Burning holy books is a victim-less crime

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2011, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 09:40 AM by TrainWreck.)
Burning holy books is a victim-less crime
Well, here we have situation that tests our previous discussion - Blasphemy is a victim-less crime.

My opinion is that there are sub-organizations of the Afghan nation that are exploiting the specific local American protest to generate rebellion among the meek Afghanis against the incursion of western civilization. And so the victims appears to be those who were assigned security jobs in the village(s), if they are the forensic victims of the killings reported. If the violence includes people seemingly not directly associated with the peacekeeping mission, then it is "witch hunting," and we all know who is the victim of that.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2011, 10:44 AM
RE: Burning holy books is a victim-less crime
(04-04-2011 09:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  If the violence includes people seemingly not directly associated with the peacekeeping mission, then it is "witch hunting," and we all know who is the victim of that.

Witches????

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
04-04-2011, 11:08 AM
And this has to do with burning holy books how?
04-04-2011, 11:16 AM
(04-04-2011 09:35 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Well, here we have situation that tests our previous discussion - Blasphemy is a victim-less crime.

My opinion is that there are sub-organizations of the Afghan nation that are exploiting the specific local American protest to generate rebellion among the meek Afghanis against the incursion of western civilization. And so the victims appears to be those who were assigned security jobs in the village(s), if they are the forensic victims of the killings reported. If the violence includes people seemingly not directly associated with the peacekeeping mission, then it is "witch hunting," and we all know who is the victim of that.
If burning the quran was a crime, then it should have had victims. It didn't. It had an inflammatory effect on a large group of severely unstable people who decided to go out and perpetrate crimes on other people. Those who perished were victims of people brainwashed to be monsters, not the burning of a book.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
05-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Burning holy books is not a crime, nor does it have victims. Those who can't see that it is "just a book" are already victims of brain-washing.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
05-04-2011, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 10:35 AM by TrainWreck.)
(04-04-2011 11:08 AM)TheKetola Wrote:  And this has to do with burning holy books how?

The media has been reporting that the protests culminating in violence in Afghanistan were prompted, because somehow the people were informed of the Quran burning demonstration in Florida.

(04-04-2011 11:16 AM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  . . . It had an inflammatory effect on a large group of severely unstable people who decided to go out and perpetrate crimes on other people.
I don't think it was a large group who actually did violence.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
06-04-2011, 10:10 PM
(05-04-2011 10:30 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  The media has been reporting that the protests culminating in violence in Afghanistan were prompted, because somehow the people were informed of the Quran burning demonstration in Florida.

Had there not been a Koran-burning event, the people responsible would have found some other excuse for violence. They're looking for excuses.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
07-04-2011, 12:33 AM
And blaming others for their own behavior.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
22-04-2011, 08:13 PM

Funny, I don't remember any one killing Germans because they burned books in the '30's.
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Killing storm troopers is a greater challenge and greater risk than is killing civilians and journalists.