Burka-ban here to stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2014, 05:37 AM
RE: Burka-ban here to stay!
I meant a) in relation to today (Christianity has had it's fair share of cruelty but it's pretty tame today) and b) in relation to how it effects me/western nations (don't give a fuck about Palestine to be perfectly honest).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 08:23 PM
(02-07-2014 12:22 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(01-07-2014 04:40 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The European high court for human rights has decided that the ban on wearing Burkas by the French Sarkozy government does not violate human rights. A French muslim had sued claiming that the ban was discriminatory.

I believe we all feel the burqa is a restriction on a women's freedom. I do. However, I believe it's a violation of human rights to be told what not to wear when the apparel is significant to culture/religion. Also, I am concerned that women who feel they must wear the burqa will be compelled to leave France. This is not a positive ruling for human rights: it's not going to free anyone, just run certain women out of France.

Shame on France and the European High Court for targeting cultural/religious clothing for women.

Personally , I'm French and I think that this is a good decision. The law doesnt say that you haven't the right to wear a niqab (Der Spiegel speak about burka but the author of this article make a confusion between burka and niqab like the majority of Westerner).

The law say that you haven't the right to cover your face with a balaclava , mask , niqab etc....

The majority of people who wear this Islamic cloth are Indigenous Europeans convert to Islam (mainly Indigeneous French).

I'm against this cloth for the same reason that I am against authorize people wear a mask in public. (Because we cannot identify the person).

I approve the decision because generally France and EU ignore the problems about Islam.

I'll tell you some stories that I live :
NOTE : The first story and second story happened in a vocation school were 80% of students are Muslims. The third and fourth story doesn't happened in the same city that 1 and 2.

1.A day I was in the cafeteria of a "Lycée professionnel" or "Vocation School" in English.
A young Muslim man (btw 16 and 20 years old) did asked if the meals are Halal. The canteen woman answered that all meals are Halal except the pork. Also she did precised that he doesn't must say it to others people because France is a secular state. Therefore this school didn't observed the French law about foods in public places.
The law say that you can serve meals without meat but you haven't the right to serve halal or kasher foods.

2.It was the (Lesser eid). The majority of people were'nt in the school because nearby all students are Muslims. Therefore the place was empty.
I did had the opportunity to speak with a man who work here. Do you know what he did said ? he did said something like : Après ça nous prétendons vivre dans un pays laïque. (After that [the fact that the majority of Muslims student aren't in school and that Institutions accept it even if offically they are not OK with it] we pretend live in a secular state). Also I can note that I can read a flyers where it was wrote that Muslims are allowed to skip school for feast of breaking the fast. Do you know who was the author of this flyers ? answer : the vocation school itself. Therefore the school didn't observed the French law again.

3.I was somewhere to take part in a professional formation (I can't indicate which place. I prefer avoid to be identified by some people).
The majority of people to this place were "muslims immigrees and descendant of muslim immigrees" and at a moment some "black [I precise the color of skin for that people imagine the scene] descendant of muslim immigrees" did screamed الله أَكْبَر (Allah akbar). Nobody did reacted everybody continued to listen the charged of convention.
Result : I didn't registered myself for this formation because I don't want progress in an Islamic middle.
When people who take care of those who are looking for a job asked me why I didn't registered myself. I did lied to avoid problems with French institutions. (Who want to know what was this lie ?).

4.At this same convention an "immigree muslim maghrebin (try to imagine the scene with this detail)woman" was weared a hijab. (The French law forbide it in this kind of place). I can remember that I did laughed in my mind because I saw a print on a wall of this room about secularity.

5.Which story can I tell ? they are too many stories to tell.

I have some questions :

A.Do you know that you can find in France neighbourhood with housing estates where Muslims are the majority in which Police and Firemen don't come because they risk to be attacked with stones , molotov cocktail , sticks etc... ? (I'm happy to say that I live in a housing estate where they are btw 20-40% therefore there are not this problem in my neighbourhood. In my neighbourhood you have few chances to be mobbed , mugged , robbed , killed etc...).

B.Do you know that in some part of France police stations are regularly attacked with molotov cocktail , mortar , stones etc.... ?

C.In some part of France street prayers are common but French authorities tolare it even if this is illegal. Since some month each Friday I can hear the adhan (Call to Islamic Prayer) this is not too loud but everybody must respect the law. Also I can see street prayer from a window of my flat each Friday since some month.

Conclusion : When you see the hypocrisy of French institutions like schools. You're happy to learn this kind of decision.
[+] 1 user Likes viocjit's post
09-07-2014, 01:42 PM
French banned the burqa
How do you feel about France banning this garment? Doubt the US could get away with this what with religious freedom. I know they're banning the head to toe veiling like this.....

[Image: Burqa.jpg]

but what about just a scarf on the head. What's the difference between this scarf.....

[Image: muslim-headscarf-for-girls+(2).jpg]

and this stylish scarf worn by Jackie Kennedy back in the 1960's

[Image: jackie_kennedy_on_a_yacht.jpg]

Or recently this scarf worn by Alicia Keys.......

[Image: alicia_2.jpg]

Is it that the Muslim scarf is also wrapped around the neck?

I'm all for banning that horrid head to toe monstroscity, but just a head scarf? I don't know, I think the French Scarf Police have their work cut out for them.

I would be very confused if I lived in France. Canada I think has tried to ban the burqa as well. Canadians? What's going on up there with the burqa (burka) wars.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-07-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: French banned the burqa
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...re-to-stay

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-07-2014, 01:51 PM
RE: French banned the burqa
(09-07-2014 01:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...re-to-stay

Oops You can delete my post. I've been out of town and didn't catch this.

09-07-2014, 01:53 PM
(09-07-2014 01:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 01:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...re-to-stay

Oops You can delete my post. I've been out of town and didn't catch this.

Naw I will just merge the threads as you have raised a few questions.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Perspective
From 2004. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3619988.stm
09-07-2014, 02:24 PM
(09-07-2014 02:04 PM)Maribeth Jones Wrote:  From 2004. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3619988.stm

So Bridget Bardot (one of the sexiest women to walk the earth) couldn't wear this?

[Image: 0372577132092edccd7a96f91e0ef372.jpg]

What about women who have cancer and want to cover their heads.....

[Image: cdff716eea9f1461e0999649b32e2db2.jpg]

I have something similar to this....

[Image: knitting_cowl_final_03.jpg]

It keeps my head warm in the winter. So if I were in France I couldn't wear a warm knitted scarf over my head? Then, fuck you France!

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-07-2014, 03:01 PM
I think the ban is about covering the face and not scarves and shawls. I may be wrong.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-07-2014, 03:03 PM
(09-07-2014 03:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think the ban is about covering the face and not scarves and shawls. I may be wrong.

That's also my understanding - essentially it's about being able to identify people, which a burka obviously inhibits...
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post