Burning in hell at primary school

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Burning in hell at primary school
(22-10-2015 06:48 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  ...
I think perspective is the best defence against indoctrination.

Yeah, well, that's just your perspective. Where's your evidence?

I enjoyed saying that. Like I was 6 again. Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-10-2015, 05:34 PM
My grandson is a happy child. He did tell me of someone who said some nasty things to him. He understood when told that there are some people in this world that like saying nasty things and that I was happy that he wasn't like that.
[+] 3 users Like Takelababy's post
22-10-2015, 06:51 PM
(21-10-2015 09:06 PM)Kirst Wrote:  I live in New Zealand which is a relatively secular country so I was suprised to learn today that my 6 year old is being told by his peers that he is going to hell because he doesn't believe in God. I don't know what to say to him. How do I explain he has nothing to worry about?

Teach him to respond with Maori religion. Or get earmuffs to accompany your son to school so that the bullies know what's gonna happen to them if they keep this shit up.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-10-2015, 10:32 PM
(22-10-2015 06:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 09:06 PM)Kirst Wrote:  I live in New Zealand which is a relatively secular country so I was suprised to learn today that my 6 year old is being told by his peers that he is going to hell because he doesn't believe in God. I don't know what to say to him. How do I explain he has nothing to worry about?

Teach him to respond with Maori religion. Or get earmuffs to accompany your son to school so that the bullies know what's gonna happen to them if they keep this shit up.

They'll turn into Earmuffs??? Gasp

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-10-2015, 09:52 AM
At age 6, I don't think that any mature reasoned arguments are going to help as (1) he'd only be parroting them without the understanding and (2) the classmates wouldn't understand the response either.

If someone said this to my kids who are older but still barely able to do algebra let alone evaluate for themselves the existence of a deity I would tell my child to ignore it best they can. Every person needs to make up their own mind and shouldn't be influenced by others. These are hard concepts for someone at age 6.

How many students are saying this to your son? Is it a bunch or perhaps it is just one vocal boy or girl who is undergoing prescription strength brainwashing?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
26-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Thanks for your help, I agree I don't wNt to tell him what to say because that makes me no better than a brainwasher. It will also be more powerful if he discovers his own truth.

As far as I can tell (6 year olds are not a reliable source) it is only one, but it is his best friend. I think both my son and his friend are distressed about it. It is a life lesson, but it still breaks my heart.
26-10-2015, 06:40 PM
hard life lessons for sure.
I had a good friend like that, except his parents did not serve the koolaid that strong. We made it to puberty before it got into the way.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
26-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Did they ask if hell looked like school, and had the demonic version of his peers in it yet? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post