Bruce Jenner and other Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Bruce Jenner and other Christians
Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about Ms. Jenner with the media cramming him/her down our throats. I have no problem with him transitioning, that's all fine and dandy. But he's quite the attention whore.

There are men and women, boys and girls, all over the world going through this transitioning and don't have or need to the nation's support or contempt.

This probably has more to do with my disdain of pseudo celebrities and the hoards of American morons gobbling up their filmed lives. You do you Bruce, but it says a lot about this country's population that this is such headline news.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
02-06-2015, 07:39 PM
I guess I feel like if it brings awareness to the issue and ultimately helps even in a small way with acceptance of transgender people, he can be as much of a media whore as he wants.

Speaking of Caitlyn Jenner and Christians one of my family members posted a link to this delightful blog post on their wall which ended up on mine:

https://emilysuzanne11.wordpress.com/201...ot-a-hero/

The last sentence really sums this "loving Christian's" point of view up well:

Quote:He is not a hero and he is not a woman. He is what we all are: lost, sinful, and desperately in need of Jesus. I pray he finds Him.

And to make it worse, my family member posted this with the comment: "This sums up my feelings exactly!"

No

AJ
02-06-2015, 07:54 PM
It's hard when people can't be who they are and feel they must adhere to some societal construct.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Her pictures were amazing!! I didn't know what to expect, but holy cow she is pretty hot. Rock it girl!! Heart

[Image: 556cbb02378caf0d670e5f10_caitlyn-jenner-...-vf-02.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
02-06-2015, 08:05 PM
(29-04-2015 09:44 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  As some of you might know my daughter is transgender. She started her transition when she was 20 and is now in college and incredibly happy. Anyway, when she first told me she was transgender I sat down at the computer and learned as much as I could about it.

http://www.cakeworld.info/transsexualism...milarities

Some of the Christians I know haven't spoken to me since they found out. Meh, no great loss and actually it was a great reason to dissociate myself from them and find out who my real friends are.

But when Bruce Jenner came out as transgender I did a kind of a quick look at comments on different news feeds to see how much hate was out there, and yup, it's a lot. It seems to be most prevalent in the US and mostly among Christians. Somehow hating gender and sex variance is quite acceptable among many Christians and it doesn't matter that Bruce Jenner is also Christian, religious hate trumps everything.

It's so frustrating. Just sayin'.

It might be frustrating, from one angle, but from another angle, this is good. All the hate, all the intolerance redounds to the deficit of people who claim to follow rules like "love thy neighbor" and "treat others as you'd have them treat you" ... in the sense that it shows exactly how vacuous their faith truly is.

It's a long, hard slog towards tolerance and acceptance, and I applaud Caitlyn for stepping into the line of fire knowing how much shit she's going to catch, simply because she knows that if she doesn't, who will?

Christianity is a hateful faith. It first teaches believers to hate themselves, and it then teaches them to hate others so that they might please the object of their worship.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-06-2015, 08:14 PM
(29-04-2015 10:31 AM)Dusky Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 10:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I watched the whole interview and this is how they described it: "Sexuality is who you go to bed WITH. Gender is who you go to bed AS."

So since he thinks of himself as a woman, would he go to bed as a woman and then be considered a lesbian?

Or since he still is "technically" a man physically, he would go to bed with a woman as a heterosexual?

Why does that matter? I treat with a person the way they treat with me.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Well she sold her story to "E" and it'll all be on Tee Wee later this Summer.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-06-2015, 08:24 PM
(29-04-2015 11:53 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about Ms. Jenner with the media cramming him/her down our throats. I have no problem with him transitioning, that's all fine and dandy. But he's quite the attention whore.

There are men and women, boys and girls, all over the world going through this transitioning and don't have or need to the nation's support or contempt.

This probably has more to do with my disdain of pseudo celebrities and the hoards of American morons gobbling up their filmed lives. You do you Bruce, but it says a lot about this country's population that this is such headline news.

You realize that a famous person can't just drop out, right? The media will start asking, "Where did he go?" I don't think getting ahead of the press in this case is "attention-whoring". I think it's a matter of understanding that the press is going to be beating your doors down no matter what, and it's probably better to be ahead of the curve. And it's indeed possible that she is using her difficulties in order to reach out to others in the same boat.

I haven't watched TV in years, so I had to learn from my girlfriend about this entire brouhaha, so maybe I can join you in the enlightened box seats, no? We can feign disdain together as we buttress our withered self-esteem together, no?

Me, I think you're not glimpsing this from any other perspective than your own, and I think it's uncharitable. If you so dislike the story and its presence, you should probably change the channel, or stop clicking on threads about it, I reckon. Maybe read a book?
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-06-2015, 08:33 PM
All I can say is, "What if Thumpalumpacus had a lisp?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-06-2015, 09:40 PM
(29-04-2015 11:53 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about Ms. Jenner with the media cramming him/her down our throats. I have no problem with him transitioning, that's all fine and dandy. But he's quite the attention whore.

It's difficult when the person is famous already. If Caitlyn had and been a private person she'd probably have transitioned long ago and in private.

When my daughter transitioned she pretty much hid from the world for over a year. She tried to keep it to herself. She wanted it very private but a few friends from high school got wind of it when they saw her in a supermarket and haven't spoken to her since. Fortunately her very best friend from high school supported her and they're still best friends. It's interesting that this loyal friend is from an atheist family. Very interesting indeed.

When one transitions from male to female it's best to do it before the age of 24 or 25. After this age the testosterone has settled in the male body like stone and it's more difficult to shake it's effects on muscle and bone. My daughter started at 19 to transition after two years of therapy and no one who meets her now has any idea she's transgender. She's very pretty.

One great thing, besides having a very happy daughter, is that while looking around the internet for people who might be more understanding and open minded about this and other topics, I stumbled onto this nutso forum with all you fellow wacky atheists. It's a win, win situation. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post