Bullshit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 10:38 PM by Atothetheist.)
Bullshit.
You know what's bullshit? How this one girl says,"Hey Steven, want to help me fix this problem? Hey Steven, how about you hang out with me because I have nothing better to do? Hey Steven, you're such a nice guy, why are you single? Hey Steven, too bad you're an atheist, I would have loved to date you!"

Well, hey. Fuck you. Religion or no religion, at least give me a chance, eh? The least I deserve is a fucking try. If you are attracted to me, but find that my lack of a belief on God is the only thing wrong with me, then recognize that it is only one facet of me, and it doesn't dictate what kind of lover, friend, or human-being I am.

Its like I keep telling my ignorant catholic peers in my school, "Atheism is one trait I have. It doesn't affect everything else. Just like my eye-color doesn't determine whether I am a republican, or a democrat, or neither."

But, whatever. If ladies be judging me based on lack of faith, I think they at least deserve the couresty of being judged on theirs.... (Just kidding)

"Oh, you're a Catholic? Oh, sorry. You're really attractive and all, but I don't date pedo-phile supporters."

"Oh, you're a Jehovah's Witness? Too bad. I don't like assholes to invade my privacy."

Etc.

This shit infuriates me. Not only because its plain wrong to simply disregard a person (whom has all the desired traits in a mate that you want, except one) who doesn't exactly line the fuck up with your spiritual (what the fuck does that word even mean anyways?) beliefs or weird woo practices.

You know what? I'm great at looking back and picking out parts of my life that can be used as stories, and great at making those stories fit some kind of theme and have some kind of meaning to show how very fucking wrong people were, or how very strong I feel about a topic, but the stories that have anything to do with what I am talking about are pretty well known, and pretty well described by far better wordsmiths than me.

So, instead, I'll relay what I told the girl (I wouldn't call her a woman because of her immaturity on the topic, along with her lacking cognitive abilities, have stripped her of the title in my opinion) when she told me that my only flaw was my disbelief:

I had a friend once who was hospitalized with injuries due to some stupid fucking shit. He decided it would be fun to go joyriding in the middle of night to a party, where he may or may not have gotten hammered with alcohol. Now, I don't know what caused him to think that going to a party at night in his parent's car was a good idea, but that's not the point. He was leaving the party, and he was about to drive him (most-likely drunk) when it hit him that driving drunk was not that good of an idea!

Finally, he was making some sense of himself.

So, he turned to his friend that was at the party, and handed him the keys so that his friend could drive. Thus, in his mind, negating the possibility of any possible accidents or property damage (not to mention death). However, what he didn't know was that his friend was even more drunk than my friend (nobody had told him that he was the surprise designated driver Dodgy ). He took the keys in a stupor, and they were on their way.

That was the mistake. The drunker driver crashed into the side of a house, trying to swerve away from a car that they nearly clipped. My friend was greatly injured, and the driver was killed.

When I visited my friend in the hospital and he told me this, a lesson popped into my head. Not immediately, but after immense thought.

Even if you think you are making the right call, you might be making a bigger mistake.

That story made me think of that lesson, and you, by not giving me a fucking chance because of one tiny little fact, are about to make it.

----
Fucking christ, how pathetic am I to be writing this thread at night, bored and depressed out of my mind because I had been denied based on a slight disagreement.

I almost considered not posting this thread, but I had written so much on it, I thought I might as well.

I really need a beer, to bad I am underage.Undecided

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
23-06-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Bullshit.
I'm drinking quite heavily, if you were of age id invite you to join me.

I have to admit that I would not date a believer. I suppose that makes me shallow, but I also feel that if someone doesn't sure a fundamental thing like that with me, a base of the person I am, its probably going to just cause problems.

I am sorry this girl blew you off. It's her loss. Id type more, but I'm afraid I wouldnt make a lot of sense at this point.
23-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Clearly you only liked her for her looks... why else would you be depressed for being judged by some girl? Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
23-06-2013, 11:38 PM
(23-06-2013 11:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Clearly you only liked her for her looks... why else would you be depressed for being judged by some girl? Drinking Beverage

Ever heard the phrase the devil is in the details?

When you examine the girl's personality, she seemed pretty awesome, at a first glance.

However, that more indepth, second look revealed that she wasn't all she was cracked up to be.

23-06-2013, 11:46 PM
(23-06-2013 11:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 11:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Clearly you only liked her for her looks... why else would you be depressed for being judged by some girl? Drinking Beverage

Ever heard the phrase the devil is in the details?

When you examine the girl's personality, she seemed pretty awesome, at a first glance.

However, that more indepth, second look revealed that she wasn't all she was cracked up to be.

Ah, the evil old idealization... bane of romantics hearts, my sincere condolences.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
24-06-2013, 09:39 AM
(23-06-2013 11:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  However, that more indepth, second look revealed that she wasn't all she was cracked up to be.

none of us are.

Is it possible to date someone who doesn't attend your school? Then you can get to know someone (and they you) without having a jaded opinion of you because they know one facet of you already.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
24-06-2013, 09:47 AM
(24-06-2013 09:39 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 11:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  However, that more indepth, second look revealed that she wasn't all she was cracked up to be.

none of us are.

Is it possible to date someone who doesn't attend your school? Then you can get to know someone (and they you) without having a jaded opinion of you because they know one facet of you already.

Possible, yes. Probable, no.

24-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Jeez, man.

Meet me in Quebec as soon as you're 18. I will buy you all the beer.
24-06-2013, 10:20 AM

You want to hang on to that more in depth, second look - that's gonna be the most useful tool you have.

I think she was not even interested in you the first place. I think she probably did think you are a nice guy and probably still does... but that's as far as it goes for her. I don't think she thought of (or thinks of) you as boyfriend material ... more commonly know as "in that way".

I think she was using her faith to hide behind - that way she didn't have to tell you that she didn't think of you "in that way". She probably didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you that. But still, she didn't want to take responsibility for her own feelings. She used her faith. You are right - she is immature.

Your disappointment will suck for a while but, in the long run... you're lucky you didn't have to go through what would have been a shitty relationship with an immature and insecure person. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
24-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Befriending and dating someone for the sole purpose of trying to convert would be a mistake to.
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post