Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
28-06-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: Bundestag vote on gay marriage expected in coming days
(28-06-2017 11:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  [Image: 18289307_403.jpg]

Yay for Germany

[Image: eyes.gif]

I meant the outfits, obviously! Big Grin

"The party said that marriage between a man and a woman should enjoy special protections while stressing that same-sex relationships made valuable contributions "to our society," Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Yeah i sincerely hope pictures like this will not become common on german streets in the future....the "bayrische tracht" is simply a "no go". Tongue

Of course it refers to the ultra conservative christian ruling party in bavaria that will...not be amused. Drinking Beverage

Note: although gay marriage wasnt legal/official in Germany until now, we had something like "Lebenspartnerschaft" (life partnership) since 2001, that was legally *only* marginally less than a marriage.

Quote:These partnerships provide most but not all of the rights of marriage. Attempts to give equal rights to registered partners or to legalise marriage for same-sex couples have generally been blocked by the CDU/CSU, despite as much as 83% of the public supporting the measure

CSU = dictatorial ruling party in Bavaria (fuck you, Horst Seehofer!)

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
28-06-2017, 12:42 PM
(28-06-2017 12:30 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Of course it refers to the ultra conservative christian ruling party in bavaria that will...not be amused.

Oh, in that case - WELL DONE!

Quote:These partnerships provide most but not all of the rights of marriage. Attempts to give equal rights to registered partners or to legalise marriage for same-sex couples have generally been blocked by the CDU/CSU, despite as much as 83% of the public supporting the measure

Call me naive, but I thought parties existed to represent the people and work on their behalf, not to push their personal vile, medieval bigotry? Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-06-2017, 01:24 PM
(28-06-2017 12:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  Call me naive, but I thought parties existed to represent the people and work on their behalf, not to push their personal vile, medieval bigotry? Dodgy

Welcome to TTA, stranger. What planet did you say you are from? Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
28-06-2017, 01:39 PM
(28-06-2017 01:24 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Welcome to TTA, stranger. What planet did you say you are from? Tongue

I'm from the future, baby, and now, methinks, I must away...

[Image: time_machine_2002_prop_traveler_fresnel_...tics_c.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-06-2017, 01:39 PM
On a sidenote: I think this move shows what a clever and sly politician Merkel is.

We have elections in September. By triggering this vote, Merkel will deal several blows at once:

#1 In upcoming elections, the Bavarian CSU (and its PM) is always trying to position itself and point out how important/powerful they are. Their long time goal is to, one day, have the cnacellor being bavarian CSU. By passing this law, Merkel will put Seehofer in his place.

#2 She will *steal* a topic from all the parties left of the CDU (SPD, Linke, basically everyone but AfD alt right trolls)

#3 She will strenghten her own position in her own party (CDU) for the upcoming elections and make sure she will be top candidate for chancellor again if CDU wins

#4 She will score easy and important points for her party as a whole for the elections (see #3)

#5 She will remove an *obstacle* prohibiting some of those parties to form a coalition with the CDU after the elections

"This cant be stopped anyway i the long run, so why not make some use of that which can not be avoided." Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
28-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Let's celebrate once it's through. I never thought I would say this, but the absence of the FDP might be damaging right now.

Our parliament is up to doing the same right now. But I fear it won't get a majority. Not with the conservatives and their family values bullshit, not with the rightwing populists, catering to their bigoted electorate.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
28-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Hope the bill will pass.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.