Bullshit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Bullshit.
(23-06-2013 10:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Fucking christ, how pathetic am I to be writing this thread at night

Stop calling yourself pathetic, Steven. It's quite the contrary.

(23-06-2013 10:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I really need a beer, to bad I am underage.Undecided

Would gladly have bought you one, but you'd be drinking it alone; I think it tastes like piss. (And I don't want to be drunk either, end of story, good night)

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2013, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2013 05:16 AM by Luminon.)
(23-06-2013 10:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  This shit infuriates me. Not only because its plain wrong to simply disregard a person (whom has all the desired traits in a mate that you want, except one) who doesn't exactly line the fuck up with your spiritual (what the fuck does that word even mean anyways?) beliefs or weird woo practices.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with tribal allegiance and loyalty, not what we actually are. Belonging to other tribes is bad, being a complete outcast is worse. Betraying one's own tribe by dating a stranger is bad enough (but acceptable, she might get you to join her group), but dating a renegade may get the girl kicked out of her tribe altogether, because renegades are a blasphemy against the unwritten social gospel of dependence. It's social rules of social groups. All social groups want to control lives of their members to some degree, they're all little or big crab buckets (Prattchett reference) that draw people out of mud, but drag them down too, to keep them from rising higher than is good for "their good"...

You get the idea. If you met an individual believer, who can stand on her own and has her own compelling reasons for her belief, she could tolerate you, understanding other people may have other reasons for belief. You can understand spirituality as an individual, non-organized or self-organized, self-motivated faith and practice, based on experience and specific needs instead of just going along with a group. For example, I am very spiritual, but it's all based on daily experience and personal research of this experience. I may have some faith, but only nominally and marginally. I do not consider this faith important, being right or wrong happens regardless of faith. I think genuineness is important. My experience is as genuine, as is the doubt of others. One day evidence will show up and prove what is real.

(23-06-2013 10:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Fucking christ, how pathetic am I to be writing this thread at night, bored and depressed out of my mind because I had been denied based on a slight disagreement.

I almost considered not posting this thread, but I had written so much on it, I thought I might as well.

I really need a beer, to bad I am underage.Undecided
Don't worry! If being an atheist is the only thing that keeps you from love and fucking, then your chances are really good. At the very worst scenario, the college is your chance.
You can outclass a Christian in most ways, but you need to show that. You need to be outspoken, but in a subtle, non-conflicting way. Don't let others decide your reputation for you by implicit assumptions about atheists. You can challenge the beliefs in a subtle way, become the "good bad boy" by questioning the status quo. Not just a rebel without a cause. Don't be a threat, be someone who brings a new insight into everything and so spices up the ancient gospel message. From what I saw, even Christians are bored by it. Be a little unsettling to dogma, but in a thrilling sort of way. If a lovely Christian girl picks you up for converting and saving, don't try to disprove her. Try to empower her, for example, challenge her morality and show how it really comes from within, not from Bible. If she did anything good, show how it was really her effort that got her the reward, not god. If she thanked god for anything, it was for not sabotaging her effort...

You can be more independent and show by example how to solve your problems on your own, without God or prayer. Yet you can be more humble than Christians, by saying you don't know when you really don't know and then by looking up the scientific facts, by following the evidence anywhere it leads. Make sure others know about it, but don't push it in their faces. You can show more natural wonder, awe and "spirituality" by describing the marvels of natural sciences that put to shame the bronze age cosmology of Bible. The universe is much more wonderful place than middle eastern goat herders thought it to be. You can be more moral than Christians by showing how this life and this world is all that matters, all that shows our sins and virtues that come from within instead of some magical carrot and stick.
If you meet someone who struggles with doubts, embrace them. Encourage them in doubt, tell them it is not their fault. It is the fault of the religion and god for not providing them with even marginally decent evidence. Who moral would want us to spend our lifetime on a bunch of empty promises? People who need reassuring themselves, apparently.
Enjoy your atheism and share what's good in atheistic life. No fear of hell for starters, no fear that you won't get to heaven. The real "good news" is, that there is no god, no malevolent capricious bully with supernatural powers...

Be of course careful with that advice. I suspect I'm neurologically incapable of hanging out with people and spontaneously having fun with others just like that for no reason, which bad for any relationship. So you might want to use your own head and consult someone else as well - although I suspect you would be much better at social skills, at implementing my advice.

Btw, good luck with beer. In my country the drinking age is 18, in practice it's about 13-14 or so. I advise against that, though. IDK if that works with alcohol too, but teenager brain is still developing and if you make some drug a permanent part of your life, then it becomes a fixture the adult brain. I suspect I got myself addicted to cigarettes that way. It's been 7 years since I stopped smoking and still miss it. Get drunk if you want, I'd gladly have a few beers with you (hey, you're a real live english-speaking, religion-discussing guy! That's awesome!), just don't make a routine out of it.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
25-06-2013, 08:38 AM
(23-06-2013 10:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You know what's bullshit? How this one girl says,"Hey Steven, want to help me fix this problem? Hey Steven, how about you hang out with me because I have nothing better to do? Hey Steven, you're such a nice guy, why are you single? Hey Steven, too bad you're an atheist, I would have loved to date you!"

Well, hey. Fuck you. Religion or no religion, at least give me a chance, eh? The least I deserve is a fucking try. If you are attracted to me, but find that my lack of a belief on God is the only thing wrong with me, then recognize that it is only one facet of me, and it doesn't dictate what kind of lover, friend, or human-being I am.

Its like I keep telling my ignorant catholic peers in my school, "Atheism is one trait I have. It doesn't affect everything else. Just like my eye-color doesn't determine whether I am a republican, or a democrat, or neither."

But, whatever. If ladies be judging me based on lack of faith, I think they at least deserve the couresty of being judged on theirs.... (Just kidding)

"Oh, you're a Catholic? Oh, sorry. You're really attractive and all, but I don't date pedo-phile supporters."

"Oh, you're a Jehovah's Witness? Too bad. I don't like assholes to invade my privacy."

Etc.

This shit infuriates me. Not only because its plain wrong to simply disregard a person (whom has all the desired traits in a mate that you want, except one) who doesn't exactly line the fuck up with your spiritual (what the fuck does that word even mean anyways?) beliefs or weird woo practices.

You know what? I'm great at looking back and picking out parts of my life that can be used as stories, and great at making those stories fit some kind of theme and have some kind of meaning to show how very fucking wrong people were, or how very strong I feel about a topic, but the stories that have anything to do with what I am talking about are pretty well known, and pretty well described by far better wordsmiths than me.

So, instead, I'll relay what I told the girl (I wouldn't call her a woman because of her immaturity on the topic, along with her lacking cognitive abilities, have stripped her of the title in my opinion) when she told me that my only flaw was my disbelief:

I had a friend once who was hospitalized with injuries due to some stupid fucking shit. He decided it would be fun to go joyriding in the middle of night to a party, where he may or may not have gotten hammered with alcohol. Now, I don't know what caused him to think that going to a party at night in his parent's car was a good idea, but that's not the point. He was leaving the party, and he was about to drive him (most-likely drunk) when it hit him that driving drunk was not that good of an idea!

Finally, he was making some sense of himself.

So, he turned to his friend that was at the party, and handed him the keys so that his friend could drive. Thus, in his mind, negating the possibility of any possible accidents or property damage (not to mention death). However, what he didn't know was that his friend was even more drunk than my friend (nobody had told him that he was the surprise designated driver Dodgy ). He took the keys in a stupor, and they were on their way.

That was the mistake. The drunker driver crashed into the side of a house, trying to swerve away from a car that they nearly clipped. My friend was greatly injured, and the driver was killed.

When I visited my friend in the hospital and he told me this, a lesson popped into my head. Not immediately, but after immense thought.

Even if you think you are making the right call, you might be making a bigger mistake.

That story made me think of that lesson, and you, by not giving me a fucking chance because of one tiny little fact, are about to make it.

----
Fucking christ, how pathetic am I to be writing this thread at night, bored and depressed out of my mind because I had been denied based on a slight disagreement.

I almost considered not posting this thread, but I had written so much on it, I thought I might as well.

I won't say she wasn't worth it, because I don't know for sure. What I do know is that you are young yet (being unable to drink and all) and you will have more mating opportunities in the future. The world is changing, and being an enlightened skeptic is now considered very hot among the ladies. Thumbsup

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
25-06-2013, 08:50 AM
(23-06-2013 10:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You know what's bullshit? How this one girl says,"Hey Steven, want to help me fix this problem? Hey Steven, how about you hang out with me because I have nothing better to do? Hey Steven, you're such a nice guy, why are you single? Hey Steven, too bad you're an atheist, I would have loved to date you!"

Well, hey. Fuck you. Religion or no religion, at least give me a chance, eh? The least I deserve is a fucking try. If you are attracted to me, but find that my lack of a belief on God is the only thing wrong with me, then recognize that it is only one facet of me, and it doesn't dictate what kind of lover, friend, or human-being I am.

Its like I keep telling my ignorant catholic peers in my school, "Atheism is one trait I have. It doesn't affect everything else. Just like my eye-color doesn't determine whether I am a republican, or a democrat, or neither."

But, whatever. If ladies be judging me based on lack of faith, I think they at least deserve the couresty of being judged on theirs.... (Just kidding)

"Oh, you're a Catholic? Oh, sorry. You're really attractive and all, but I don't date pedo-phile supporters."

"Oh, you're a Jehovah's Witness? Too bad. I don't like assholes to invade my privacy."

Etc.

This shit infuriates me. Not only because its plain wrong to simply disregard a person (whom has all the desired traits in a mate that you want, except one) who doesn't exactly line the fuck up with your spiritual (what the fuck does that word even mean anyways?) beliefs or weird woo practices.

You know what? I'm great at looking back and picking out parts of my life that can be used as stories, and great at making those stories fit some kind of theme and have some kind of meaning to show how very fucking wrong people were, or how very strong I feel about a topic, but the stories that have anything to do with what I am talking about are pretty well known, and pretty well described by far better wordsmiths than me.

So, instead, I'll relay what I told the girl (I wouldn't call her a woman because of her immaturity on the topic, along with her lacking cognitive abilities, have stripped her of the title in my opinion) when she told me that my only flaw was my disbelief:

I had a friend once who was hospitalized with injuries due to some stupid fucking shit. He decided it would be fun to go joyriding in the middle of night to a party, where he may or may not have gotten hammered with alcohol. Now, I don't know what caused him to think that going to a party at night in his parent's car was a good idea, but that's not the point. He was leaving the party, and he was about to drive him (most-likely drunk) when it hit him that driving drunk was not that good of an idea!

Finally, he was making some sense of himself.

So, he turned to his friend that was at the party, and handed him the keys so that his friend could drive. Thus, in his mind, negating the possibility of any possible accidents or property damage (not to mention death). However, what he didn't know was that his friend was even more drunk than my friend (nobody had told him that he was the surprise designated driver Dodgy ). He took the keys in a stupor, and they were on their way.

That was the mistake. The drunker driver crashed into the side of a house, trying to swerve away from a car that they nearly clipped. My friend was greatly injured, and the driver was killed.

When I visited my friend in the hospital and he told me this, a lesson popped into my head. Not immediately, but after immense thought.

Even if you think you are making the right call, you might be making a bigger mistake.

That story made me think of that lesson, and you, by not giving me a fucking chance because of one tiny little fact, are about to make it.

----
Fucking christ, how pathetic am I to be writing this thread at night, bored and depressed out of my mind because I had been denied based on a slight disagreement.

Fuck her, she's a bigot, move on. Incidentally I mean a literal bigot, not just spamming random insults. She is making value judgements on anothers worth based on creed.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Humakt's post
30-06-2013, 07:51 PM
It's alright man, no girl will go near me because of my atheism.

Frankly, I really don't care, most girls my age are obsessed with Justin Biever, wear only neon with pants with "Pink" on the ass, are mostly christian (my calculation says 87%), and are too dumb for their own good.

It's funny how many times girls would shy away from me, until they saw what marks I was getting on my homework (all A's baby).

There still is that one girl a while back that I fell for though, I still dig her and I don't think anything will ever change that (not even her protestantism).