Bug splatter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 08:40 PM
RE: Bug splatter
(27-06-2016 08:20 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  We have Mayflies here. In the spring they hatch and form swarms. They're actually kind of pretty but..
[Image: Mayfly3_new.jpg]

their swarms are very problematic. They even show up on radar looking like huge storms.
[Image: blogmidgeswarm.JPG]

We were out fishing one evening when they began to hatch above us in the trees on the bluff where we had parked our boat. The fish love them so when they started flying and dropping into the water the fish started biting like crazy. They were hitting anything that hit the water even bare hooks the frenzy was so hot.

We were catching fishing as fast as we could reel in and throw back out but the Mays were also falling on us. The air got thicker and heavier with them as we reaped the fishing bonanza but very soon I started wiping them off my face and my glasses and I looked up and we were totally engulfed in these little fuckers. As I'm slightly claustrophobic I started to panic and when I called to my husband they flew in my mouth. The panic was on then.

He realized what was happening and he put down his fishing pole and started the boat. It cut out and I was near hysteria swatting flies like mad and trying not to breath them in. We finally got the boat started and got out of there. They were so thick in the air it was hard to see. We went 500 or 600 feet before we started to get clear of them. There were just millions of them on that bluff and the water was blanketed with them. Sadcryface

Hobo Nasty!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2016, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2016 07:50 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
I handle the bugsmashing around this catillion, young lady!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
27-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Sounds like it's been bugging you.

(27-06-2016 09:29 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I handle the bugsmashing around this catillion, young man!

dancefortwo is a she Yes

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-06-2016, 10:39 AM
(27-06-2016 11:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ever caught a Junebug squarely between the eyes at 60 mph????

I have...

I don't recommend it...

Good reason to keep your mouth shut too! Gasp

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-06-2016, 10:41 AM
(27-06-2016 10:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sounds like it's been bugging you.

(27-06-2016 09:29 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I handle the bugsmashing around this catillion, young man!

dancefortwo is a she Yes

Wait! Let me check...........

......yup! I'm a she.

[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-06-2016, 10:54 AM
(28-06-2016 10:39 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 11:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ever caught a Junebug squarely between the eyes at 60 mph????

I have...

I don't recommend it...

Good reason to keep your mouth shut too! Gasp

I learned to cover my mouth when yawning as well as learning I don't care for the taste of bee......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-06-2016, 12:13 PM

I have...

I don't recommend it...

When I was in the USN in Orlando I got hit by a swarm of Lovebugs on my Low Rider. I thought to myself "Welp. There's a good reason to wear a helmet and visor."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-06-2016, 12:23 PM
(27-06-2016 09:23 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Went to the Grand Canyon by car. From Portland Oregon to the Grand Canyon it's about 1100 miles, so round trip was 2200 miles. We stopped for gas 5 times, each time cleaning the windshield of bug splatter.

Hubby and I each took turns counted one fourth of the window's bug splatters and averaged the number. It seemed to average around 118 bug splatters for 1/4 of the window, so around 472 bug splatters over the whole window. Cleaning the window off five times during the trip makes it around 2360 dead bugs. I haven't cleaned the window since we got home last night so I need to add another 472 dead bugs.

I'm not counting the front of the grill and the headlights which were splattered with bugs too. I cleaned the dead bugs off the headlights with each gas fill up too.

Total dead bugs on window was around........... 2832!

Thank you, thank you very much. Smartass

I've been puzzling over this.

I think I finally have it figured out. This is the grownup, nerdy equivalent of counting how many different state license plates you see on a long road trip. Or trying to find something out the window that starts with each letter of the alphabet. And my personal favorite...is my sister or my brother going to be the next one to throw up? And how many states will they actually manage to barf in before we arrive for extra points. Undecided

Of course, all that doesn't happen now with electronics and headphones and Wi-Fi in your vehicle.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-06-2016, 12:39 PM
(28-06-2016 12:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 09:23 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Went to the Grand Canyon by car. From Portland Oregon to the Grand Canyon it's about 1100 miles, so round trip was 2200 miles. We stopped for gas 5 times, each time cleaning the windshield of bug splatter.

Hubby and I each took turns counted one fourth of the window's bug splatters and averaged the number. It seemed to average around 118 bug splatters for 1/4 of the window, so around 472 bug splatters over the whole window. Cleaning the window off five times during the trip makes it around 2360 dead bugs. I haven't cleaned the window since we got home last night so I need to add another 472 dead bugs.

I'm not counting the front of the grill and the headlights which were splattered with bugs too. I cleaned the dead bugs off the headlights with each gas fill up too.

Total dead bugs on window was around........... 2832!

Thank you, thank you very much. Smartass

I've been puzzling over this.

I think I finally have it figured out. This is the grownup, nerdy equivalent of counting how many different state license plates you see on a long road trip. Or trying to find something out the window that starts with each letter of the alphabet. And my personal favorite...is my sister or my brother going to be the next one to throw up? And how many states will they actually manage to barf in before we arrive for extra points. Undecided

Of course, all that doesn't happen now with electronics and headphones and Wi-Fi in your vehicle.

Haha. We were driving through the vast desert of Arizona, Utah and parts of Idaho. There was nothing to do and after seeing the Grand Canyon nothing much to look at so I started counting the bugs splats on the window. It kept us entertained for about 40 miles. Cool

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-06-2016, 12:48 PM
(28-06-2016 10:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 10:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sounds like it's been bugging you.

dancefortwo is a she Yes

Wait! Let me check...........

......yup! I'm a she.

Pics, or it didn't happen. Tongue