Buddy Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2011, 06:01 PM
RE: Buddy Christ
(13-10-2011 12:47 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  
(13-10-2011 12:26 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I checked my door and all I found was a sleazy door to door salesman. Prove that he did exist. The burden of proof is on the individual making the claim. If he loves us then he must exist. Prove it. There have been plenty of gods that predated Jesus who were born of a virgin, performed miracles that included turning water into wine and healing the sick, crucified and resurrected three days laters, etc, etc. These include Greek, Egyptian and other Pagan gods. Perhaps an individual that did exist was the basis for the Jesus legend but he was certainly no god and was no more the son of a god than Caeser was (and the Roman senate declared him to be the son of god). Show me the grave, show me the actual evidence of his miracles (other than an ancient textbook that contains other unsubstantiated and impossible stories like the flood and the creation). We do not believe in him because there is no evidence for him, at least no more evidence than there is for Mickey Mouse. He has books and movies too but that does not make him real. When you tell someone that "Jesus loves you" you are doing nothing more than trying to assert the claim that you think you are right and they are wrong. It is a passive aggressive tactic that is disrespectful and dishonest in it's intention. I don't care if you think I am wrong but don't pull that passive aggressive BS.
So we agree then. There is no verifiable proof of a god. But there also is no verifiable proof that there is NOT a god. Both sides have no sure way of proving any of that.

"When you tell someone that "Jesus loves you" you are doing nothing more than trying to assert the claim that you think you are right and they are wrong."

You said it not I. I never said you were wrong and I was right. I simply said "Jesus loves you". And I stand by that. Its OK that you area bearded fossil. I'd be upset if I had less years to look forward to. I will include you in my prayers.

Jesus Loves You Bearded Fossil
(13-10-2011 12:23 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I hate to tell you this Jesus but by naming yourself thusly you have garaunteed your place in hell. For it is written :

Luke 12:10

"And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. "

and of course without forgiveness the doors to heaven shall not be opened.

Anyways this thread is about our good buddy BC, keep the drivel on other threads please. Respect for the fallen.
But if you don't believe in it then how can it be true? Quoting a book that you do not believe in seems a little hypocritical don't you think?

Plus I've never taken what a clown says anyways. So don't worry.
You aren't doing yourself any good here. Coming from a fellow Christian, saying "You can't prove that God doesn't exist so therefore he exists" is not a good argument. I recommend doing some research on better arguments for theism and for the Christian God. PM me if you want help with that.

What you are doing right now though is borderlines trolling. BC is in a low spot and what you are doing is only going to piss off the people here and undermines your goal.

Now on topic:

Sorry about what happened BC, I wish you well. You seem like a bright person so I know you have what it takes to turn things around.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Spectre's post