.
The obsession with knowing who's doing who, and in what manner is silly.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post