Burdon of proof HOPEFULLY once and for all!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
28-11-2010, 07:39 PM
RE: Burdon of proof HOPEFULLY once and for all!
(28-11-2010 06:31 PM)fr0d0 Wrote:  A progression. ie Objective means to be based on fact.

If that's your definition of "objective", then this discussion is over.

You say that there can be "subjective evidence" of God. If this "evidence" is not based on fact, then it is not evidence. You are simply trying to equivocate between "I believe that it is this way" and "I have evidence that it is this way".

I had suspected that this was what you meant, but I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Now I am officially done with this discussion. You are, quite simply, not in touch with reality. Your definition of "evidence" is faulty. You do not apply rational, critical thought to your beliefs, and you have no intention of doing so. You lie and insult when confronted with this fact, and you refuse to answer any questions which show your position to be weak.

I'm done with you. Goodbye.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2010, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2010 01:51 PM by Buddy Christ.)
So THIS is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

An endless back and forth of counterarguments.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
29-11-2010, 01:44 PM
(28-11-2010 07:39 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-11-2010 06:31 PM)fr0d0 Wrote:  A progression. ie Objective means to be based on fact.

If that's your definition of "objective", then this discussion is over.

You say that there can be "subjective evidence" of God. If this "evidence" is not based on fact, then it is not evidence. You are simply trying to equivocate between "I believe that it is this way" and "I have evidence that it is this way".

I had suspected that this was what you meant, but I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Now I am officially done with this discussion. You are, quite simply, not in touch with reality. Your definition of "evidence" is faulty. You do not apply rational, critical thought to your beliefs, and you have no intention of doing so. You lie and insult when confronted with this fact, and you refuse to answer any questions which show your position to be weak.

I'm done with you. Goodbye.
Well at least you managed an answer sans the quote vortex.

If you disagree with the dictionaries then I really don't know how you're communicating.

ob·jec·tive (b-jktv)
adj.
1. Of or having to do with a material object.
2. Having actual existence or reality.
3. Based on observable phenomena; presented factually:
n.
Something that actually exists.

sub·jec·tive (sb-jktv)
adj.
1. belonging to, proceeding from, or relating to the mind of the thinking subject and not the nature of the object being considered
2. relating to the inherent nature of a person or thing; essential
3. (Philosophy) existing only as perceived and not as a thing in itself

My statements are backed up by dictionary definition, are consistent, and are logically sound. You've been flailing around the subject tossing out random unfounded insults like "you're a liar" and "you're irrational" without once facing up to the questions at hand. Yet again you make sweeping criticisms that are completely baseless. So now you're throwing the towel in having done that, hoping, no doubt, that this will buy you respect from the mob. It just doesn't look to be anything like reasoned argumentation to me. Quite the opposite.