Bullied by two YouTube bigots.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 11:34 PM by DLJ.)
RE: Bullied by two YouTube bigots.
Hi Lienda,
As you have posted in this Personal Issues and Support sub-forum, I am guessing that you looking for one or both of two things... sympathy and empathy and/or constructive advice.

I'm not good at the former but I can try the latter.

But first, a question:
What made you think that a comment criticising your writing style (they say "You are terrible at getting your point across. I read what you wrote twice and still don't know which side you are on.") was also a criticism of the content ("Terrible," because it didn't say what she wanted. Pick a side? (shows their concern for life, doesn't it)")?

I think it is an interesting observation that some virtual people need to understand one's stance on a subject before deciding how they will reply, rather than taking the content at face value.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2013, 09:51 PM
I private messaged you. I don't like the vibe I'm getting from you. I know I don't know you, but I meant it when I said you could talk to me.

Please relax and know there are people out in the world that care. I hope you are okay. I especially did NOT like your last post in the ranting thread.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
01-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Lienda, it's like that all over YouTube. Not to make you feel bad about your problem, but take comments in one ear and let them out the other. I go through the same thing, and you know what? I shut up and listen, because the more they comment, the crazier they sound. You win in the end, because you kept your sanity.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
[+] 2 users Like thewellkeptwoman's post
01-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I think you can block people from commenting on your vids on youtube?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Yeah. You can block comments on youtube like said above.

Sadly on the internet being anonymous gives people the idea that they can be jerks without risking the consequences. (like a good left hook) You can't let people's negative attitude on the internet get you down. Take in the good advice and care that you receive and let the rest flow by. Cause who needs em eh?
01-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Guys.... correct me if I'm wrong but, this isn't Lienda's video. It's a video she watched and then chose to participate in the commenting.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 09:03 PM
(31-03-2013 09:51 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I private messaged you. I don't like the vibe I'm getting from you.

Pardon me? Shocking I tried to be quite polite to you in PM, and here we are with you not being happy.

(31-03-2013 09:51 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I know I don't know you, but I meant it when I said you could talk to me.

Please relax and know there are people out in the world that care. I hope you are okay. I especially did NOT like your last post in the ranting thread.

I thought we did. I replied in the rants "I'm sorry, and I expect it." I had it a lot. . . . . Guess, I'll leave you poor little folk alone now... . . .
02-04-2013, 09:07 PM
It's not my video. Go ahead and brouse the stuff of our.. your brother there.
02-04-2013, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 09:32 PM by Lienda Bella.)
There. I deleted everything I posted under the video.
02-04-2013, 11:17 PM
(02-04-2013 09:03 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 09:51 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I private messaged you. I don't like the vibe I'm getting from you.

Pardon me? Shocking I tried to be quite polite to you in PM, and here we are with you not being happy.

(31-03-2013 09:51 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I know I don't know you, but I meant it when I said you could talk to me.

I thought we did. I replied in the rants "I'm sorry, and I expect it." I had it a lot. . . . . Guess, I'll leave you poor little folk alone now... . . .
Blink

I... don't know how to respond to this. I'm trying to remain empathetic and understanding of your feelings. (Especially since this is in the "Personal Issues and Support" section.) I was reaching out to you and you are getting upset about that.

I was not being RUDE; I can't stress that enough. When I referred to the "vibe," it was not that you were offending me. I was worried about a random person that I've never met- because that's what I do.

I tried to keep it private, but then I go on here and see you called me out publicly, so I needed to defend myself. Let's continue talking in private from now on?

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King