Burka-ban here to stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Burka-ban here to stay!
(09-07-2014 03:03 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 03:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think the ban is about covering the face and not scarves and shawls. I may be wrong.

That's also my understanding - essentially it's about being able to identify people, which a burka obviously inhibits...

I tried to find some details on what exactly is being banned and yes, the head to toe burqa is banned Thumbsup but they are also talking about any headscarf. It's not totally clear though. Funny thing is, the French are great wearers of beautiful scarfs. It's been quite the fashion for many years over there.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 12:15 AM
Re: Burka-ban here to stay!
So people can't walk about in France wearing masks? Is that on line of their reasoning... Then screw that, I'm not going to Versailles now if we can't have a gigantic masquerade throughout the gardens.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
10-07-2014, 12:55 AM
I am gonna say one of the stupidest things ever(brace yourselves guys).

I love the burqa and especially hijab. Sorry but as a former Muslim I am just going to love the hell out of those things. Every time I see a Paki Muslimah at my college I go "Masha'allah kati". I just can't help myself with this because I equate it with good character for some fucking reason Confused. As to how the hell you un-Islamify a person I do not know but dammit I really wanna say I side with the French jamma'ah at this point. All of those jinsy french Muslimat walking around burqaless just angers my inner Muslim.

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
10-07-2014, 05:35 PM
(10-07-2014 12:55 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  I am gonna say one of the stupidest things ever(brace yourselves guys).

I love the burqa and especially hijab. Sorry but as a former Muslim I am just going to love the hell out of those things. Every time I see a Paki Muslimah at my college I go "Masha'allah kati". I just can't help myself with this because I equate it with good character for some fucking reason Confused. As to how the hell you un-Islamify a person I do not know but dammit I really wanna say I side with the French jamma'ah at this point. All of those jinsy french Muslimat walking around burqaless just angers my inner Muslim.

Well........then........do nuns do it for you? It's almost the same damn garment.

[Image: NunSistersofLife1.jpg]

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
13-07-2014, 10:15 AM
So wait. It's illegal to wear a burqa in France?
Fucking totalitarian pricks!
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
28-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Amazing how muslim men have their women covered up, then stand around leering and perving at the other women in western style clothing.
Best of both worlds, huh?
[+] 1 user Likes kiwihogfiend's post
28-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Re: RE: Burka-ban here to stay!
(13-07-2014 10:15 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  So wait. It's illegal to wear a burqa in France?
Fucking totalitarian pricks!
Tres bon France!
About time someone told these people they can't have everything their own way.
[+] 1 user Likes kiwihogfiend's post
28-07-2014, 08:09 AM
(02-07-2014 12:22 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(01-07-2014 04:40 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The European high court for human rights has decided that the ban on wearing Burkas by the French Sarkozy government does not violate human rights. A French muslim had sued claiming that the ban was discriminatory.

I believe we all feel the burqa is a restriction on a women's freedom. I do. However, I believe it's a violation of human rights to be told what not to wear when the apparel is significant to culture/religion. Also, I am concerned that women who feel they must wear the burqa will be compelled to leave France. This is not a positive ruling for human rights: it's not going to free anyone, just run certain women out of France.

Shame on France and the European High Court for targeting cultural/religious clothing for women.

As if Moslems leaving France is a bad thingRolleyes
28-07-2014, 10:57 AM
(10-07-2014 12:55 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  I am gonna say one of the stupidest things ever(brace yourselves guys).

I kind of understand where you're coming from- couldn't eat anything that came from a pig for a good while. Programming too strong.

I agree with the niqab ruling, personally. Not because it oppresses women (a lot of the women want to wear it- they've bought into it, been brainwashed, etc.), though it does, but because it seems reasonable that people need to show their faces to be identifiable. Could it still be a bad precedent for freedom? Maybe. But a lot of things are.

Islam oppresses women in much worse ways than the clothing, though I do hate the clothing. Lets see the men wear thick, black cloth from head to toe in the desert or on a hot day. Also, guys, please at least wear a skirt. I don't want to see your bulge. Makes me think impure thoughts. (Seriously though, feel free to wear tight clothes or no clothes men. So not above ogling.)

Men always assimilate quick- pants right away. They even wear them in muslim countries. But they don't want their women to. Such a stark difference in dress means you never fully assimilate, and that's what they want. Otherwise, you might lose your all important hymen. Yep, your most valuable possession is a thin mucus membrane that you can only lose once. A freshness seal, so to speak.

Part if it might also be anxiety over penis comparisons. If you've only ever seen one, how would you know if it was tiny?

Let me list a few of the idiotic things in Islam that were obvious red flags to me even as a child.

1. Sons inherit more.
2. Muslim women can't marry men from different religions, but men can.
3. Men can have multiple wives (though I don't think there are a lot of women who want more than one man. At least, not permanently Wink )
4. Husbands are allowed to hit disobedient wives. One of the more hilarious things I found in there was the fact that one of the steps to try to discipline a "disobedient" wife was to deny her sex. Really? I wonder how well that worked...thanks for giving us hands evolution!
5. Women are "unclean" when having their periods- they can't pray or touch the Quran. (I abused the hell out of this one before I came out. Some people probably thought I must have had some kind of health issue because I was always on my period, lol.)
6. When negotiating a contract, you must have one male witness or two female ones. Why? Well, because one of the women might forget what they witnessed, of course! One of the most depressing things ever was watching my mom bending over backwards trying to defend this one.

There's more, but I think I've ranted enough for now.

Wait. One more thing...

Why are men always trying so hard to control women? Even the GOP in the US- no birth control, no abortions, etc. It's my body, stop telling me what to do with it or how to dress it. No birth control? Fine, no boner pills. Not to mention the weird "legitimate rape" thing that came out a while ago.

I guess I don't have an inner muslim...just a rage-filled inner bitch.

Ok. I'm done now.
[+] 3 users Like freed's post