Buddy Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2011, 10:01 AM
RE: Buddy Christ
(09-10-2011 02:24 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I've been thinking...

You know, maybe there IS a God and I'm here to tell you all about it. Here, drink this Kool-Aid.

Thanks for the shout out and the comforting support, but the truth is that life recently filled a sock with soapy bars of reality and started beating me mercilessly. I was given a sh!t sandwich with a cup of regret and disenchantment to wash it down.

In the span of a few months, I amassed too much debt to pay rent, became homeless and gave "sleeping out my car" a try, hit rock bottom and sold some "drugs" to pay off bills, got in trouble with the "police," and now I'm living on my sister's couch until I regroup and figure out what the hell is going on. Even the army refused to take me back because they don't need combat MOS's anymore in this war-free era.

I went from "distinguished smart young lad with a promising future" to "white trash felon who probably kills hookers for fun" before I knew what was happening. 28 years of doing the right thing and being a model citizen all gone to waste because of 2 months of financial hardship and a back-against-the-wall decision.

We'll see how this all turns out, but I probably won't be back on here for quite a while. At least if I go to prison, I'll have time to write a series of books and convert to Islam. Salam Alaikum!
Don't worry Jesus will always be your buddy no matter how much you question him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Passive aggressive comments like the one above have really began to piss me off. If we don't believe in Jesus why in the hell would we care if a fictional character loved us? It is as irrelevant as saying that Mickey Mouse loves you.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
13-10-2011, 12:16 PM
(13-10-2011 11:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Passive aggressive comments like the one above have really began to piss me off. If we don't believe in Jesus why in the hell would we care if a fictional character loved us? It is as irrelevant as saying that Mickey Mouse loves you.

Can you prove that Jesus does not exist, dude? If so I would love to see the data. As long as you shut him out you allow will yourself to never believe. He is knocking at your door right now.
13-10-2011, 12:23 PM
I hate to tell you this Jesus but by naming yourself thusly you have garaunteed your place in hell. For it is written :

Luke 12:10

"And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. "

and of course without forgiveness the doors to heaven shall not be opened.

Anyways this thread is about our good buddy BC, keep the drivel on other threads please. Respect for the fallen.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I checked my door and all I found was a sleazy door to door salesman. Prove that he did exist. The burden of proof is on the individual making the claim. If he loves us then he must exist. Prove it. There have been plenty of gods that predated Jesus who were born of a virgin, performed miracles that included turning water into wine and healing the sick, crucified and resurrected three days laters, etc, etc. These include Greek, Egyptian and other Pagan gods. Perhaps an individual that did exist was the basis for the Jesus legend but he was certainly no god and was no more the son of a god than Caeser was (and the Roman senate declared him to be the son of god). Show me the grave, show me the actual evidence of his miracles (other than an ancient textbook that contains other unsubstantiated and impossible stories like the flood and the creation). We do not believe in him because there is no evidence for him, at least no more evidence than there is for Mickey Mouse. He has books and movies too but that does not make him real. When you tell someone that "Jesus loves you" you are doing nothing more than trying to assert the claim that you think you are right and they are wrong. It is a passive aggressive tactic that is disrespectful and dishonest in it's intention. I don't care if you think I am wrong but don't pull that passive aggressive BS.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-10-2011, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 12:49 PM by Jesus H Christ.)
(13-10-2011 12:26 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I checked my door and all I found was a sleazy door to door salesman. Prove that he did exist. The burden of proof is on the individual making the claim. If he loves us then he must exist. Prove it. There have been plenty of gods that predated Jesus who were born of a virgin, performed miracles that included turning water into wine and healing the sick, crucified and resurrected three days laters, etc, etc. These include Greek, Egyptian and other Pagan gods. Perhaps an individual that did exist was the basis for the Jesus legend but he was certainly no god and was no more the son of a god than Caeser was (and the Roman senate declared him to be the son of god). Show me the grave, show me the actual evidence of his miracles (other than an ancient textbook that contains other unsubstantiated and impossible stories like the flood and the creation). We do not believe in him because there is no evidence for him, at least no more evidence than there is for Mickey Mouse. He has books and movies too but that does not make him real. When you tell someone that "Jesus loves you" you are doing nothing more than trying to assert the claim that you think you are right and they are wrong. It is a passive aggressive tactic that is disrespectful and dishonest in it's intention. I don't care if you think I am wrong but don't pull that passive aggressive BS.
So we agree then. There is no verifiable proof of a god. But there also is no verifiable proof that there is NOT a god. Both sides have no sure way of proving any of that.

"When you tell someone that "Jesus loves you" you are doing nothing more than trying to assert the claim that you think you are right and they are wrong."

You said it not I. I never said you were wrong and I was right. I simply said "Jesus loves you". And I stand by that. Its OK that you area bearded fossil. I'd be upset if I had less years to look forward to. I will include you in my prayers.

Jesus Loves You Bearded Fossil
(13-10-2011 12:23 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I hate to tell you this Jesus but by naming yourself thusly you have garaunteed your place in hell. For it is written :

Luke 12:10

"And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. "

and of course without forgiveness the doors to heaven shall not be opened.

Anyways this thread is about our good buddy BC, keep the drivel on other threads please. Respect for the fallen.
But if you don't believe in it then how can it be true? Quoting a book that you do not believe in seems a little hypocritical don't you think?

Plus I've never taken what a clown says anyways. So don't worry.
13-10-2011, 01:01 PM
You're the kind of troll that can occasionally be amusing.

But to clarify, quoting from a book I do not believe in is not hypocritical, telling others they should believe in it would be. I definitely don't condone belief in the bible. That's silly.

Also whether I believe in it or not isn't the verifying factor. It's whether you believe in it, and whether it IS true, that determines any sort of validity. Otherwise it doesn't make a lick of difference.

You're funny. Almost clown funny. I don't listen to clowns either.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
13-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Normally, I'd be pissed off and just keep it to myself. Here, I make an exception.

BC is a long time member of our forum, he is well respected, and an asset. This thread is about his hardship, and about our support for him.

Jesus H Christ,
Stay the fuck out of this thread. You have no place in it. Am I willing to go against my own rules, and abuse my administrative status to ensure you stay out of it? FUCK YES.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 10 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-10-2011, 10:18 PM
(13-10-2011 01:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  BC is a long time member of our forum, he is well respected, and an asset. This thread is about his hardship, and about our support for him.

If you started up a fund to help him with his legal defense, I'd contribute.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-10-2011, 10:21 PM
BC, I really hope things turn around for you. You seem adaptive and resilient, so I think you will find strength to push forward and get through this. I have been through tough times myself on the couches of families. I learned a lot if good things being there. Hope to see you around!