But God doesn't SEND you to Hell...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2013, 01:05 PM
RE: But God doesn't SEND you to Hell...
(06-02-2013 12:07 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  You should try some Dicken's cider. My wife starts out every day with some Dicken's cider. Hell, the other night she had some friends over and she had me give each one of them some Dicken's cider. Her sister even says that my Dicken's cider hits a spot in her that lemonade just can't reach.
Sounds like one of Bob & Tom's fake radio ads.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 01:06 PM
(06-02-2013 10:53 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Welcome back. Smile
Muchas Gracias, Amigo.
06-02-2013, 01:10 PM
On topic:

The Bible is filled with the concept of election.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
06-02-2013, 01:15 PM
(06-02-2013 01:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  On topic:

Just as it is filled with (the concept of) violence, cruelty and pain. And?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
06-02-2013, 01:26 PM

Yes well, you can only get stuffed crust pizza at Pizza Hut. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
06-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Doesn't this argument get back down to Pascal's wager at some point? Which has even been found fallacious even on yahoo answers lol which personally I think says a lot considering how much <sarcasm>success</sarcasm> that site has with coming up with actual correct answers.

Also NOT considering Pascal's wager into this argument I thought the reason for a baptism process was because we're supposedly born unclean somehow and need to accept a savior in order to even be accepted into their afterlife gated community. So then what about those people that have no concept of the whole process and merrily go about their remote village life only to get to the afterlife and be shoved off into a pit of pain, burning, torture, despair, and fire. Where was their choice?

Further can you truely 'choose' to believe and thus be saved? I think since there are so many gaps in evidence that the belief requires a leap of faith that transcends those gaps. Which for someone who bases most of their thinking in logic and empirically provable facts, it's not as easy to just jump to that conclusion. I'm confident that science holds the answers to the wonders of the universe and the more I see developments in science and regression within the churches (such as the young earth creationist movement - just one example) that gap becomes ever wider and not even worth attempting to bridge, because what's on the other side is more and more clearly false and non-beneficial.

Talent hits the target no one else can hit, while genius hits the target no one knew existed.
06-02-2013, 01:36 PM
(06-02-2013 01:26 PM)kim Wrote:  

Yes well, you can only get stuffed crust pizza at Pizza Hut. Dodgy
Sorry... im like a giggling kid now I can photoshop shit.

[Image: JesusPizza_zps7f163217.jpg]

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
06-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Probably so. It certainly wasn't an original thought, as I don't seem to have many of those. Confused
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2013, 01:46 PM
(06-02-2013 01:36 PM)bemore Wrote:  [Image: JesusPizza_zps7f163217.jpg]

ME: Excuse me, waiter... I think there's some mistake.... I didn't order the John Cusack crust.

Calvinist waiter: You have no choice.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-02-2013, 01:49 PM
(06-02-2013 01:46 PM)kim Wrote:  ME: Excuse me, waiter... I think there's some mistake.... I didn't order the John Cusack crust.

Calvinist waiter: You have no choice.
No choice but to eat him? Jesus! There is only so much one should be asked to do for one's religion!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."