Building the starship USS Enterprise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2012, 03:25 AM
RE: Building the starship USS Enterprise
Yes, yes, can you find any scientist that has made some kind of study that shows that TARDIS has a (theoretical) potential to be build, using ONLY technology that is available today? If you read the article, you could see that the Enterprise is possible to produce and to fly today, we "only" need a few trillions of dollars. TARDIS is still way too far away from our present technology. So there.

If it was possible, TARDIS would be much better solution. It takes up much less space.

Smile

Suck it!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2012, 03:30 AM
meh... I rather not spend any money than spend it on a crappy ship Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Filox, can you picture if you were working and for the next 20-50 years you know that some big chunk of your country's budget *which is from your taxes* is going to this project. I mean this is a lot more than the LHC we're talking about here. Now picture that you're struggling. Lots of people lost their jobs. But the government continues to spend on this crazy project. It will happen in that 20 year period. No country experiences continuous growth for that long a period. Can you really see people agreeing to this because it'd be cool to fly to other planets ? There has to be an *immediate* benefit, and the man in the street who's gonna pay for it has to see that benefit. As in get some of it. Cool space stuff ? Great, but *I* must get some. Otherwise why would I agree to my taxes being spent on it?
15-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Eeerrrr, what? Why do you return to old subjects, the subject at hand is the POSSIBILITY to build the ship. It is technically possible to do it. TARDIS is technically NOT possible.

So, how did you take this statement and turn it back to argument about the economical value of the project? I know it is not possible to build it for economical reasons, but technical possibility to make it exists. Since I am a patient man, I can wait for the better economical situation, then maybe someone will consider this more realistically.

-Hunter S. Thompson
15-11-2012, 04:41 AM
(15-11-2012 04:36 AM)Filox Wrote:  Eeerrrr, what? Why do you return to old subjects, the subject at hand is the POSSIBILITY to build the ship. It is technically possible to do it. TARDIS is technically NOT possible.

So, how did you take this statement and turn it back to argument about the economical value of the project? I know it is not possible to build it for economical reasons, but technical possibility to make it exists. Since I am a patient man, I can wait for the better economical situation, then maybe someone will consider this more realistically.
I thought the subject at hand was baiting Muffs ? Also when did anyone change the topic to possibility? But OK. If we spend a shitload of money over a long period of time, sure, I'll give it to you, we could build *maybe* something that can go very very fast to other planets... so could we build a TARDIS or anything else given lots of money and time. Oh wait, the constraint was 'using current tech'... but you *have* to develop new tech for this to work... I mean it's like a caveman saying 'because I can float on a log it is technically possible *using current tech* to build an ocean liner'...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-11-2012, 05:51 AM
So, morondog, I guess you didn't read the article from OP? Because this Enterprise that was mentioned there is NOT the Enterprise form the series, it has no warp drive, it does not go very, very fast, it CAN be built today, it uses ONLY today's, already existing technology. For me, this shit is so amazing that we could build something like that today, now, with this technology. TARDIS has inter-dimentions, pocket-planes, travels through teleportation and time travel... There is absolutely nothing that we can do today that is even remotely close to TARDIS. But there is an ion propulsion system, high power laser, electromagnetic shielding, nuclear reactor for a lot of electricity, even artificial gravity by using rotating decks... Everything we need for Enterprise edition 0.

As for muffs, I stopped that. Because he stopped first. There.

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
15-11-2012, 05:59 AM
(15-11-2012 05:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  So, morondog, I guess you didn't read the article from OP? Because this Enterprise that was mentioned there is NOT the Enterprise form the series, it has no warp drive, it does not go very, very fast, it CAN be built today, it uses ONLY today's, already existing technology. For me, this shit is so amazing that we could build something like that today, now, with this technology. TARDIS has inter-dimentions, pocket-planes, travels through teleportation and time travel... There is absolutely nothing that we can do today that is even remotely close to TARDIS. But there is an ion propulsion system, high power laser, electromagnetic shielding, nuclear reactor for a lot of electricity, even artificial gravity by using rotating decks... Everything we need for Enterprise edition 0.

As for muffs, I stopped that. Because he stopped first. There.

Big Grin
I *did* so read that OP article, the guy said 'blah blah etc... have to develop new tech' right there in the article... Admittedly once I decided the guy was a kook my motivation to examine his shit in detail waned.
15-11-2012, 06:03 AM
[/quote]
I *did* so read that OP article, the guy said 'blah blah etc... have to develop new tech' right there in the article... Admittedly once I decided the guy was a kook my motivation to examine his shit in detail waned.
[/quote]

So, what are you now a proctologist?
15-11-2012, 06:03 AM
All I've read is here already. Maybe some improvements are necessary, well of course they are, but the basics exist and work. Time travel and warp drive do not exist. Ion propulsion system exists and is used today in space.

Anyway.

Enterprise.

Period.

Tongue

-Hunter S. Thompson
15-11-2012, 07:04 AM
(15-11-2012 06:03 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  So, what are you now a proctologist?

Only for non-kooks