Bruce Jenner and other Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2015, 05:28 AM
RE: Bruce Jenner and other Christians
(02-06-2015 08:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 11:53 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about Ms. Jenner with the media cramming him/her down our throats. I have no problem with him transitioning, that's all fine and dandy. But he's quite the attention whore.

There are men and women, boys and girls, all over the world going through this transitioning and don't have or need to the nation's support or contempt.

This probably has more to do with my disdain of pseudo celebrities and the hoards of American morons gobbling up their filmed lives. You do you Bruce, but it says a lot about this country's population that this is such headline news.

You realize that a famous person can't just drop out, right? The media will start asking, "Where did he go?" I don't think getting ahead of the press in this case is "attention-whoring". I think it's a matter of understanding that the press is going to be beating your doors down no matter what, and it's probably better to be ahead of the curve. And it's indeed possible that she is using her difficulties in order to reach out to others in the same boat.

I haven't watched TV in years, so I had to learn from my girlfriend about this entire brouhaha, so maybe I can join you in the enlightened box seats, no? We can feign disdain together as we buttress our withered self-esteem together, no?

Me, I think you're not glimpsing this from any other perspective than your own, and I think it's uncharitable. If you so dislike the story and its presence, you should probably change the channel, or stop clicking on threads about it, I reckon. Maybe read a book?

Me? I think if I want to share my opinion on the matter I'm free to do so. And there's hardly a channel on tv not blabbing on about it. Hell I even went to my sports forum and it was being discussed.

But what you missed was my real issue with the "story". It has little to do with Bruce/Caitlyn. It has much more to do with the fact that this is a national news craze. This is a national news story? This nation has real problems, real issues, and average Joe and Jane are stuffing their face with the gender issues of a man who has been whoring himself out to reality TV for the last 7 years. By the way, didn't he/she just kill someone in a car wreck? This is just more "shock TV" for the herd.

For some this story is relevant, and understandably so. It is positive for some to know "they are not alone", so to speak. That's its okay and it will be okay. But do not laud Bruce Jenner as a hero.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
03-06-2015, 08:24 AM
(02-06-2015 08:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All I can say is, "What if Thumpalumpacus had a lisp?"

Actually, I do, just a little, due to having knocked out a couple of front teeth in a cycling accident.
03-06-2015, 08:31 AM
(03-06-2015 05:28 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Me? I think if I want to share my opinion on the matter I'm free to do so. And there's hardly a channel on tv not blabbing on about it. Hell I even went to my sports forum and it was being discussed.

Take a deep breath. No one is telling you you cannot opine.

Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:But what you missed was my real issue with the "story". It has little to do with Bruce/Caitlyn. It has much more to do with the fact that this is a national news craze. This is a national news story? This nation has real problems, real issues, and average Joe and Jane are stuffing their face with the gender issues of a man who has been whoring himself out to reality TV for the last 7 years. By the way, didn't he/she just kill someone in a car wreck? This is just more "shock TV" for the herd.

I agree that TV is by and large a useless medium. But if you think that your problem "has little to do with Bruce/Caitlyn", why call her an "attention-whore"? That's an entirely different kettle of fish than complaints about vapid media.

(03-06-2015 05:28 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  For some this story is relevant, and understandably so. It is positive for some to know "they are not alone", so to speak. That's its okay and it will be okay. But do not laud Bruce Jenner as a hero.

To some, she is, because she's opening a dialogue about what is generally a taboo subject. Calling her an "attention-whore" is going the full-stop opposite, though; and as I said earlier, an uncharitable view of things.
03-06-2015, 09:18 AM
(03-06-2015 05:28 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 08:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You realize that a famous person can't just drop out, right? The media will start asking, "Where did he go?" I don't think getting ahead of the press in this case is "attention-whoring". I think it's a matter of understanding that the press is going to be beating your doors down no matter what, and it's probably better to be ahead of the curve. And it's indeed possible that she is using her difficulties in order to reach out to others in the same boat.

I haven't watched TV in years, so I had to learn from my girlfriend about this entire brouhaha, so maybe I can join you in the enlightened box seats, no? We can feign disdain together as we buttress our withered self-esteem together, no?

Me, I think you're not glimpsing this from any other perspective than your own, and I think it's uncharitable. If you so dislike the story and its presence, you should probably change the channel, or stop clicking on threads about it, I reckon. Maybe read a book?

Me? I think if I want to share my opinion on the matter I'm free to do so. And there's hardly a channel on tv not blabbing on about it. Hell I even went to my sports forum and it was being discussed.

But what you missed was my real issue with the "story". It has little to do with Bruce/Caitlyn. It has much more to do with the fact that this is a national news craze. This is a national news story? This nation has real problems, real issues, and average Joe and Jane are stuffing their face with the gender issues of a man who has been whoring himself out to reality TV for the last 7 years. By the way, didn't he/she just kill someone in a car wreck? This is just more "shock TV" for the herd.

For some this story is relevant, and understandably so. It is positive for some to know "they are not alone", so to speak. That's its okay and it will be okay. But do not laud Bruce Jenner as a hero.

Well, it's true, the news media is always looking for an interesting story and they suck the life out of anything they get a hold of, but Jenner herself I don't think had any choice but to be public about it. If she had tried to do it privately the paparazzi would have been lurking behind every bush, chasing her down like an animal, so this was probably the only way to get control of the situation.

I don't have cable so I've never watched the show about the Kardashians. A couple of people I know who have watched it told me that Jenner was actually the best behaved of the entire family. They said the Caitlyn was kinda quiet and reserved on the show. So there's that.

From what I know about the accident Jenner was hit from behind which sent her careening across the road head on into another car which killed the driver. There were three or four cars involved. She did stop and help and stayed at the scene during the entire time.

I know you're sick of the subject, I understand that, but if you have time and want to learn more about the brain of transgender people you might want to check out the many scientific studies. There's probably more physical evidence in the brain for transgenderism than being gay.

http://aebrain.blogspot.com.au/p/transse...ntity.html

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-06-2015, 09:24 AM
I think it's damn inconsiderate of her to change gender in the middle of a discussion. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Fair play to Jenner and all that, and I hope all works out ok for Caitlyn. I don't really give a fuck. But I will say that Jenner and the rest of the Kardashians thrive on attention. If there was no paparazzi outside restaurants etc... it would mean their agents are not doing their job. Now that all is in the open Jenner can go away now and lead a quieter life, or are we going to get the Caitlyn Jenner Show going up against the Kardashians in the tv ratings?

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
03-06-2015, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 02:35 PM by Mathilda.)
I always thought it would be hilarious if a post-op lesbian trans woman went off to one of those gay conversion camps you get in the US. She could go through the whole course and only then come out about her medical history at the end after they had spent all that time trying to get her to like men.

Although some right wing American Christians like Pat Robertson don't really care if you had to transition first, as long as you fit into one society's gender roles properly. I think this is actually the crux of the matter. People get uncomfortable with things that they are not familiar with and in a society with strict gender roles you rarely see people bridging the gap.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
03-06-2015, 12:50 PM
(29-04-2015 11:14 AM)Dusky Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 10:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I dunno...why do we need labels in society anyway?

PS I'm not that interested in Bruce Jenner's sex life lol

Not sure, but if people insist on using labels, I just want to be sure I'm using them correctly I suppose.

Labels are kinda important. Without them nobody knows what the fuck anyone is talking about.
03-06-2015, 12:58 PM
(03-06-2015 12:50 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 11:14 AM)Dusky Wrote:  Not sure, but if people insist on using labels, I just want to be sure I'm using them correctly I suppose.

Labels are kinda important. Without them nobody knows what the fuck anyone is talking about.

You wouldn't be able to figure out what was going on if you saw two men or two women walking down the street, holding hands, passionately kissing each other without a label? A man who once was Bruce Jenner and who now goes by Kaitlyn Jenner--you would need a label to tell you that this is someone who now identifies as a woman?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-06-2015, 01:16 PM
(03-06-2015 12:41 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I always thought it would be hilarious if a post-op lesbian trans woman went off to one of those gay conversion camps you get in the US. She could go through the whole course and only them come out about her medical history at the end after they had spent all that time trying to get her to like men.

Although some right wing American Christians like Pat Robertson don't really care if you had to transition first, as long as you fit into one society's gender roles properly. I think this is actually the crux of the matter. People get uncomfortable with things that they are not familiar with and in a society with strict gender roles you rarely see people bridging the gap.

I also think the US has the most rigid gender expectations of all the industrialized countries. It's a gender binary system with zero gradation between 0 and 1. It's changing but very slowly. The rise of atheism and the non religious might help speed things up though.

In Iran being gay goes against god. They pressure gay people to change their gender so they fit into the expectations of the sexes and I think the government even pays for the surgery. Some who have had the operation are totally messed up and very unhappy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29832690

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.