Bullying

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Bullying
Shit im wayyyy too stoned to put a decent coherent explanation to this lol.

Whilst I understand where you are coming from misant.... that we have replaced tearing the meal from the weakest with mocking of what clothes they wear, I may be overlooking all of this as human nature.

Its just I think we have evolved beyond much of nature itself and most of the problems that we (collectively as a species) have are problems of our own creation.

If I saw three men cast aside another man from the group for their own survival then I could class it as "bullying" however I would accept that prime need to survive and call it human nature.

Bullying by todays standards isnt about survival though (the subjects being bullied over, not the psychology behind it)

People get bullied for what they wear, how they look, what they believe, who they know, what social standing they have, how much money (or lack of) and many more reasons.........

Whilst they may fractal from our primitive instincts this bullying is still a creation of ours, we created these divisions not nature. Which Is why I cant say its completley down to human nature. It may stem off it but it isnt 100% part of it I dont feel.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
31-12-2012, 07:46 AM
(31-12-2012 07:37 AM)bemore Wrote:  Shit im wayyyy too stoned to put a decent coherent explanation to this lol.

Whilst I understand where you are coming from misant.... that we have replaced tearing the meal from the weakest with mocking of what clothes they wear, I may be overlooking all of this as human nature.

Its just I think we have evolved beyond much of nature itself and most of the problems that we (collectively as a species) have are problems of our own creation.

If I saw three men cast aside another man from the group for their own survival then I could class it as "bullying" however I would accept that prime need to survive and call it human nature.

Bullying by todays standards isnt about survival though (the subjects being bullied over, not the psychology behind it)

People get bullied for what they wear, how they look, what they believe, who they know, what social standing they have, how much money (or lack of) and many more reasons.........

Whilst they may fractal from our primitive instincts this bullying is still a creation of ours, we created these divisions not nature. Which Is why I cant say its completley down to human nature. It may stem off it but it isnt 100% part of it I dont feel.
Well when it comes to details, you're correct. Our ancestors didn't literally target one another because of the way one of the apes parted their hair. But the point is that we do bully one another as a result of what's in our genes. Humans are fearful - to whatever extent - of those who are different. One way we overcome that "threat" is through aggression. We also attempt to establish dominance in a group. We're highly-evolved to the point that we barely recognize our animal roots anymore, but if you really examine our behavior, you'll see that we are just animals dressed up to look pretty. "Monkeys with ammo", as I so often say.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
31-12-2012, 08:27 AM
(31-12-2012 07:46 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  "Monkeys with ammo", as I so often say.

"Apes with ammo" would be more alliterative and more accurate. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
31-12-2012, 09:16 AM
When I was in grade school, there was a girl in my class who was short and didn't look very strong.

A few boys 2 grades higher figured her to be a target and decided to start taking her lunch money.

She told me about it and I liked her and it peed me off.

So, next day during recess, everyone was in the court yard, playing and eating.

I spotted the bullies and went up to the biggest one (I was tall and strong) and whispered in his ear:

"If you ever bother xxx again, I am going to beat you up, right here and in front of everyone".

And I walked away. The case was closed.

The poor short girl didn't have the physical appearance to pull this off. There was no chance in hell she could have taken on a boy two years her senior.

I was very young, but I think I figured correctly that bullies are deadly afraid of having their image of being superior destroyed. Having the whole school witness him being beaten up by a girl was more than he wanted to risk.

Unfortunately, online, bullies do not have to stand up for themselves. They are cowards hiding some place and giggling because everyone is getting their panties all in a bunch because of them. Oh, the power they can bask in without any fear of being caught out.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
31-12-2012, 09:30 AM
(31-12-2012 08:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 07:46 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  "Monkeys with ammo", as I so often say.

"Apes with ammo" would be more alliterative and more accurate. Drinking Beverage
Eh, I wouldn't wanna give us too much credit... Tongue

31-12-2012, 09:45 AM
(31-12-2012 07:46 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  We're highly-evolved to the point that we barely recognize our animal roots anymore, but if you really examine our behavior, you'll see that we are just animals dressed up to look pretty. "Monkeys with ammo", as I so often say.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
31-12-2012, 10:20 AM

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post