Burden of Proof.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 06:37 AM
RE: Burden of Proof.
(28-01-2013 02:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  The fact is there is no atheist argument. It is necessarily a position of ignorance and its sole purpose is the devolution of humanity. You think you're being smart by throwing out superstition, but when you replace it with just darkness. There's no net gain.

Uh, no? Sorry, try again Egor...

Clearing out the refuse of religious thinking is a net gain, it allows you to think freely without the chains of dogma holding you back.

Freeing us from an imaginary spiritual dictatorship is liberating. The reality you propose and ascribe to (and without any evidence mind you) is far, far, far, far, far more dehumanizing than just about anything I could imagine. By your reckoning we're all just toys, created on a whim solely to be tested with the cards stacked against us. Pass the test, and you get to spend eternity fanning the ego and vanity of your maker. Fail, and he damns you to eternal torture for finite 'crimes' and non-crimes.

That questioning your deity's very existence, on the basis of a lack of evidence, is grounds for eternal torture? How is that NOT a 'devolution of humanity'? Your 'god' created Logic, yet demands Faith. What a load of malarkey...

[Image: 102-The-black-cat-analogy.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-01-2013, 06:50 AM
(28-01-2013 06:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 02:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  The fact is there is no atheist argument. It is necessarily a position of ignorance and its sole purpose is the devolution of humanity. You think you're being smart by throwing out superstition, but when you replace it with just darkness. There's no net gain.

Uh, no? Sorry, try again Egor...

Clearing out the refuse of religious thinking is a net gain, it allows you to think freely without the chains of dogma holding you back.

Freeing us from an imaginary spiritual dictatorship is liberating. The reality you propose and ascribe to (and without any evidence mind you) is far, far, far, far, far more dehumanizing than just about anything I could imagine. By your reckoning we're all just toys, created on a whim solely to be tested with the cards stacked against us. Pass the test, and you get to spend eternity fanning the ego and vanity of your maker. Fail, and he damns you to eternal torture for finite 'crimes' and non-crimes.

That questioning your deity's very existence, on the basis of a lack of evidence, is grounds for eternal torture? How is that NOT a 'devolution of humanity'? Your 'god' created Logic, yet demands Faith. What a load of malarkey...

What's the field that is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat by switching on the lights?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
28-01-2013, 06:51 AM
(28-01-2013 06:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 06:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, no? Sorry, try again Egor...

What's the field that is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat by switching on the lights?

Pragmatism.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-01-2013, 08:39 AM
(28-01-2013 06:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 06:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, no? Sorry, try again Egor...

The Unified Theory of Everything?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-04-2013, 08:37 PM

Egor,

As I read thru all of the different posts on this site.. you are the only person i feel most concerned about. Yes, I believe Atheists should come to Jesus and thru prayer and God's Will, those that will turn and believe will, I will give praise that they found the Living God. You, however, you claim to be Christian and yet, I see your website....the foundations you follow are cut short to what God requires of us..ONLY 2 Commandments??!! NOT hardly...this tells me you have twisted your faith in God...and to be angry with those that dont yet understand..shame on you. We are to be Christ like and to show the way thru Christ. If I were not a Christian..growing Christian, you would have turned me away! We are to chastise our brethen when they head down the wrong path, so I say these things out of the Love of Christ. Please do not beat down people that do not believe as you do. Do you look, read and take to heart the Beautitudes?? Please go and read, study, then come back and think and pray before you respond to these posts. You seem to me to be a wolf in sheeps clothing and I MUST thru Christ call you out!

Blessed are the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven,
Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted,
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God
Blessed are those that persecute you because of Righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

oh and the TEN commandments are the following:
1. You shall no other Gods before Me
2. You shall not make for yourself idols
3.You shall not misuse the name of God
4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy
5.Honor your father and mother
6 You shall not kill
7 You shall not commit adultery
8 You shall not steal
9 You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor
10 You shall not covert your neighbor's things

The Bible is the ONLY text that we as Christians should be learning and teaching from. Other texts are only meant to help understand the history aspect. Revelations 22:18-19 says:
I warn anyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this Book; If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this Book. And if anyone takes words away from this Book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share of the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this Book.

review: Matthew 18:6; but if anyone causes one of these little ones who believes in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the sea.(quoted by Jesus)

So again, please be careful with your words and how you treat the people on this forum, you could be entertaining angels in disguise. JCiL
07-04-2013, 08:45 PM
(07-04-2013 08:37 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  

Egor,

As I read thru all of the different posts on this site.. you are the only person i feel most concerned about. Yes, I believe Atheists should come to Jesus and thru prayer and God's Will, those that will turn and believe will, I will give praise that they found the Living God. You, however, you claim to be Christian and yet, I see your website....the foundations you follow are cut short to what God requires of us..ONLY 2 Commandments??!! NOT hardly...this tells me you have twisted your faith in God...and to be angry with those that dont yet understand..shame on you. We are to be Christ like and to show the way thru Christ. If I were not a Christian..growing Christian, you would have turned me away! We are to chastise our brethen when they head down the wrong path, so I say these things out of the Love of Christ. Please do not beat down people that do not believe as you do. Do you look, read and take to heart the Beautitudes?? Please go and read, study, then come back and think and pray before you respond to these posts. You seem to me to be a wolf in sheeps clothing and I MUST thru Christ call you out!

Blessed are the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven,
Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted,
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God
Blessed are those that persecute you because of Righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

oh and the TEN commandments are the following:
1. You shall no other Gods before Me
2. You shall not make for yourself idols
3.You shall not misuse the name of God
4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy
5.Honor your father and mother
6 You shall not kill
7 You shall not commit adultery
8 You shall not steal
9 You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor
10 You shall not covert your neighbor's things

The Bible is the ONLY text that we as Christians should be learning and teaching from. Other texts are only meant to help understand the history aspect. Revelations 22:18-19 says:
I warn anyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this Book; If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this Book. And if anyone takes words away from this Book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share of the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this Book.

review: Matthew 18:6; but if anyone causes one of these little ones who believes in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the sea.(quoted by Jesus)

So again, please be careful with your words and how you treat the people on this forum, you could be entertaining angels in disguise. JCiL

This must be before copyright came about...

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
07-04-2013, 09:11 PM
(07-04-2013 08:37 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  

Egor,

As I read thru all of the different posts on this site.. you are the only person i feel most concerned about. Yes, I believe Atheists should come to Jesus and thru prayer and God's Will, those that will turn and believe will, I will give praise that they found the Living God. You, however, you claim to be Christian and yet, I see your website....the foundations you follow are cut short to what God requires of us..ONLY 2 Commandments??!! NOT hardly...this tells me you have twisted your faith in God...and to be angry with those that dont yet understand..shame on you... You seem to me to be a wolf in sheeps clothing and I MUST thru Christ call you out!

OK, now I've just fallen into the rabbit hole.

TJCE, who the hell do you think you are to put down Brother Edward? If he wants to believe in 2 out of the 613 OT Commandments?
http://www.aish.com/h/sh/se/48945081.html
What? you didn't know there were more than 10? This tells me you don't know your faith! SHAME ON YOU!
I MUST thru Lord Steven Christ (another poster on this forum who claims he is Christ incarnate) call you out!

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
07-04-2013, 09:13 PM
(07-04-2013 09:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 08:37 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  Egor,

As I read thru all of the different posts on this site.. you are the only person i feel most concerned about. Yes, I believe Atheists should come to Jesus and thru prayer and God's Will, those that will turn and believe will, I will give praise that they found the Living God. You, however, you claim to be Christian and yet, I see your website....the foundations you follow are cut short to what God requires of us..ONLY 2 Commandments??!! NOT hardly...this tells me you have twisted your faith in God...and to be angry with those that dont yet understand..shame on you... You seem to me to be a wolf in sheeps clothing and I MUST thru Christ call you out!

OK, now I've just fallen into the rabbit hole.

TJCE, who the hell do you think you are to put down Brother Edward? If he wants to believe in 2 out of the 613 OT Commandments?
http://www.aish.com/h/sh/se/48945081.html
What? you didn't know there were more than 10? This tells me you don't know your faith! SHAME ON YOU!
I MUST thru Lord Steven Christ (another poster on this forum who claims he is Christ incarnate) call you out!

*Grabs a bag of popcorn and a drink* This should be good.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newest Accusation For Proof That Atheists Are Evil: Dr. Kevorkian Was Atheist! WindyCityJazz 3 95 Yesterday 07:54 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  "The mind is proof of god's existence." Chujutsu 162 4,647 21-07-2014 03:42 PM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Proof Yahweh isn't real. TSG 40 1,936 18-06-2014 12:57 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Another proof of god's existence Troll 13 399 07-04-2014 08:08 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Proof of secular ethics: Against moral violence Luminon 19 347 14-03-2014 06:16 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  Incontrovertible proof God exists Miss Meng 129 2,265 13-03-2014 02:09 PM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  Proof that God does not exist donotwant 1 79 12-03-2014 10:42 AM
Last Post: rampant.a.i.