Burkha Ban.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Burkha Ban.
Australian PM Tony Abbott has just changed his mind about banning this dress mode for Islamic women attending parliamentary sittings.
They were to be placed in a glassed off area usually occupied by kids.
While Islamic State is ultra evil, the consensus here was that this didn't apply to the majority of Islamic people..................
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Burkha Ban.
I am getting tired of this sort of stuff; the government seems like it is going a little overboard with its constant emphasis on ISIS and 'threats' they've received; I'm in the frame of mind to suspect that the government is harping on about it endlessly to the public the scare up votes.
To an extent, I support the logic that if you want to enter an important building, like the parliament, you show your face while you are there; this should not be a controversial thing.

Of course, I must say I am extra tired of it considering my current living space...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Apparently very few Burkha wearing women have tried.
I imagine post any explosion they could not be recognized anyway.
Pre the act tends to make them already thought guilty, perhaps.

Placing suspects in the kids area seemed a bit rough.No
02-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Quote:I am getting tired of this sort of stuff; the government seems like it is going a little overboard with its constant emphasis on ISIS and 'threats' they've received; I'm in the frame of mind to suspect that the government is harping on about it endlessly to the public the scare up votes.

I wonder where you got that idea from....

Quote:“When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty and there is nothing to fear from them then he is always stirring up some wary or other in order that the people may require a leader.”

― Plato

Oh right. The idea is as old as the hills.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
02-10-2014, 05:37 PM
(02-10-2014 05:17 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Apparently very few Burkha wearing women have tried.
I imagine post any explosion they could not be recognized anyway.
Pre the act tends to make them already thought guilty, perhaps.

Placing suspects in the kids area seemed a bit rough.No

Whether a person is recognisable after an explosion would depend largely on the position and power of the explosives...
But I doubt that will ever be an issue; I highly doubt that anybody would actually attack a place like Parliament. Really I'm inclined to doubt attacks here at all, especially not by ISIS and their ilk.

I don't see much issue with being relegated to an enclosed observation area anyway: whether it is typically used by kids at excursions is irrelevant; such zones exist so that visitors can visit and watch without disturbing the parliament.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-10-2014, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 05:44 PM by Free Thought.)
(02-10-2014 05:24 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 04:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am getting tired of this sort of stuff; the government seems like it is going a little overboard with its constant emphasis on ISIS and 'threats' they've received; I'm in the frame of mind to suspect that the government is harping on about it endlessly to the public the scare up votes.

I wonder where you got that idea from....

Quote:“When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty and there is nothing to fear from them then he is always stirring up some wary or other in order that the people may require a leader.”

― Plato

Oh right. The idea is as old as the hills.

Fixed the quote for you. Dodgy

And yes, thank you ever so much for point out that an idea I espoused is very old. The purpose of doing so is... What exactly?

02-10-2014, 05:43 PM
That every tyrant has the same act.

02-10-2014, 05:54 PM
(02-10-2014 05:43 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  That every tyrant has the same act.

That is hardly news, and I would not go so far as to say there are any tyrants in the area, but given his remarkable lack of popular support, Abbott and his party of fops trying to scare up support by looking like big, tough defenders of Australia against tearism is not surprising.

03-10-2014, 12:36 PM
That was the point. Plato figured out that rulers are scumbags 2400 years ago and the idea probably predates him, too.

Even Obama has fallen into the trap of running around like Chicken Little because a bunch of murderers killed two Americans...(let's not pretend that anyone gives a shit about the number of Syrians/Iraqis they have killed.)

WE have pissed away $1billion blowing up stuff which we originally gave to the Iraqis but the military-industrial complex is happy and that is all that matters.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-te...on-n215126

Pardon me. I've seen too much of this bullshit in my life to not take note of it.