Bugs/insects and the ark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Bugs/insects and the ark
What does it say, if anything, about Insect and Bug life? Anything? They would never had survived on the ark. especially since most bug species only live about a week to a month to three at best. If they bred in order to keep alive, it would had flooded the ark with an infestation that would had killed everything inside of it. Plus, it would had ruined all the food meant for the people and the animals as well as the water.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: Bugs/insects and the ark
Quote:The Bible says in (Gen 7:14-15) that "all flesh in which was the breath of life" was brought onto the Ark. (Gen 7:22) goes on to say that "all in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was on the dry land, died" in the flood.

From these verses, we learn 2 things. First, all of the creatures on the Ark had the "breath of life," which means they breathed through their "nostrils." In addition, ALL creatures who breathed through their nostrils and lived on "dry land" died in the flood except those on the Ark.

Those who breathe through nostrils have lungs. Insects do not have nostrils or lungs. Insects absorb oxygen through their skin, through a series of breathing holes or tracheal tubes located in their chest or abdomen. Therefore, neither insects nor sea creatures were on the Ark, but they did survive the flood.

How did insects survive? Think about what happens during a flood. We see HUGE amounts of debris and vegetation (i.e. trees) being torn from the ground and then floating on the surface of the water. Unfortunately, both man and beast sometimes are killed and end up floating too. Can you imagine how much debris and vegetation would have been floating on the surface in a worldwide flood? Sadly, since EVERY land living creature that breathed through the nostrils died as well, there would be thousands (millions?) of bodies on the surface mixed with this debris. (Some may have even survived for a short time floating on debris.) From this would be ample opportunity for insects to live, eat, and breed.

Source

And then the carrion eating bugs died on the muddy, lifeless hellscape along with everything else of the ark. And lo The Lord looked upon what he had wrought and it was very good.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
29-11-2014, 11:51 PM
So basically, more lies and bullshit is their excuse?

[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
30-11-2014, 12:19 AM
(29-11-2014 11:51 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  So basically, more lies and bullshit is their excuse?

Why change methods when that one has worked so well?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
30-11-2014, 08:57 AM
(29-11-2014 10:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What does it say, if anything, about Insect and Bug life? Anything? They would never had survived on the ark. especially since most bug species only live about a week to a month to three at best. If they bred in order to keep alive, it would had flooded the ark with an infestation that would had killed everything inside of it. Plus, it would had ruined all the food meant for the people and the animals as well as the water.

I'm beginning to think that the story isn't very accurate? Consider Call me crazy, but I'm seeing some plot holes. Gasp

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-12-2014, 08:23 AM
(30-11-2014 08:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm beginning to think that the story isn't very accurate? Consider Call me crazy, but I'm seeing some plot holes. Gasp

Holy fuck, don't bring that up to an apologist. Flood apologetics are the worst.

You can learn a lot about someone if you just let them go for a while defending that story, and keep asking questions when they say something that doesn't make sense. Only one of three things ever happens:
  • They eventually say it doesn't make sense and didn't happen in a literal sense (sadly, this doesn't happen as often as it should).
  • They say "I don't know. Stop asking questions and have faith." (the lazy way out).
  • They regurgitate some of the most bizarre pseudoscience you've ever heard and come up with excuses why it's morally okay for YHWH to drown babies (fucking hell, does that get creepy).
01-12-2014, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 08:59 AM by grizzlysnake.)
Did they have a moo cow soley for the purpose to host parasites?
Now that I'm thinking about it, there must of been a huge lice infestation on board.
Oh no... think all the huamns had crabs? I'm scaring myself now. Hobo

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
01-12-2014, 09:34 AM
^For what it's worth; the ben Lamech's we're probably all infested with lice and various parasites anyway.

Shitty living conditions and all that.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
01-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Noah only took eggs and larvae. Then god put those in stasis (like all the other animals) so they wouldn't hatch and cause problems.
01-12-2014, 10:12 PM
(01-12-2014 10:28 AM)natachan Wrote:  Noah only took eggs and larvae. Then god put those in stasis (like all the other animals) so they wouldn't hatch and cause problems.

Because MAGIC!