Buddy/Ignore Lists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2011, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 09:27 AM by Hughsie.)
Buddy/Ignore Lists
Ok, at the risk of sounding pretty thick, what do the buddy and ignore lists actually do?

I've not used either since I've been here, am I missing out or are they not overly helpful anyway?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
09-11-2011, 06:26 PM
RE: Buddy/Ignore Lists
I don't use either, but I guess I reall can't. The buddy list doesn't really do much, but the ignore list is handy if you don't want to see posts from people that you can't stand. Only problem is that a thread can get out of context pretty fast if you are missing posts. Also someone on your ignore list can't PM you, but if someone PMs you when you've asked them not to, I'd rather you let me know. That is something I really won't tolerate. It's also an issue that has never come up inmy tenure as admin.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
09-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Wait a second. Is there some kind of tutorial thread that teaches people to work the odds and ends of this forum? If there isn't then someone should type one up outlining how to work everything. As you may have noticed. This forum contains people from the uh..."older" generation and they might not know how to work even the simple things. I'm not pointing fingers as I learned about this buddy/ignore thing just now. Just a suggestion.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
10-11-2011, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 04:59 AM by Filox.)
You are people from "older" generation!

Smile

I never used any of these things and don't see the point. If I want to ignore someone, I can just skip those threads/posts. If someone start to spam me on M, I can we very vengeful and be much worse to their inbox, so don't try it. Smile

On some other forums (where I am admin) we have a section with basic instructions and guidelines for people who don't use forums that often. I kinda have a feeling that people who come to TTA are already computer-literate enough to know how to use the forum. If you know how to use one, you know them all. But if you have time, yeah sure, why not do something like a tutorial...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
10-11-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm all for it if someone wants to volunteer.

Just visiting.

-SR
12-11-2011, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 04:08 AM by Filox.)
I would, but it's a bit hard to write something serious when I'm working and I have to stop writing every time someone walks into my shop... Unfortunately I don't have Internet home. And don't laugh, I don't have it because I don't want it. I don't have a phone, satellite or Internet and I'm loving it. I only have my mobile phone and several computers. If I get bored on job, I will try to at least start to write it. I will send it to you Stark on PM, so you can modify it and put it somewhere safe.

EDIT:

Done, now staff members need to fill in the blanks if they think it necessary.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-11-2011, 01:14 PM
(09-11-2011 10:59 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  This forum contains people from the uh..."older" generation and they might not know how to work even the simple things.

Oh, man. That is so true. We old farts need so much help!

Like, for example, the problem I'm having with the cup holder on my PC. Every time I turn off the computer the cup holder goes back in and crushes my cup of Starbucks. I'm tired of cleaning up spilled coffee! Anybody know what to do?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
12-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Ahahahhahahahahahahhah classic.

I had the same problem on my laptop but I fixed it by yanking on the cup holder until it stayed out once And for all! My laptop doesn't work anymore though so you may not want to try it.

Side note I have a non functioning laptop for sale with. Broken cup holder now.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
12-11-2011, 02:08 PM

I guess I am older than most of you kids Tongue here, but I still manage to find my keyboard, most of the time.

Never mind that, the other day, sipping my coffee at Tim Horton's, I overheard the conversation between 4 white-haired ladies (between 75 and 85, I guessed) talking about their grand-kids.

One of them said: "And I had to download that video from my Wi-Fi and then I skyped my granddaughter to let her know how great it was, and she asked me to email it to her and I had to zip it first because my connection isn't very fast for large videos ...."

Yes, us old farts are really hopeless! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Zatamon's post
12-11-2011, 02:56 PM
(09-11-2011 10:59 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Wait a second. Is there some kind of tutorial thread that teaches people to work the odds and ends of this forum? If there isn't then someone should type one up outlining how to work everything. As you may have noticed. This forum contains people from the uh..."older" generation and they might not know how to work even the simple things. I'm not pointing fingers as I learned about this buddy/ignore thing just now. Just a suggestion.

As a moron from the older generation I don't even know how to send a photo.
How about that?
Any way I dont think werewolves look good on line ....woof-woof.