Burned Plastic In Oven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Burned Plastic In Oven
Okay, so a couple of minutes ago, I was about to make a Pizza, so I preheated the oven, except I forget to take out all the assorted pots and pans.

I Realized my mistake when I smelled burning plastic in the living room, none of the plastic actually melted onto the stove, but the stench is lingering in the kitchen.

My question is, Is it safe to stay in the house with the fumes, and, will the pizza be infused with said toxic fumes lingering in the oven? (The Oven itself doesn't actually smell, and the smell is not very strong).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: Burned Plastic In Oven
(26-05-2013 07:26 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  Okay, so a couple of minutes ago, I was about to make a Pizza, so I preheated the oven, except I forget to take out all the assorted pots and pans.

I Realized my mistake when I smelled burning plastic in the living room, none of the plastic actually melted onto the stove, but the stench is lingering in the kitchen.

My question is, Is it safe to stay in the house with the fumes, and, will the pizza be infused with said toxic fumes lingering in the oven? (The Oven itself doesn't actually smell, and the smell is not very strong).

Throw out the pizza, air out the house and leave for a while.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
26-05-2013, 07:53 PM
(26-05-2013 07:39 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(26-05-2013 07:26 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  Okay, so a couple of minutes ago, I was about to make a Pizza, so I preheated the oven, except I forget to take out all the assorted pots and pans.

Throw out the pizza, air out the house and leave for a while.

Just to be clear, I only put the pizza in there after I had taken out the pots and pans, and they didn't burn for very long, should I Still throw it out?
26-05-2013, 08:01 PM
(26-05-2013 07:53 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  
(26-05-2013 07:39 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Throw out the pizza, air out the house and leave for a while.

Just to be clear, I only put the pizza in there after I had taken out the pots and pans, and they didn't burn for very long, should I Still throw it out?

YES!!!!! Plastic fumes are toxic and cancer causing! Out, out with it!!! And you! Go to a pizza place and eat some Pizza and then come back.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I recently saw some research results that even the TV dinner plastic trays will cause cancer over time if you heat food in them. Hot plastic is very nasty!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Follow everybody else's advice.

For my words however:

Next put a bunch of foil in your microwave.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
26-05-2013, 09:28 PM
And wash the oven out with a solution of ammonia and bleach....

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2013, 10:24 PM

No you should be fine

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
26-05-2013, 10:32 PM
(26-05-2013 09:28 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  And wash the oven out with a solution of ammonia and bleach....

NO NO NO... no no no no ... Ammonia and bleach will become chloramine vapor, with a potential for hydrazine formation. This is extremely dangerous and toxic vapors will be produced.

Wait.... you were being a murderous dick just for fun, right? Sorry. Carry on. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-05-2013, 10:33 PM
(26-05-2013 10:32 PM)kim Wrote:  
(26-05-2013 09:28 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  And wash the oven out with a solution of ammonia and bleach....

NO NO NO... no no no no ... Ammonia and bleach will become chloramine vapor, with a potential for hydrazine formation. This is extremely dangerous and toxic vapors will be produced.

Spoil sport. Angry

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user