Building stuff.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: Building stuff.
(03-05-2016 06:09 AM)skyking Wrote:  Don't let the box stores sell you $500 kits.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Floor-Heat-Elect...Swv0tVJFSE

That was about what I paid for and installed. The two bags of SLC are $50
Adds about 1/4", so plan accordingly. I cut the joists down and sistered them, and made custom joists for a walk in no thresh hold shower.
[Image: Goingtogether_zps3daef93e.jpg]

Rockin' and rollin'! Nice work.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2016, 10:42 AM
My latest "rainy day" project that I just finished up.....

My SO and I collect Saturns -- and we're going to be buying several for parts -- and rather than pay the tow truck driver -- I decided to build my own car dolly. Saturns are very low to the ground (only 6 inch clearance) - and with the long front end under the front bumper - don't work on most car dollies. They'll scrape and break shit trying to get onto most dollies. Consequently - a bit of design work went into this one....

[img][Image: car%20dolly%20005_zpsdqgh98xu.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: car%20dolly%20001_zpsybfigjo8.jpg][/img]

Simple to use -- line the car up onto the ramps - and using a come-along hooked under the trailer - attach to the rear of the car on the assembly line mount --- and ratchet the car up onto the dolly. Remove ramps (they're on hooks) then use the heavy ratchet strap in the front of dolly, up over tire - and hook to the ramp mounts.... Ratchet down. The straps are rated for 3300 lbs each ..... The square tubing is 3 inch - and the bearings and wheels are Saturn rear wheel bearings and rims...... Total cost into the build is a smidge under 400 bucks....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-05-2016, 11:51 AM
(10-05-2016 10:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My latest "rainy day" project that I just finished up.....

My SO and I collect Saturns -- and we're going to be buying several for parts -- and rather than pay the tow truck driver -- I decided to build my own car dolly. Saturns are very low to the ground (only 6 inch clearance) - and with the long front end under the front bumper - don't work on most car dollies. They'll scrape and break shit trying to get onto most dollies. Consequently - a bit of design work went into this one....

Simple to use -- line the car up onto the ramps - and using a come-along hooked under the trailer - attach to the rear of the car on the assembly line mount --- and ratchet the car up onto the dolly. Remove ramps (they're on hooks) then use the heavy ratchet strap in the front of dolly, up over tire - and hook to the ramp mounts.... Ratchet down. The straps are rated for 3300 lbs each ..... The square tubing is 3 inch - and the bearings and wheels are Saturn rear wheel bearings and rims...... Total cost into the build is a smidge under 400 bucks....

Good idea using Saturn bearings and wheels...if you get a flat on the trailer you can use the cars' spare tire. Thumbsup
10-05-2016, 12:23 PM
(10-05-2016 11:51 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 10:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My latest "rainy day" project that I just finished up.....

Good idea using Saturn bearings and wheels...if you get a flat on the trailer you can use the cars' spare tire. Thumbsup
Exactly right! Many guys with bigger 5th wheel trailers convert over to the same wheel and tire from the truck for that very reason.
since I have a lighter trailer that is not an option for me.
10-05-2016, 12:37 PM
(10-05-2016 11:51 AM)pablo Wrote:  

Yup. That was part of the idea -- the other part is all the spare Saturn rims I have laying around... Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Had a few days off and didn't quite have everything I needed to get started on the roof at our "new" house, which is my top priority. So instead I got a start on the first of the raised gardens I'm putting around the perimeter of the yard. My girlfriend's plants are starting to outgrow their containers.

Pretty simple project but it kept me busy for a day. Dug a hole, built the raised garden, filled it with about $120 worth of dirt and sheep shit and peat moss and cedar chips and stuff, planted things...

[Image: KNKL7mM.jpg]

[Image: 0h2Mu2P.jpg]

[Image: TmkND9K.jpg]

[Image: eHt2icB.jpg]

[Image: 2EbKDgm.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
04-07-2016, 08:52 PM
(04-07-2016 08:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Had a few days off and didn't quite have everything I needed to get started on the roof at our "new" house, which is my top priority. So instead I got a start on the first of the raised gardens I'm putting around the perimeter of the yard. My girlfriend's plants are starting to outgrow their containers.

Pretty simple project but it kept me busy for a day. Dug a hole, built the raised garden, filled it with about $120 worth of dirt and sheep shit and peat moss and cedar chips and stuff, planted things...

Cool! Is that sheep shit free of bacteria that can make you sick? Consider You could use you own families' feces if you heat it above 160⁰ F for some period of time. Maybe an incinerator powered by waste heat to turn the feces into ash. That's good fertilizer, and free of disease causing organisms. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-07-2016, 09:00 PM
(04-07-2016 08:52 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 08:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Had a few days off and didn't quite have everything I needed to get started on the roof at our "new" house, which is my top priority. So instead I got a start on the first of the raised gardens I'm putting around the perimeter of the yard. My girlfriend's plants are starting to outgrow their containers.

Cool! Is that sheep shit free of bacteria that can make you sick? Consider You could use you own families' feces if you heat it above 160⁰ F for some period of time. Maybe an incinerator powered by waste heat to turn the feces into ash. That's good fertilizer, and free of disease causing organisms. Yes

After some of the weird ass stuff I've eaten, I think I'd trust commercial sheep shit more than my own. But in all honesty, I didn't look that far into it. My girlfriend told me what she wanted to fertilize her plants with and I was merely carrying out orders Tongue She's a dietetics major who washes her hands so much the skin comes off, and I'm... well, I'll post pictures of my meal after we do our wilderness survival training next month. Let's just say if she trusts the poo to be safe, I'll follow her lead.

'Murican Canadian
04-07-2016, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2016 09:32 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
[Image: 2sb4pk7.jpg]

Home brewery system.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Basement:this space was completely unfinished. So yeah the man did this work...

[Image: 2wgf894.jpg]

The bar he built wraps around. Smile

[Image: 24mua35.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post