Budapest, here I come!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2017 04:05 AM by OakTree500.)
Budapest, here I come!
Tomorrow morning, I fly out to Budapest for a stag party! I imagine I'll be drunk 99% of the time, but I will try to get some sights in as well Smile

I've never been but hear it is amazing over there, so will report back with pictures Big Grin

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like OakTree500's post
14-06-2017, 06:33 AM
RE: Budapest, here I come!
Have fun! Why do I think this is going to turn out like that movie The Hangover? Tongue
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-06-2017, 07:03 AM
(14-06-2017 06:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Have fun! Why do I think this is going to turn out like that movie The Hangover? Tongue

Cheers Jenny!

I've been on stag party's before, but this is going to be something very different lol. Me and most of my friends are in the frame of mind of "find a good pub, get a beer in, and chat/have a laugh" which is what we've done before normally, albeit through several different pubs.

This time around, the stag is very much a "WOOHOO" type of person, and has requested that this be stereotypical stag stuff, which includes dressing up [on 2 different days]/lots of drinking/various strip clubs (probably)/Stag dressed as a women....and so on lol.

It'll be more Hangover than anything I think Laugh out load

If I can, I'll get some pictures, but I may end up forgetting and waking up in a dumpster or something.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
14-06-2017, 07:11 AM
(14-06-2017 07:03 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 06:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Have fun! Why do I think this is going to turn out like that movie The Hangover? Tongue

Cheers Jenny!

I've been on stag party's before, but this is going to be something very different lol. Me and most of my friends are in the frame of mind of "find a good pub, get a beer in, and chat/have a laugh" which is what we've done before normally, albeit through several different pubs.

This time around, the stag is very much a "WOOHOO" type of person, and has requested that this be stereotypical stag stuff, which includes dressing up [on 2 different days]/lots of drinking/various strip clubs (probably)/Stag dressed as a women....and so on lol.

It'll be more Hangover than anything I think Laugh out load

If I can, I'll get some pictures, but I may end up forgetting and waking up in a dumpster or something.

Now I really can't wait to see the pictures Wink Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Ha! I promise to bring some back then Big Grin

14-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Be careful of the hookers. It can be hard to tell what's underneath all that hair.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-06-2017, 07:48 AM
My son and daughter have visited (each on separate occasions). Both LOVED it!
The bike rentals are great and apparently there's a water park that's lots of fun but the rides seemed quite "sketchy".
Quite the party town Smile
Have fun, stay safe!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
― Bertrand Russell
14-06-2017, 08:06 AM
(14-06-2017 07:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Be careful of the hookers. It can be hard to tell what's underneath all that hair.
HA! Don't worry about that, I won't be doing anything like that. The stag on the other hand...I'll leave it with him lol.

(14-06-2017 07:48 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  My son and daughter have visited (each on separate occasions). Both LOVED it!
The bike rentals are great and apparently there's a water park that's lots of fun but the rides seemed quite "sketchy".
Quite the party town Smile
Have fun, stay safe!
Awesome stuff Smile I know a few people who have been and all say they loved it as well. I will indeed be doing my best to not get beaten up, so no worries Smile

19-06-2017, 03:10 AM
I'm back, and mostly still alive.

Pics + report to follow shortly....possibly after I've been to sleep for a few days Laugh out load

21-06-2017, 04:20 AM
I'm fairly well rested now, after 4 days on the trot with 0 hours of sleep and LOTS of beers, so will do a brief report. Am only going to include some shots I took, as the ones I personally am in are group ones, so don't want friends of mine to ask why they are on an Atheist forum lol. [Pics at the end of the post]

What Went Down
We set off from England, at about 5AM, to catch the plane over to Budapest for 6:30am . "we're all a bit more mature than we used to be, I can't see us drinking that much", says I, full of hope. How quick that changed when we'd had 3 beers before we got on the plane.

Once we landed, we had a tour guide type lady who ferried us over to the apartment we'd be staying at. 'Apartment' was a very loose word to use, as it used to be an apartment, but via some terrible DIY from the owners, the room was slowly turning into a bar/hostel. The only problem was, it looks like they have 0 knowledge of building things, and various structures were held up by random wooden beams and screws....and it looks very unsafe lol. The good news was, it had a fridge (for the beer) and beds, so what more could you ask for on a stag party?

We hit the town early on, did some more drinking, went back to the Bar-partment, and changed into....ARMY GEAR lol. The lads and I all dressed in generic camouflage stuff, and painted our faces various shades of green. Two of the lads went full on dress up and have like riot gear + helmets lol. The stag had a camo "crop-top" and camo tutu Laugh out load From there, our guide took us round the best "ruin bars" that Budapest had to offer. (Ruin bars are like pubs/bars built in derelict buildings and are all the rage over there). We got free beer + shots the entire time, as part of the thing we'd booked, and it got messy.....VERY quickly lol. We all got separated at one point, and I went back to the room around 5am-ish. The bad news was nobody was home, and I didn't have a key for the room....so I went to sleep on a balcony-esque type thing, until somebody else turned up haha.

One of our lads didn't stroll in until 9am, as he'd gotten on a tram in the early hours, fallen asleep, and woken up back at the airport. He'd also been robbed of his phone/money....so took him a while to get back.

Day 2: We were up and about early, hit the town for more beer, and went sight see-ing to Buda castle. It's at the top of this giant hill with something like 9000 steps....and was INSANE to climb lol. The weather over there was fairly hot as well, so we'd all just about died when getting up there. More beer, then back to the room for prep on our second dress up.....PIRATE gear. We dressed all a bit generically and had eye patches/bandanna's, stuff like that. Stag went as a Pirate wench, including dress, earrings and stockings Laugh out load

This night was a few more bars, but we also got a nice 2 course meal thrown in, which included some local food, which was VERY nice. Goulash is awesome if you ever get the chance to eat it Smile Following the food, our stag was treated to a private strip show, from an amazingly good looking lady. Half-way through, she blindfolded him and left the room. Her replacement was an obscenely large lady, who finished his dance session Laugh out load

Side note to this: The large lady also went around the group, as we stood at the back of room whooping/cheering etc. She grinding on one guy, got one bloke to motorboat her silly. And then she came to me, and full on slapped me across the face LOL. I wasn't expecting that I can tell you.

After that, we headed out into the night, and down to the bay for a boat party! Basically it's a giant boat, full of people, heads up and down the river a bit with dance music on, and you get as much drink as you like. Another very heavy session was had there Laugh out load

Side note to this: The boat people said "it's tradition to kiss somebody as we pass under the bridges", most people "woooo'd" and obliged, although as I'm a married man, I mentioned that I'll pass on this. I was, however, kissed against my will....by the stags brother Laugh out load

Finally, we got taken to some random night club to end the evening. I'll be honest, I don't mind night clubs, and have been to my fair share of them over the years. I even consider myself a handy dancer as well, but I just was not in the mood for it. Told some of the lads I'll head out and try to find a pub/something a bit quieter, and proceeded to get lost round Budapest. I kept making wrong turns and was walking about for about 2 hours on my own lol. The only plus to all of this was I got to see a lot of the city, that I wouldn't have done before haha.

Day 3: Final day, and we didn't really do a whole lot. Up and about early doors again, more bars for drinking, and had a day in one of the Turkish baths. Highly recommend that if anybody goes, basically a public swimming bath, and all the water is naturally heated from the hot springs so it's AWESOME lol. Went out at night for some food, and then stayed out drinking again until the early hours, where we then headed back to the airport for the flight home.

The Good
The sights, The city itself, The prices [Everything is DIRT cheap over there, I took £200 and came back with £140 lol], The locals are very hospitable even though it's full of holiday makers/stag doo's making a mess.

The Bad
Some area's are very run down, there is a large drug culture over there which lead to our group being offered drugs like 10 times by various different people [if it's your thing then cool, but not really for us], some of the social standards are very low. For example on several occasions I saw people just peeing in the street but like in full view of everybody, so that's not cool in my book.

Otherwise, it was an awesome trip, and I'd love to go again. Maybe with a smidge less drinking this time lol. I have some tales to tell as well, from the single lads that went with us, but I might save them for a later date haha.

TL;DR - I drank constantly for 4 days, didn't sleep much, then came home Smile

Pictures:

This was our Bar-Partment:
[Image: 9vekP6x.jpg?1]

My 'Bed' [Mattress on the floor] had 1980's wrestling sheets Laugh out load
[Image: M9Oyd4y.jpg?1]

Some random street art I saw:
[Image: H9p2qRo.jpg?1]

This was the castle:
[Image: uUAzuWz.jpg?1]

View from top of the giant hill:
[Image: qsmEwII.jpg?1]

And this is the Parliment building, taken from when were on the boat party Smile
[Image: Xh5qkZm.jpg?1]

[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post